It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Launch, Flight and Recovery of a Shuttle Solid Rocket Booster (SRB)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
These aren't flying anymore but I came across this and thought it would be neat to share. The first video is the 8 1/2 minute time it takes from launch to splash down in the ocean for the SRB Booster. The display includes a M.P.H. Indicator which is very interesting to watch as it goes up, gets separated and then comes back into denser atmosphere to eventual 0's in the water.

This second video is a bit longer but also interesting for how they went about recovering these in the ocean, after splash down. They obviously didn't just leave them to sink away or treat them as trash after the launch cycles. Quite a bit of effort was put into the design and recovery of the rockets.

Anyway, it's the Space forum and this really struck me as fun to watch. It's quite a rush to see both the launch and fall back down from that altitude. So quickly, too. Well, enjoy!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Fantastic illustration of busting past mach 1 at 1:12 in the video.

Thanks for posting this.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Outstanding Wrabbit. I loved it every minute. Nothing like going for a ride outside the shuttle.

Anyone else get the moans and shrieks at about 4:30? I know what they are, just sound freaky...

new topics

join