It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warp drive, just a matter of time?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Every great scientific achievement once was born from fantasy I think..

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Dr White posted his power point slides for this year's 100 yr space ship meeting

I am not going to pretend like i understand it but it doesn't seem to talk at all about the shifting mechanism between normal space and warp space. Exotic Matter is needed? I bet a dollar we are currently receiving communications from aliens at warp speed and we just don't know how to perceive it at our speed. In baseball the catcher stands ready for a pitch, we need to be catchers.

ntrs.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Just wanted to add that me and Arbitrageur were looking at the Math for faster than light speed travel. We need negative energy densities to make it happen. You can follow along here-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
reply to post by justwokeup

Every great scientific achievement once was born from fantasy I think..

Right, like, for example, I'm pretty sure that writing down a theory of quantum gravity on AdS_5 x S^5 and then taking the long-distance limit to get a description in terms of supergravity, and then using a correspondence of operators on the boundary of the theory with an N=4 SYM quantum field theory was in that episode of Star Trek where they took out Spock's brain.

But really, the "warp drive" ideas are nonsense, they are mathematically inconsistent and are all based on the "scientists" involved not understanding basic Relativity properly. They all violate Special Relativity. If you imagine "zooming out" from the supposed warp space ship, you will be looking at a region of space that is flat all around except at the space ship. But the flat regions still must satisfy ordinary Special Relativity--there is no means by which a faster than light signal (including the warp space ship) can affect them.
edit on 30-6-2013 by Moduli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Burn that Duj.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I want the holodeck and a transporter!

Holodeck....sure. Can you imagine the abuse though?

Transporter.....Hell no! You do realize that in order for this to function, you'd have to be ATOMIZED into pure energy right, then reassembled? So basically, you're being killed each time you use it (praying that they can put you together again). I'm with Bones on this one.

Personally, I feel that some kind of space drive is the ONE invention keeping us back. This ONE innovation would completely revolutionize the species. Why? Unlimited resources. Every conflict in history has ALWAYS been about control of resources. With all of space open to us, resources are nearly infinite.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1

I wonder if this Time travel article also fits into place?

What's going on are they so close to it?

Peace

Interesting. Any way of getting this Mr White to talk to me?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You're talking warp drive as in superluminal speeds? ....Yes, since it already has probably been achieved by the otherworlders that occasionally visit our planet; in interstellar capable starships.

The point being...that the main fuel for such interstellar journey's, would have to entail the use of starlight photons, because, save for places that lack starlight --- such as dark matter scattered throughout galaxy's and atmospheric planets that lack starlight --- photons would be the only unlimited source of fuel for an interstellar capable starship.

Such a starship would require a photon engine that attracts photons with an extreme magnetic gravitational pull, and ejects them with tremendous thrust --- similar to a black hole that ejects photons at it's poles --- at or near the speed of light.

With that said...the only substance that would be suitable to be the heart of the photon engine --- would be a fragment of a black hole [probably taken from a mini-black hole that is close to it's evaporation stage, buy an antimatter explosion, transferred by a tractor beam to an isolated asteroid, pulverized, refined and mixed into the bottom ceramic concave plate on the saucer's hull] thusly being the photon engine of the saucer itself.

The saucer should be equipped with a photon receptor --- that funnels the starlight photons into the photon engine ----with the remaining photons being ejected out of the magnetic poles of the engine, with stationary top and bottom thrusters, along with rotating thrusters that have open door/close door technology. This can explain instant stops and starts, 90 degree turns, etc, etc.

The starship easily gets up to the speed of light, by the tremendous thrust of the photon engine --- increasing speed exponentially squared --- till the starship transcends into the superluminal realm [faster than light speeds].

Any places that lack starlight photon fuel...could be supplemented with the use of the storage of seawater onboard the starship, thusly creating a fuel for the photon engine ---- when the seawater is injected into the two outboard magnetic fields of the starship --- with one field compressing the seawater against the other, until the fusion reaction occurs for the plasma photons, that not only feed the photon engine; but can be used for offensive and defensive OP's.

edit on 11-7-2013 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Lol , a lot of gobbledygooky jargon there mate.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
reply to post by Erno86

Lol , a lot of gobbledygooky jargon there mate.

I'm surprised at your verbal reaction...thought I'd be giving you some tips on your theory's of anti-gravity and starship/UFO propulsion; yet you do not seem to fully grasp my speculative theory's on the engineering functions of interstellar capable starships.

