It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police swoop on the homeless taking sleeping bags and food parcels in co-ordinated raids in Redbridg

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm failing to see why there has been such a negative response from people about the police for doing this. For one, people regularly moan and groan about homeless people begging and causing anti-social behaviour. These people who are homeless have the opportunity to seek shelter and live in emergency accommodation paid for initially by the council and then the tax payer. The thing is the majority of homeless people KNOW they can be given accommodation but they decline it. The police cannot be blamed for doing their jobs and I am sick and tired of people contradicting themselves. One minute they absolutely despise beggars and vagrants and the next they are in uproar that police are moving them on!
edit on 24-5-2013 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

People need to grow up and accept that things happened.

Perhaps you should take your own advice, grow up, develop some compassion and accept you absolutely have no idea why some of those mistreated people are homeless. Bad things happen to good people!!!

I wasn't referring to the Polish guy when I wrote that, I was referring to the Radicals that are over here....

Please read posts properly before responding.

+13 more 
posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
theft is theft.

So what if the police dislike the homeless for whatever reason, that doesn't give anyone the right to steal from them as if they are less than human and undeserving of basic rights.

Pathetic.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

People need to grow up and accept that things happened.

Perhaps you should take your own advice, grow up, develop some compassion and accept you absolutely have no idea why some of those mistreated people are homeless. Bad things happen to good people!!!

I wasn't referring to the Polish guy when I wrote that, I was referring to the Radicals that are over here....

Please read posts properly before responding.

Once again....take your own advice!!

The thread was about the police stealing stuff from homeless people; you went off on an immigrant rant and if you would have read the posts properly, you wouldn't be so confused.

Cops stealing from anyone, even if they are immigrants, sets a bad precedent; don't you agree?

edit on 24-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I'm sure you got a lot of comments concerning what I'm about to say ....homelessness is a direct cause of being Un-employed?? Or...these people are homeless due to a lack of wanting to work?

I was homeless working a minimum wage job. It was impossible for me to pay, water, garbage, electric, heat, Ins, food. Did you notice I didn't say cable? There was no way I was going to get that luxury.

Most homeless are in that predicument not for lack of employment, althogh... the numbers have risen due to our corrupt government and the selfishness of the community they live in. I won't elaborate my views on the community.

In fact a lot of homeless people have psychological problems. Due to our medical system and our government state and fed took a lot of beds away from people that really need them. A lot of crimes, rapes & murder are a direct result of our messed up priorities. Homeless on homeless and wolf on homeless.

A lot of homeless are struggling w/ drug issues caused by a past of abuse.

There is rarely a person that is homeless and on the streets because they want to be there. It's sisters and brothers and mothers and fathers that society does not want to see or help!!

I want to close by saying that what has happened here is disgusting!!!! How did being homeless become illeagle?
If I were these people I would sue the city for stealing!! Homeless people have a right to our society to...whether that's protection or medical or.....or..... They have a right to exsist and if you don't like it...buy them a house!!!

Big huge EDIT....I did not mean to give ProfessorT a star. Take it away!!!! What they said I really disagree with!
I was trying to give the OP a F&S a didn't realize I was on top of pg 2. eeegggads!!
edit on 24-5-2013 by tracehd1 because: F&S

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
I'm failing to see why there has been such a negative response from people about the police for doing this. For one, people regularly moan and groan about homeless people begging and causing anti-social behaviour. These people who are homeless have the opportunity to seek shelter and live in emergency accommodation paid for initially by the council and then the tax payer. The thing is the majority of homeless people KNOW they can be given accommodation but they decline it. The police cannot be blamed for doing their jobs and I am sick and tired of people contradicting themselves. One minute they absolutely despise beggars and vagrants and the next they are in uproar that police are moving them on!
edit on 24-5-2013 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

Oh where to begin. Had there been complaints about their being in a certain place, then why not help them move to another place instead of seizing the only property they had? The police acted like thieves, nothing less. Who knows but that some of them might be diabetic?

If their being in that location was in any way related to their being close to the SA, then perhaps there needs to be more decentralized supply distribution centers in areas selected for them to be functioning better. (attention municipal planning committees! ) A coordinated raid that isolates people even more from everyone in society shows stupidity at the planning level and a heartless callousness on both the planning coordinator and those who carried out such raids. What the hell ever happened to basic human kindness?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I totally agree with your post

I found myself very nearly homeless a few years ago, my relationship with an ex ended and a week later I lost my job, if it were not for the help of my family times would have been extremely rough for me, it takes time to get a new job and takes time applying for housing and benefits, when you are not familiar with the system it's hard to figure out where/who to go to. My heart goes out to people who find themselves in these situations especially when they dont have a good family behind them to help.

It can happen anyone.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Those cops need executing. Evil is not a powerful enough word to describe their actions.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

You are talking about a very small minority of the immigrant population here!

You cant tar them all with the same brush!

Go in to your nearest hospital and you are guaranteed to find within a few feet of entering a foreign doctor/surgeon/nurse doing a mighty fine job helping people and paying taxes.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'll tell you one thing if I was homeless and that happened to me sorry to say I need and will take what I need when the law works against me at all cost.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

What's radical is taking a homeless person's shelter. You do not fully understand the lives of these Homeless people so do not assume they are the same Radical's you are so scared of. Grow up. If society didn't treat other humans like crap than we probably wouldn't have these so called Radicals or Homeless. Infact, you're the one who has quite a radical view here.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

That was many years ago when the thing happening in the World was War among people.....

