It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone mysteriously targeted by the IRS here? I was.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Before this current IRS scandal broke in the Obama administration--and beginning several years ago, the IRS began to audit me year after year.

Since I am anything but a big player in the world of finance and have very little to offer this country in way of taxes compared to most individuals, I found these audits very disconcerting.

I asked my husband years ago if he thought my outspoken views on the Obama administration and through a weekly column that I write (conservative) for a mid-size newspaper had anything to do with the audits. It also started after I attended several public Tea Party demonstrations in my area.

I thought I was being paranoid, but now I'm not so sure.

Never was I accused of any sort of tax evasion, nor were my refunds ever denied. I just had to go through a lot of unnecessary paperwork every year---including the present year, too. Almost to the point of ridiculousness.

I have read that other media reporters and anchors have had the same complaint---something I didn't know until today.

I know I am no big prize, and many will accuse me of being paranoid or self-impressed. I surely do not mean to convey that, but I must say that when this all started it crossed my mind that the IRS had some sort of underlying reason for choosing me each year, and every year, once I began being vocal about my views.

At the very least, we should all be concerned that it even crossed my mind four years ago that this could be a possibility. We so live under a system now that is every bit punishing and intolerant of non-liberal viewpoints and protective of the current administration.

To think that I would even consider this when the audits started should be alarming to all of us.

Whether it is true or not, I will never know.

It is well known that reporters who dare to ask the tough questions of Obama are treated with disdain by both the President and his staff when the interview is over. Conservative anchor Larry Connors was targeted by the IRS immediately after an interview with Obama where he asked hard questions. He had been warned that this would happen with the IRS, and yet, he was still shocked when it did. It's like the gestapo, for god sakes.

I am glad this is out in the open now.

It is disgraceful, but so indicative of the pure egoism and control of this administration.

It isn't just unbelievably unethical, it is downright frightening.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think the column you write for the newspaper has more of a chance of causing audits than posting here on ATS myself. The combination may accentuate the audits though.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Tea Party demonstrations in my area

Was the Tea any good? I like mine sweet.... w/ Honey~

This is why it's better to stay under the Radar.... Small *blip* on the map.... You make a fool of a leader.... And they will make a fool outta you... Or try to... Some say the "Mob" is no more.... I say they changed there game and are alive and well.... They just changed how they play there "Game"

SnF... I was only joking about the Tea Party comment..... It made me laugh

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Wow...that is just too much coincidence OP.

Is your column online also? would like to read it.

Just so you know Obama had nothing to do with it.....he is outraged....he said so on TV.
/sarc

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Have you had any tax issues in the past?

Forget to file, file late, penalties/fines for not paying enough, etc.?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I was. Heavily targeted at that. Was on phone with them for 4 straight days working out their mistakes and finally came to an understanding that THEY had actually made the mistakes. While I happened to have a really great rep from them on the phone, the experience definitely left a sour taste in my mouth. This was the first year this happened to me.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberalAlert

No, no tax issues in the past. The funny thing is that I am really small potatoes comparatively and I could see no good reason to be targeted so faithfully year after year after year.

I don't think I will link my column.

I'd like to be anonymous here.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
reply to post by LiberalAlert

No, no tax issues in the past. The funny thing is that I am really small potatoes comparatively and I could see no good reason to be targeted so faithfully year after year after year.

I don't think I will link my column.

I'd like to be anonymous here.

It's the small potatoes that add up into large dollar amounts. If millions are taking a deduction that they aren't supposed to...it is easier for the IRS to focus on that one deduction and target everyone who uses it.

There are other red flags for audits, if you really think hard about it I bet you could think of something that would flag them.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

You said you attended several Tea Party functions. I recently read a thread about the IRS targeting Conservative and Tea Party groups. Maybe the combination of writing a conservative column and attending Tea Party demonstrations put you on their radar!