My own theory's on starship propulsion, are mainly based on my own eyewitness observation of an alien foofighter sighting back one night, in November of 1976; approx. 40 miles west of Washington D.C.

Oh well...I must move on to better things...since alas, I have only one life too live.

Plasmas are electrically conducting. The plasma between the two outboard magnetic fields of the starship, will be affected by the magnetic field of the anti-grav capable photon engine --- that will cause the plasma currents to swirl in different directions --- thus inducing an electric current in the plasma, with it's own magnetic field; "which will work against which the internal field acts."

Since the hull of the starship that faces the magnetic shield that holds the plasma, "does not have to withstand large mechanical loads due to anti-gravity, so neutron damage is much less of an issue."

The starship's two outer magnetic shields holding the plasma, should conceivably have an associated "vacuum system" between the inner magnetic shield and the starship, "maintaining and absorbing the thermal radiation coming from the plasma."

edit on 12-7-2013 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 12-7-2013 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by g146541

I want the holodeck and a transporter!

Holodeck....sure. Can you imagine the abuse though?

Transporter.....Hell no! You do realize that in order for this to function, you'd have to be ATOMIZED into pure energy right, then reassembled? So basically, you're being killed each time you use it (praying that they can put you together again). I'm with Bones on this one.

Personally, I feel that some kind of space drive is the ONE invention keeping us back. This ONE innovation would completely revolutionize the species. Why? Unlimited resources. Every conflict in history has ALWAYS been about control of resources. With all of space open to us, resources are nearly infinite.

Transporter:
With you on that one! I've always figured that what appeared at the transport destination would be a copy of you; like a blank that looks exactly like you, and the real you would be gone.

Warp Drive:
I like your theory, but if there are as many intelligent species out there as it's beginning to look like there could be, we would probably just be fighting with them over resources.

Either way, it's awesome to be seeing the first real research into warp drive. ENGAGE!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Thanks for your effort mate, but your earlier post was garbled up engineering wise as is this one.
Though,as much as I would like, I am yet to see any ufo;s physically..
Bottom line is that, a photon engine that pushes out photons to derive its thrust would not get us far to any distance of consequence in this seemingly limitless space

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Erno86

Thanks for your effort mate, but your earlier post was garbled up engineering wise as is this one.
Bottom line is that, a photon engine that pushes out photons to derive its thrust would not get us far to any distance of consequence in this seemingly limitless space

But according to Michio Kaku: you can turn on a flashlight and the lighted photons will have a thrust coming out of the flashlight. Certain black holes, at their poles, thrust out photons near the speed of light. What about the solar winds? You can design a solar sail for outer space travel that utilizes solar winds [solar pressure].

Why do otherworlder starship sightings tend to be lighted at nighttime? It seems to me...that it serves as some kind of propulsion purpose; other than offensive or defensive OP's

IMO...the use of ejected photons as thrust, is the only way a starship can get up to the speed of light and beyond, when the starship increases speed, exponentially squared, into the superluminal realm.

I'm talking about a starship that almost works on the same principle as an actual black hole --- only this starship is a free bird --- that can move according to the amount of photons that get sucked into the photon engine and ejected with tremendous thrust. It's the same process that actually occurs in some black holes, but the starship is light enough to become a flying object.

Simple as that. It has to be a simple explanation --- as to how these otherworlder starships travel to our planet --- don't you think? I mean...after all, they do arrive here in starships, that can only be explained with the use of a faster than light starship.

I appreciate that you at least challenge some of my starship engineering explanations in my post's; but I feel that I'm on the right track in relation to space alien starship propulsion.

Cheers,

Erno
edit on 13-7-2013 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 13-7-2013 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 13-7-2013 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Thanks for your post.
There may be more than one way of propulsion to these starships.
My way of super luminal speeds is to gobble up time, instead of distance,
though this way the navigation poses a problem.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
AR,

I believe that time is not going to be significantly effected onboard a starship that is traveling at superluminal speeds over many parsecs. By far...the starship would be no time machine. A starship pilot might age a few days shorter than one that would be living on his home planet, but who's going to measure that?

