It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bach to the Blues, Our Emotions Match Music to Colors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Bach to the Blues, Our Emotions Match Music to Colors
www.sciencedaily.com...

ay 16, 2013 — Whether we're listening to Bach or the blues, our brains are wired to make music-color connections depending on how the melodies make us feel, according to new research from the University of California, Berkeley. For instance, Mozart's jaunty Flute Concerto No. 1 in G major is most often associated with bright yellow and orange, whereas his dour Requiem in D minor is more likely to be linked to dark, bluish gray.

I say... the entire underlying premise behind these observations has ties with Synesthesia'tic learning(my own term lol). Not necessarily in terms that an individual actually is aware of these connections, but I guess 'subconsciously' they play a major role. That's the wrong word, but will have to due for now.

I would also attribute this to many other aspects of cognition and personality, including visual-spatial recognition, cognitive mapping, emotions while in particular 'rooms' or even terrains. There's much to take from this paradigm, in regards to all sorts of cognitive therapies, teaching methods, and appealing to the over all means in which we convert particular stimuli. There's a pattern to each of them that corresponds with another sensory input, which in return influences brain chemistry... in the end, becoming one of the strongest tools for improving methods of teaching.

There's a reason all the great philosophers were obsessed with spectrum's, rainbows, geometry, and music... It's because those who excelled in all, were then able pattern these understandings into their comprehensions of new things, ability to increase abstract thought, and devise such wondrous philosophies, religions and everything in between or outside.

Granted this is just music, but similar traits are found in geometry with language, emotions with colors(empathy), color with taste... and so forth.

Just a theory....

Here's some other interesting stuff:

Synesthesia (also spelled synæsthesia or synaesthesia, plural synesthesiæ or synæsthesiæ), from the ancient Greek σύν (syn), "together," and αἴσθησις (aisthēsis), "sensation," is a neurological condition in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway.

en.wikipedia.org...

There's also then....

Learning and Memory May Play a Central Role in Synesthesia: Link to Childhood Toys Containing Magnetic Colored Letters
www.sciencedaily.com...

Synesthesia May Explain Healers Claims of Seeing People's 'Aura'
www.sciencedaily.com...

BTW:

If you don't believe me, just listen to this kid @ 3:32

join