It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President of NTE Union (IRS) visits Whitehouse - Day After Tea Party Audits Begin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Interesting timing to say the least.

One day before the Internal Revenue Service began its now-infamous hit job on Tea Party nonprofits, the leader of the labor union representing the agency’s employees — a vocally anti-Tea Party group — met with President Barack Obama at the White House.

IRS VISIT

Obama and the IRS: The Smoking Gun?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Obama is always meeting with these types of people.

If anything nefarious was going on he probably would have had the guy stay away, not invite him in.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hopechest, it was a she. I read the whole 8 pages. Speaks volumes to me.

I am independent and from where I stand and what I have read, Obama will not be able to blubber his way out of this. At least I hope not.

Corruption is corruption, doesn't matter the party. But we all knew this anyway.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Well it appears to have some momentum behind it so Obama may get nailed on it.

Depends how much damaging information comes out and how he plays it.

Remember that Reagan escaped the Iran-Contra affair in pretty decent shape.

By the way, there is no such thing as an independent, the only people who use that term are ones that are afraid to state their position.

Nobody is completely neutral on every single issue.
edit on 21-5-2013 by Hopechest because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

By the way, there is no such thing as an independent, the only people who use that term are ones that are afraid to state their position.

reply to post by Hopechest

Absolutely right Hopechest, I am neutral about many things, especially social issues but, I agree with some republican positions, some democratic positions and many libertarian positions. But, not completely with anything.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

Absolutely right Hopechest, I am neutral about many things, especially social issues but, I agree with some republican positions, some democratic positions and many libertarian positions. But, not completely with anything.

Not to go to far off topic here but yes you can share some opinions with both sides, I do myself. However, you have to lean one way or the other in terms of your overall ideology.

I vote for neither party exclusively but there is no doubt I am conservative. Sure I may share some issues with the liberals but overall that is my tendency.

I'm sure a thourough examination of your positions will easily put you in one column or the other.

With all due respect of course.

A good example of this would be Eisenhower. Did you know that both the democrats and republicans wanted him to be there nomination for President. Ike actually had to think about it and turned them both down for awhile but eventually went with the GOP.

However, if you watch his ads from that time, you will notice that he never, or very rarely, ever uses the term republican or GOP anywhere.

Watch and see.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Hello Hopechest,

And with all due respect, I do lean libertarian/republican, but I have also voted democrat, republican and libertarian. I don't think independent means completely neutral, just not an alignment with either party.

In politics, an independent or nonpartisan politician is an individual not affiliated to any political party. There are numerous reasons why someone may stand for office as an independent. Independents may hold a centrist viewpoint between those of major political parties. Sometimes they hold a viewpoint more extreme than any major party, or they may have a viewpoint based on issues that they do not feel that any major party addresses.

wikipedia

I think a centrist viewpoint says it all...and apparently that is what we, you and I, are. We don't let a party tell us how to think. Not part of the herd.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well, I heard about this a day ago on talk radio with Andy Dean. At first I thought this was an exciting revelation, and was going to post about it here. But when I got home and investigated it, I realized that the evidence was purely circumstantial and lacking. Plus, the IRS union leaders states that it was a large meeting in an auditorium. (Which is also where the log showed the meeting taking place. ) So unless someone can prove otherwise, this gun is not smoking. Sorry, OP. Hey I was hoping this would tie everything in also.

On March 31, 2010, NTEU president Colleen M. Kelley attended the White House Forum on Workplace Flexibility at the Old Executive Office Building,” an NTEU spokesperson wrote in an email. “The forum was attended by approximately 200 attendees including business leaders, workers, policy experts and labor representatives discussing telework and worklife balance issues. Attendees were broken into five groups to discuss workplace issues

IRS union denies ‘smoking gun’ meeting with Obama

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Well let's take a look at some of his visitors, shall we.

White House spokesman Eric Schultz told The Daily Beast, “This administration has adopted the strongest ethics policy in history, beginning on the [p]resident’s first day in office when he implemented unprecedented reforms to reduce the influence of the revolving door in Washington. In all instances, the administration takes steps as to avoid any conflicts of interest. Both past and present members of the administration have contributed to a successful record of compliance.”

I think this is an other Lie told by an Obama staffer, because,,,,

The White House logs suggest the president made an exception for union lobbyists.

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Lobbyists for the nation’s largest labor unions have had the run of the White House during its occupancy by a president who pledged from his first day in office to curb political influence.

What, we wondered, could the log tell us looking for the names of some of the heaviest hitters in President Obama’s orbit — his biggest donors, the Forbes 400 list of the wealthiest people in America, the leaders of the 10 largest labor unions in the country and their key lobbyists? We looked at nearly all of the 1,326 entries we found, 677 for billionaires, seven for top union officials and 49 for big-time donors. But the influence of unions on this White House might better be explained by the roughly 500 entries of names that track with the lobbying registrations for organized labor.

People like Oprah Winfrey, the media magnate and television star, Paul Allen, the billionaire co-founder of Microsoft, and George Kaiser, an Obama campaign bundler and mega-rich oil and gas man, come and go hundreds of times throughout this administration.

watchdog.org...
So you tell me, did Obama or didn't Obama met with the IRS Union Chief and what do you think they discussed?
The weather?

edit on 22-5-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Yeah but you have to prove it. But still, the targting was in the news over a year ago. So is Obama saying that he is less intelligent than the average American? That's a pretty strong statement to be making for the leader of a country. Maybe there really is no scandal involving Obama and he is just a lazy imbecile..

March 2, 2012

Obama’s IRS targets Tea Party

Today, Obama has an enemies list. The IRS is investigating conservative political groups including the Tea Party who oppose Obama’s agenda.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

So is Obama saying that he is less intelligent than the average American?

My friend, I think Obama is Sooooooooo Fulll of himself, he's sure no one would Ever, Ever Question his authority!!
He's Obama, He's Our Savior and Guiding Light,,, He's Above The law, in his own mind of-course.
He's been told for far to many years that he is Much To Important and Can Do No Wrong.

I truly believe Obama is Shocked people are questioning him.

He's not more intelligent than the average American, He is just Stuck On Himself.
What's that word I'm looking for,,,, he's a Narcissistic A$$,,, is that it?
edit on 22-5-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Baaaaaaaaaah, that's just a freak coincidence. He was probably there to have lunch with a low level staffer.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
There's already a couple posts on this. The timing definitely deserves some investigation.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

It's obviously not a big deal. I'm sure it's a total coincidence.

I mean if there was any shred of improper behavior to this thing it would be all over MSNBC, and clearly it isn't.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jjkenobi

It's obviously not a big deal. I'm sure it's a total coincidence.

I mean if there was any shred of improper behavior to this thing it would be all over MSNBC, and clearly it isn't.

You were being sarcastic, especially about MSNBC, right?

Oh and well I am here I guess I should correct the title of this thread. It was 2 days prior and not one day after. The meeting took place March 31, 2012 and the targeting started April 2, 2012.
edit on 23-5-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

join