A superluminal capable starship, should have a proper navigational computer --- with the correct coordinates --- too keep it from flying into a super nova, or say... a group of close-knit asteroids. Any outer magnetic shield of the starship, should be quite capable of deflecting any micro-meteoroids, on up to any sizeable meteor's, or any other similar sized objects --- during sub-light or at superluminal speeds.
edit on 14-7-2013 by Erno86 because: grammar

edit on 14-7-2013 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
It somewhat amazes me that the people who get to poke and prod at the universe on a professional basis, can fail at the first hurdle in this manner.

The slightest movement of the Earth, whose movement in total is never slight, rather, gargantuan, and at ridiculous speed, will cause the result to be skewed, or inconclusive. Therefore the experiment itself ought not be undertaken on the planet at all, but in space, where the tectonic motion of the Earths crust cannot sully the results.

No doubt some witty, barely functional moron will point out, that to put the equipment necessary to create the circumstances required to create such a "warp bubble" in space, would cost a fortune. Indeed. Well deduced future moron! A free cookie and a ticket to watch the filming of a witless daytime television program are yours!

Right, now that the future dullard has gone to gorge his empty skull on the poison which first evicted his wits, I can point out that the future of mankind depends on our ability to investigate and travel amongst the stars. Much of the resource wars that are fought now, and those which have been fought historically, are based on lies, but there will come a time in the relatively near future (on a cosmological scale that is) where perhaps our resources WILL become so thin on the ground, that we consume ourselves in fire and anguish. With a whimper, caused by a bang perhaps. Chicken, egg.

For this, and a thousand other equally interesting reasons, the cost to the present, of building the future is relatively small, in comparison to the cost to our entire civilisation, our very species, of not forging ahead, and doing all in our power to support that effort.

I doubt there are any NASA types cluttering the boards right now, but just in case:

Build the bloody thing in space, and stop messing about on the edges of the issue. The future of the species depends upon it.
edit on 15-5-2013 by TrueBrit because: Grammar error correction.

look this is just a waste of time and money.these people should be doing some useful work like stopping global warning and reducing carbon footprints
.all this nonsense about worp bbubbles is fantasy and costing much needed money which could be better spend on housing homerlss people and improving rehab for drug addicts or providing free needles with methodone to stpop aids being spread.

we got the resources cos we got the nukes and tanks.50000 tanks parked in the desert raring to go to our next
enemey iran.wer have might and might makes right cos we are the leaders of the free world and we dominate the wurld.

THE WAR ON TERROR IS THE MOST IMPORTANT WAR AND WE MUST RAISE TAXES TO PUT EVEN MORE MONEY INTO FIGHTING TERROR.

a separate anti-terror tax to fight terror and win the war on terror.

i am sick and tired people wasting precious resources on stupod space projects and other wishy washy scool boy fantasies.

no wonder geeks/nerds don't get laid.

edit on 14-7-2013 by beckybecky because: PSTRIOTISDM

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

But I tend to think that, the alien starships are essentially time machines and the aliens
have worked out the navigational bugs, as they don't seem to end up in the center of a star / and or supernova, or inadvertently pull such entities into their world.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by beckybecky

look this is just a waste of time and money.these people should be doing some useful work like stopping global warning and reducing carbon footprints
.all this nonsense about worp bbubbles is fantasy and costing much needed money which could be better spend on housing homerlss people and improving rehab for drug addicts or providing free needles with methodone to stpop aids being spread.

I really hope this is some obscure form of sarcasm.

we got the resources cos we got the nukes and tanks.50000 tanks parked in the desert raring to go to our next
enemey iran.wer have might and might makes right cos we are the leaders of the free world and we dominate the wurld.

I am still really hoping this is sarcasm. I mean... what?

THE WAR ON TERROR IS THE MOST IMPORTANT WAR AND WE MUST RAISE TAXES TO PUT EVEN MORE MONEY INTO FIGHTING TERROR.

a separate anti-terror tax to fight terror and win the war on terror.

i am sick and tired people wasting precious resources on stupod space projects and other wishy washy scool boy fantasies.

no wonder geeks/nerds don't get laid.

edit on 14-7-2013 by beckybecky because: PSTRIOTISDM

I am a geek and a nerd, and I can tell you that understanding frequency and wavelength mean that I get enough. I cannot speak for others of that ilk.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Erno86

May I suggest that you Google: Black Hole Starships

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86

May I suggest that you Google: Black Hole Starships

Thanks I'll chk it out and come back, though I do not subscribe to Michio Kaku's
idea of using blackholes as means of any kind of travel, except in wild
imaginations

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join