It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sylvia Brown told Amanda Berry and Shawn Hornbeck's parents they were dead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythos13

Magic 8 ball is this a good idea? Very Doubtful

It would probably prove to be as accurate as anything Sylvia says..

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap
She's been banned from Coast To Coast AM since 2006.

That's gotta say something.

edit on 15-5-2013 by Junkheap because: The reason is... look behind you.

Ha! Really?

How far off the charts must you push the BS meter to be banned from Coast to Coast AM?????????

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Junkheap

Really??
I didn't know that!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
oh my just saw this

Psychic Sylvia Browne speaks out on Amanda Berry death mistake

www.examiner.com...

For more than 50 years as a spiritual psychic and guide, when called upon to either help authorities with missing person cases or to help families with questions about their loved ones, I have been more right than wrong. If ever there was a time to be grateful and relieved for being mistaken, this is that time. Only God is right all the time. My heart goes out to Amanda Berry, her family, the other victims and their families. I wish you a peaceful recovery.” – Sylvia Browne

Again what a joke

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Well, that much is true, you can't be right all of the time.

Very bad cases to be wrong with though.

In 1992, Sylvia Browne was convicted of investment fraud and grand theft. Her claims and predictions have caused numerous controversies and reports of her failed predictions have appeared in several newspapers.

Taken from your source....

Could be why I never read any of the books.
I did not know this either, but then I don't pay much attention.

edit on 15-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: *slaps fingers and demands they behave*

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by goou111

Well I think you can if you were psychic...otherwise you are just guessing like anyone else

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

the really sad thing is that because of SB the girls mother died believing her daughter was dead.

My wife use to watch Montel every Wednesday, because those were Silvia days, she most likely saw the episode with Berry's mother.

I was banned by my wife from watching with her, because every time SB opened her mouth, my BS detector went off.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

reply to post by goou111

Well I think you can if you were psychic...otherwise you are just guessing like anyone else

Well, being someone who has experienced ESP multiple times, and has spent several years doing spiritual growth for myself,and readings for others, I can tell you that no one is 100% all of the time.

80-90% is about what you will get with a good psychic.

People have a misconception on what being psychic is, however, if you are going to put your neck out on the line like she did, you better be damn sure you are in tune that day. Honestly, a while back, I saw her several times on Montel, and I couldn't get past looking at her nails...lol

I am in no way trying to defend her,only stating what a psychic knows...

80 to 90%
edit on 15-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I had this discussion with a co worker of mine yesterday.

Sylvia Brown is a very good psychic, but no one can be right all of the time.
I think sometimes psychics feel pressured to say something even when they get nothing, and that creates problems like this.

However, that is just my own guess.

Being wrong is one thing. Saying you are hearing from someone who is dead when that person is not dead is lying. I had a reading from John Edwards before he was a TV personality and he told me some things about my grandmother and said she is with her sister Mary. Well as far as I knew she had only one sister and that was Aunt Betty so no Mary's in the family. I was speaking with my mothers sister and she told me that my grandmothers sisters name was Mary Elizabeth but that she didnt like Mary so went by Betty. LOL. I never knew this so I have him points for it.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Sylvia Browne is an idiot -- I read her book on heaven, and she thinks that the gates of heaven are in Southern California.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Sylvia brown is the Alex Jones of psychics. She has reduced herself to a worthless self promoting hack. She sold out a long long time ago.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560

I had this discussion with a co worker of mine yesterday.

Sylvia Brown is a very good psychic, but no one can be right all of the time.
I think sometimes psychics feel pressured to say something even when they get nothing, and that creates problems like this.

However, that is just my own guess.

Being wrong is one thing. Saying you are hearing from someone who is dead when that person is not dead is lying. I had a reading from John Edwards before he was a TV personality and he told me some things about my grandmother and said she is with her sister Mary. Well as far as I knew she had only one sister and that was Aunt Betty so no Mary's in the family. I was speaking with my mothers sister and she told me that my grandmothers sisters name was Mary Elizabeth but that she didnt like Mary so went by Betty. LOL. I never knew this so I have him points for it.

John Edward bugs me just cause he goes so fast that people don't seem to get the closure.
We all have our favs though, and every one of them will have youtube videos out there saying they are bunk, even if we know they arn't.

Being wrong is one thing. Saying you are hearing from someone who is dead when that person is not dead is lying

Yes it is, so did she lie? Or see something wrong? I guess that is the question.

edit on 15-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I just don't want this to turn into a hater thread, ya know?

Some of us really are trying to understand psychic abilities and how they work, because THEY DO work.
Every so many years something happens that smacks down the psychic community. Last time was Ms Cleo

It sucks.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Of course she would use the excuse that she's not right all the time. How convenient for a psychic.

How I thought she would have answered:

Reporter: Mrs. Brown, years ago you made a prediction that Amanda Berry was already dead.

Sylvia Brown: Amanda Berry? I thought she said 'A man named Larry'.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I am on the fence with Sylvia...

I have read some of her ealier books, back in the 70's-80's. I believe she did have "some" insight of another dimension(s). That was back before the days of the TV psychics, like John Edwards & the more recent Sylvia B..

I, myself, have experienced situations similar to hers in my early days. But...in no way do I believe that one can freely contact, or have certain knowledge of someone's loved one that has passed, by merely having a conversation with them, or picking them out of an audience.

However, once a person with some psychic abilities become well known, there is a point when one will believe in anything that this so called psychic is saying. (Shame on them.... they have the ability of thier own to connect with the spirits around them). And to the psychic, the money comes easy by predicting very predictable outcomes.Would you, if you could? The odds are, you will never deal with repercussion of a faulty reading. And there is no blame in the unproven.

It's all about easy money.......

Listen to your own gut. Not what someone that doesn't know you from the pimple on thier own azz....

As it is..... she is an old woman now. She could pass tomorrow, & die a rich woman. Thanks to those that were gullible enough to spend big bucks for someone else to do thier own introspect. Shame on them.

Just my thoughts.

edit on 15-5-2013 by MoonSage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Maybe that is what they needed to hear at the time from a psychic. They are alive so something went right along the way.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

This is something I believe.

Sometimes there is no information because it simply would effect something BIGGER that is meant to come out of it.

Perhaps these cases were just not meant to be for her. Good lesson though on how not to give into pressure.
Honestly, I think personally, that is what happened.
She felt like she needed to say something.

Disappointing.

edit on 16-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join