Times have changed. We aren't Barbarians anymore. Well, most of us aren't Barbarians anymore.....

We know who the Barbarians are and at the moment they aren't stopping or prepared to stop and dont think for a minute that you are safe from harm because it could come at you tomorrow just when you thought everything is fine.

People need to grow up and accept that things happened. Those who were alive then, are long since dead!

Wait.... are you honestly trying to say that the brits are not currently invading other countries? Your people are not sitting in towns and homes by force and refusing to leave? Really? Hmm, someone might want to tell that to the black and tans in Ireland.....

Sunday bloody Sunday

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Yes, I know homelessness can happen to anyone.... I'm not saying it wont or does'nt. I know circumstances lead to Homelessness like Eviction for example....

Trust me... I've lived through a lot myself where if I hadn't done something about my situation, I could have been Homeless meself but luckily for me I was able to get my Council property. I've been at the lowest of low points but had to pick myself up and get on as there was no-one around to help me out.

All I'm saying is if this guy has any Family back home, he could get himself back home.... obviously coming here hasn't worked out for him.

Why would he want to live on the street if he has Family back home?? (This is assuming he has Family back home)
edit on 24-5-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
sick piggys stealing from the homeless
how low can you go in life what ever happened to faith hope & charity .

must look up the number of that cop shop and make a call bad pr is bad pr you could always call some reporters of the local and national news papers .

the area i stay in gave a latvian a ticket to london to his embassy when he hit rock bottom his embassy only allowed him to use the phone ?? to phone his family for help then showed him the door after a 12 hour coach trip .

if a uk national was to go to any other country in europe would he be treated any better
most of those countrys do not pay housing benefit after so many weeks if at all we should treat immigrants as their own goverments do .

but at least give them food and shelter where i live they opened a unused ware house and put all the mattresses that people were throwing out in it the salvation army would feed them at night it stopped them freezing to death in shop doorways in the 10 month winter we get in the highlands of scotland the last time i heard they even closed that down

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

Homeless people and bums (there is a difference IMO) are a real problem for society. This isn't a wide open mountain side where folks can chose to set up camp and make it home. People spend a lot of time, money and effort to make their towns and cities a nice place to live so you can't blame citizens for not wanting them around messing it all up. They are dirty and live dirty. The beg for money and get it through soft extortion and badgering. They often are criminals and drug addicts. I don't want them around my house, kid's school or anywhere I might be going for walk quite frankly. It's we the citizens who complain to the officials which police answer to and eventually are ordered to use strong tactics to get these "undesirables" to move on. But we all recognize that these people are humans too and deserve some compassion. I don't want anyone to be cold and hungry. But I truly believe most homeless people have zero desire to really work for a better life. I see them every day on every corner, pathetically limping and begging for money until the light turns green and the cars start moving...then they shout to their buddy on the other side of the street asking how much they got, counting their wads. This one "Homeless pregnant mother" (according to her sign) has been with child for three years now. So, is there an answer? I don't know

Just Wow!!, I bet if you lost everything you own ,your home, your ID, all your money, your job, your friends, you would be singing a different tune.

Judge not or let you be judged

I am a human being and I live on planet earth and you as a human being dont have the right to dictate where I live.

edit on 24-5-2013 by MidKnight because: added quote

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
You Brits are pretty Goddamn cold arent you?
No wonder your race is dying out.......

edit on 24-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

No way, Officialdom does not equate to the person on the street, does that sound more familiar?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Those cops need executing. Evil is not a powerful enough word to describe their actions.

Their actions are biblical.

For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
-- Matthew 25:29

biblehub.com...

cops are just doing the LORD's will.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
Homeless people and bums (there is a difference IMO) are a real problem for society. This isn't a wide open mountain side where folks can chose to set up camp and make it home.

People spend a lot of time, money and effort to make their towns and cities a nice place to live so you can't blame citizens for not wanting them around messing it all up. They are dirty and live dirty. The beg for money and get it through soft extortion and badgering. They often are criminals and drug addicts. I don't want them around my house, kid's school or anywhere I might be going for walk quite frankly. It's we the citizens who complain to the officials which police answer to and eventually are ordered to use strong tactics to get these "undesirables" to move on.

But we all recognize that these people are humans too and deserve some compassion. I don't want anyone to be cold and hungry. But I truly believe most homeless people have zero desire to really work for a better life. I see them every day on every corner, pathetically limping and begging for money until the light turns green and the cars start moving...then they shout to their buddy on the other side of the street asking how much they got, counting their wads. This one "Homeless pregnant mother" (according to her sign) has been with child for three years now.

So, is there an answer? I don't know

I think we all know the government also gets its money from extortion and badgering. Maybe the police should round up all the politicians and the FEDS/BOC/BOE/etc. tax revenue lap dogs, boot them out and take all their stuff. That might be a plan.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

That was many years ago when the thing happening in the World was War among people.....

Times have changed.

Erm, ........
no. Not so much. They haven't.
There is still 'war among people'. Still happening in the 'World.'

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Im 67 and im on Old age pension
Its about 1100 a month
rents here are about 550 plus hydro plus heat,plus my medicines 150....this works out to about 900 so that leaves me 50 per week or less for food clothes haircuts, car insurance,etc.gas,and entertainment
How goddam long before i am homeless?care to estimate?
What insensitive assholes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join