IRS: We Targeted Conservative, Tea Party Groups With Extra Scrutiny — 'Mistakes Were Made',

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss

I asked my husband years ago if he thought my outspoken views on the Obama administration and through a weekly column that I write (conservative) for a mid-size newspaper had anything to do with the audits. It also started after I attended several public Tea Party demonstrations in my area.

... it crossed my mind that the IRS had some sort of underlying reason for choosing me each year, and every year, once I began being vocal about my views.

I think that the information in the above 2 statements of yours...are the reasons for your yearly audits.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

One somewhat usefull trick is to reduce your with holdings to the point where they either owe you a very minimal refund or are trying to force you to pay a minor tax bill come April. Their game loses a lot of steam if they don't have that refund on a stick to dangle in front of you. In fact, you can be downright rude in your dealings with them and they are essentially forced to swallow it down and say very little. You also are entitled to demand a concrete reason why your return was selected for an audit and, if there is no reason other than "randomness", you have a right to file a complaint over the fact that you seem to be randomly selected more often than is acceptable.

Also, be infinitely carefull over anything you sign. The IRS cannot jail you and will even have a more difficult effort of stealing your property or wages UNLESS you have broken the law by misrepresenting/decieving/perjuring yourself in your documents. Simply having them claim that they haven't stolen enough from you and you need to present your wallet to them for more of their blood money is a civil matter, not a criminal act.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The political dialectic is a phony control mechanism.

But the fact is that there are a lot of petty, mean spirited sheeple on both sides. It shoudl come as no surprise when the group of sheep on the left begin to make prey out of the sheep on the right and visa versa. People who are so strongly invested in their political religion are prized by the elite. They are like glue for the whole house of cards.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Just wait till they get a hold of your medical records under Obamacare...no medical treatment until you pay those taxes.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This website would NOT be my location on the internet to voice my contention the IRS has singled me out for voicing my opinion against ANY form of government or political party opposition..
JUST because they got busted for using the IRS for political gain against the A.P.(Associated press) and any political group opposed to Democrats, doesn't mean they have to stop harassing citizens who disagree with their business model or platform.
You just have to be(In Elmer Fudd voice) wery wery careful now.
I think the I.R.S. is a great institution for collecting dollars owed by U.S. Citizens for the right to live here.
Never mind we pay at the pump and register every time we pull a dollar from our pocket.
I think we should pay MORE.
And they're here to see we do. www.factcheck.org...
Those are GRATEFUL new IRS agents hired to enforce the law.....
They get paid to enforce the law.
Never mind who's law. They get paid.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

You know,..... I can't tell if this is related, but my parents also joined the Tea Party movement and went to a couple of meetings. They've had IRS audits for the last 4 years,... completely relentless and bordering on harassment. Even the EDD joined in, trying to get money out of them by scaring them with threatening letters. I don't know how my parents aren't in the mad-house right now, having been through what they've been through. They nearly drove me insane as I listened to what seemed to be weekly cries of desperation. It's still not over, but now I hear about it less because they've just sort of learned to live with it like it was a normal thing. When the IRS did the first audit, the lady who audited them told them straight out she didn't see anything wrong with the paperwork and said she'd recommend to her boss to drop the audit. Her boss decided that this wouldn't be the case and had them audited for the next year. My parents gave them all the paperwork and they somehow "lost" that paperwork and blamed my parents saying they had never turned it in. At first we thought the audit might have started with a shady person they knew who had a grudge and might have accused them of wrongdoing,.... but now that this story is out and knowing my parents joined the Tea Party some years ago,... I'm starting to wonder if this continuous IRS harassment has anything to do with the story.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I can say they track your money to the cent.
I sold a second house in the early 90's and ended up owing the "irs" 5k and made a monthly deal -- but when I put more money into my checking account ( very small windfall) they reached in and took it - no permission asked.

checkout IRS-gate

the IRS is a thug agency started after 12/21/1913 when the unfederal reserve was given over to gold collar criminals.

edit on 15-5-2013 by jibajaba because: (no reason given)

top topics

join