It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Border Patrol Detains people at non-border checkpoint

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Know your rights in regards to any non-border Border Patrol checkpoints within the U.S.

Video description: A U.S. citizen traveling well within the U.S. border is stopped at a U.S. Border Patrol checkpoint and questioned. He then exercises his rights as a U.S. citizen under the Constitution of the United States of America...as it currently stands that is.

As this guy states towards the end of the video, don't be afraid to stick your neck out a little in regards to your Constitutional Rights.

He did just that and as you'll see in the video this turned out very well...in this particular case. The moral to this story as I interpreted it...Know your rights!....period.

ETA: Thanks to Wifibrains for the post below, here, is posted a great collection of rights being stood up for as well.

Standing up against/questioning supposed authority....many examples.
edit on 5/14/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/5/13 by masqua because: Edit per author request

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
And in your own home - without a warrent - they kick down your door and tazer occupant.

So this is the USA Land of the Free OMG

This is what happens when you stick your neck out a little!

edit on 14-5-2013 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

I saw this video earlier...and in this particular case I have a difference of opinion. From what I read this was a Domestic Violence call/report (based on what the officers are saying).

Domestic Violence adds a whole different spectrum to an individual's rights. Responding officers in these cases usually have very little to go on from a dispatch point of view.

Despite the occupants in the home barking "rights this and rights that", the officers have no idea what is occurring within the home and in this instance do not require a warrant. The probable cause in this case is a report of domestic violence.

I for one, would prefer to know the back story of why the officers were called to this residence. You can't rely on the Constitution to save you if you are (or are suspected based on probable cause) of violating established laws.

This particular case there was a potential threat to human life (as with any report of Domestic Violence, these are top priority calls)...many rights go out the door until the threat level is identified, but in order to do that the scene has to be controlled and all parties present usually detained, by force if necessary.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
They never say Where they are in the US. They do have all the info they want without him giving them his ID. They have video of the car, make and model color license plate video of people in the car.. they probably have tons more info now than they would have had with just his ID. He says White Sands, but where exactly.. should be able to see these checkpoints in Google Earth.

Now it Is interesting that they speak like they have been through many of these checkpoints. It shows the magnatude of this problem many i'm sure were not aware of. Perhaps they are looking for illegals that use the highways.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This is the kind of law and order you are gonna get........if you dont fight back!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

" Domestic Violence call/report (based on what the officers are saying). "

They would say that wouldn't they - just didn't sound like a case of DV listening to the occupants??????

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

" Domestic Violence call/report (based on what the officers are saying). "

They would say that wouldn't they - just didn't sound like a case of DV listening to the occupants??????

Well it is indeed purely speculation on my part...

The video that you posted...imho...is the epitome of why one should learn their rights through and through and when you can and cannot fallback on them in a given situation. In the case of the warrant-less entry and taser-ing, this group would have been much better off cooperating I would wager.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Although I agree that citizens need to know their rights, I had to go through a bunch of these ridiculous checkpoints far inland from the Mexican border when I drove from Texas to California and back. The worst ones were in New Mexico.

Basically, it is a permanent checkpoint crawling with armed guys with rude attitudes. You drive up and stop, and somebody with a freaking accent asks you if you are a citizen of the United States.

On my way back, there was an elderly driver in front of me who was confused as to what was happening, so he slowed down but didn't stop and didn't roll down his windows. The guards screamed "STOP!!" and they drew their weapons and ran after the car, ready to shoot. The poor elderly driver stopped suddenly and was terrified, seeing guns in his face.

I never would have believed I was in the United States, and this is considered business as usual.

The illegals waltz over the border with no sweat, and people driving on the main highways are hassled with questions of citizenship as they are being looked over by jerks in aviator sunglasses and armed to the freaking teeth.

I was disgusted and shocked. This is not keeping us safe. This is pure harassment.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hi uber'

Great stuff, why ask "are you a us citizen?" do they pull over anyone who says they are, but look like they are not.

I created this thread a couple of days ago, one of the videos within the thread was on check points. The other vids in the thread may interest you also.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

SnF

edit on 14-5-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
These are marked on Google Earth. I found one on I-70.

_javascript:window.parent.location.href=%22plus.google.com... wCA%22
edit on 14-5-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Thanks, and I took the liberty of adding a link to your thread in the OP, S&F returned in your thread, great collection of rights being stood up for.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Get up, stand up.... Stand up for your rights!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

This must fall within the “constitution free zone”

ACLU

Yes, its another example of the growing police state. I love seeing videos of Americans who know how to exercise their constitutional rights at checkpoints...very entertaining!

S&F

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It is funny that the same people who claim to "know their rights" still vote in the fake elections. They think that is a right too when it is actually at this poiint just another system of pacification and control.

So the sheeple get to run around in the cage instead of being shackled to the treadmill. Big whoop.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Ha! Awesome...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Lucky YOU!

I live near Dallas!

That whole thing is ridiculous. Do you think the constitution permits any "constitution-free zones"? I think NOT!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Right...it'd be pretty difficult to deny 197.4 million people from their Constitutional rights based on residing in the orange section. A vast majority being coastline likely with property owned by those that are also likely pretty well off and are above the law anyway lol.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

It would make more sense if it were reversed, huh? All the rich flock to the beach property (they're the only ones who can afford it...by design).

Maybe we're reading it wrong and you're in the safe zone!!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yep, thats correct. They can do what they want within 25 radial miles from any US border. Searches, traffic...you name it. 25 miles.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
First, the post w/video after the OP should be removed by the mods. It does not belong on this thread.

Second, My wife and I traveling in south Texas in 1977 was stopped by one of those "border" check points as we were vacationing. Actually, we stopped about a mile shy of the checkpoint to check our map. Very soon an officer came along and asked some civil questions. We gave him civil answers. We went on our way.

Police check points are not unusual in some states and they have been going on at least ever since states passed their seatbelt laws back in the early 1960s. Indiana for one had road blocks to check for bad tires and mufflers back about that time. (They drew a lot of flack and maybe were discontinued for that reason.)

Yet abuses of power do occur. Two friends and I were going into Mexico four years ago and as we crossed the US checkpoint, the officer asked how much cash we had. My friend, an American, non-Hispanic but long-time Mexico resident said, "Less than $10,000." The officer insisted on how much, my friend said that we only needed to declare anything over 10k and we didn't have that much. Without a further word, we were waved over for a full inspection of the car including a dog sniffing. We lost about an hour by refusing to be intimidated by what was an unlawful "order." Such as it is.

I maintain that we all, men and women should stuff plump sausages into our underwear as we undergo DHS pat downs at airports. --But then, you'll probably miss your flight!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join