It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAF jets diverting passenger plane to Stansted Airport for "security reasons"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
RAF Tornado Jets are diverting a Pakistani passenger plane for security reasons which was diverted from Manchester to Stansted airport.

After the events of the last few days lets hope this ends well.

Follow it here...Lnk

Is there someone else who is on the radar on that flight?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
2 arrested, plane is on the ground...about time they started arresting these guys instead of letting them in and watching.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
OK...so there are some conflicting reports here..

The good old engine trouble routine. However, just 10 minutes prior to landing, the pilot sent an emergency signal and there is this eyewitness account. Remember, two men were arrested and why would someone try to enter the cabin just before landing..two no less.

Another passenger, Umari Nauman, told Sky News that cabin crew had said two men had repeatedly tried to get into the cockpit. "The cabin crew informed us that basically they tried to come into the cockpit a few times and because they had been asked not to do that, they got into a bit of an argument with the crew and made a few threats." Stansted said the pilot had alerted the authorities to the incident, but the airport did not say what that incident was.

So which is it?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
and a second plane that had an engine catch fire...I am sure it was just birds that caused both engines to fail...

Link

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Holiday flight jet makes emergency landing

A plane made an emergency landing at Stansted airport today after the pilots reported engine trouble.

Fire and rescue crews went on full alert at the Essex airport as the Monarch holiday flight jet diverted there a few minutes after take-off.

Pilots of the charter jet alerted controllers to a problem after taking off from Luton Airport bound for Tenerife.

Essex Police said emergency crews were put on full alert at 8.25am but the plane landed safely 20 minutes later.

A Stansted Airport spokesman said: "A plane flying from Luton to Tenerife was diverted to Stansted.

"We understand that the pilot contacted Air Traffic Control and said he had engine problems.

"The plane made an emergency landing."

The plane landed at Stansted shortly after 8.25am and no passengers were injured, according to the spokesman.

The Stansted Airport spokesman added: "There were 219 passengers on board."

The aircraft was an Airbus 321.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I heard a radio report this morning about this and there were passengers on another plane that saw smoke comming from the Airbus 321.

I'm thinking that passengers may have tried to let the pilots know about a plane in the sky on-fire
edit on 24-5-2013 by azureskys because: added thought

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Thanks, so this makes 3 planes. If anyone is flying in the US this weekend check to see if there is extra security in place.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Not RAF Tornado, but Eurofighter Typhoon. All the fighter variant Tornado (Tornado F3s) have been retired. The only RAF Tornado variant is the ground attack GR4s and they don't sit on Quick Reaction Alert in the UK. The QRA Typhoons operate from RAF Leuchars in Scotland and RAF Coningsby in England.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo
reply to post by esdad71

Not RAF Tornado, but Eurofighter Typhoon. All the fighter variant Tornado (Tornado F3s) have been retired. The only RAF Tornado variant is the ground attack GR4s and they don't sit on Quick Reaction Alert in the UK. The QRA Typhoons operate from RAF Leuchars in Scotland and RAF Coningsby in England.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Thanks...I guess i am showing my age...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
You wait for a bus then two... wait a min...

Its quite a coincidence that there where two plane related incidentally in the UK today.

Passengers disrupting a flight and trying to get into the cockpit.

Then another developing not just one, but two faulty engines! If its not due to birds in the engine, then I will put on my conspiracy hat and guess at possible sabotage.
Hope they find the cause to prevent future problems.

Stuff like this is not needed with the current tense situation regarding Wednesdays murder of the British Soldier in London.
It makes you think that there is a possible wave of attacks coming.

Frightening.

eee.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Memorial Day weekend in the US. You do something like what happened in England with the attack, then a few plane issues and eyes are looking elsewhere. Look at one hand while the other completes the trick. A shooting of a known accomplice in a murder related to the Bostom Bombing in an area across the street from 4 of the largest theme parks in America and tons and tons of hotels and malls. You could not write a Clancy novel better....stay safe and vigilant.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

Then another developing not just one, but two faulty engines! If its not due to birds in the engine, then I will put on my conspiracy hat and guess at possible sabotage.
Hope they find the cause to prevent future problems.

The engines themselves weren't the problem, the engine cowlings came off in flight. There have been 18 similar incidents since 2000, with seven happening in the last 8 years. Airbus says that all have occurred after maintenance, but 13 of the incidents have occurred on the V2500 engine (which was on the A319 today).

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

An A319, an A321 and a Boeing 777. 3 different planes,

2 with 'engine troubles' and one with men arrested after threats and trying to get into the cockpit. All around the same time...maintenance is one thing but this is 'quite' the coincidence don't you think?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Dear god no. Do you know how many 7700s I've seen in a day with FlightRadar24? I've had days when I've seen five or six in a couple of hours. I've also had times when I've gone days without a single one. The sheer amount of traffic puts the odds as pretty good as seeing one or more planes in a given area as having problems. Sooner or later it's going to catch up, especially the way airlines do maintenance.

top topics

join