It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9th graders' experiment with cress, attracts international attention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Researchers are extremely excited for a biology project made by five 9th grade girls.
They took 400 cress seeds and planted them in 12 separate boxes. For 12 days the cress seeds were all exposed to same amount of water and sun. But half of these were placed close to a transmitter that sends the same kind and volume of radiation that a cell phone does....

...the result was obvious. The cress seeds exposed to cell phone radiation didn't grow at all, and a significant amount of the seeds were either dead or had mutated.

I threw this picture together myself. They are taken from the article below.

Article - I'm sorry to say that the article is in danish. But the international science community has already shown great interest. So I would imagine that it is only a matter of time before the international press picks it up.

edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I've heard of similar experiments carried out before. Like the one with plants watered with water that has been in a microwave. But I have always found these things a bit suspected, cause they are usually carried out by people who obviously have a bias.

But in this case something that seemed rather harmless, has turned out to be completely groundbreaking. So I am a little excited and a bit chocked, all at the same time.

I imagine that the radiation could interfere with the cress ability to photosynthesis. Which would mean that it isn't necessarily harmful to humans. But I hope someone does a follow up experiment with flies or mice.

What do you think? - is what is bad for the cress bad for us as well, or what is up with this?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
So the moral of this story?

Don't put your cell phone where you grow your watercress.

Problem solved, next....

Seriously though I have no cell phone, and you can have no cell phone too.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Should be easy enough to replicate, if true.

But first of all, the google translate of the article I read showed no signs that the experiment was blind. It would be better if they had two transmitters ("routers" the translation said) and one was deactivated in such a way that nobody could tell.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Agreed. The experiment could still have been fixed, or at least the data could have been wrong in some other sense. They are after all only 9th graders.
I don't imagine the experiment was done as a blind test. I doubt they ever thought they would get any important or significant data out of this.

But I think it is worth looking further into.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hey,

I already posted this story 30 minutes before :
Cress Experiment attracts international attention (Effect of Wireless signals)

Namaste.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

You posted it on a different forum! That is allowed you know?

Thanks to Mads, this is quite interesting! Have you read "The Secret Life of Plants"? You should, I am sure that you would find it very interesting!

S&F

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

Dunno how long it has been since I posted this, maybe more than half an hour, did do a search first. Either way.. thank you for the heads up.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
If real well not good for us.

But who wants to grow watercress in his ears?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

join