It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-16 activity high at night in NW Ohio...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I just posted in the ATSNN article about the F-16 that fired on the school in NJ, it reminded me of something that I really took notice on last night and a couple of nights ago..

Maybe this is nothing, but... I have noticed that over the past month or so, there has been a lot of F-16 activity taking place at night here in NW Ohio. I live close to an Air National Guard base....

It's not unusual to see the F-16's come and go, but recently, they've been landing in large numbers... 5-7 jets all at night around the same time, It's always just before 10pm.

Maybe it's routine training, but it got me to thinking, an F-16 training mission at night in NJ.... I've noticed it here in NW Ohio... hmm

anyone else around the country seeing anything ?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I flew to Tampa last week from Jax and there were 4 F-16s idling on the Tarmac ready to rumble right next to where my plane was taxiing.

I have never seen that before.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
All i know is that the military has no darn clue as to who fired on the school. The pilot when radio silent and before they knew what had happened they lost track of him.

Aye someone said they saw a lot of F-15's over NJ, which I thought was just a transport, but than again what random trainee fires on a school?

I mean even military personel arn't that thick. Anyone have any other info than that? Can't seem to find anything atm, guess its pretty hush hush (details atleast) so that people like us don't start coming up with conspiracy theorys too quick

I'll throw an idea out -

1) Trainee Pilot was too stupid to use the aircraft correctly, flew off course, didn't know how to use its equipment, and thought that the school was the firing range, and than realised it was a school after he had strafed it, than ran for the hills to avoid courtmarshal. (Than again all trainee's are given a month atleast of interement and grounded training in the simulator and cockpit before they go up and they know what their doing usualy before their aloud to go to the firing range) SO #2

2) Pilot went AWOL in a training run and fired on school. However thats too simple, and no pilot will go AWOL and fire on a school that close to a military base. So leaves us with a third option.

3) So hush hush training exercise or operation was taking place and some how a pilot managed to fire on a school opposed to fire at its correct target. They could have also been testing KE weapons as talked about in the Liquid Metal thread, in which case he could have fired from a much farther distance at a target and than managed to hit the school... but that seems highly unlikely to me.

Anyway, since 9/11 I've seen a quite a few military aircraft landing and departing from airports, usually there to refuel while they patrol.

its possible that the military activity has increased recently due to that last terror threat or something. Would make sense since its the election week and all.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Zenic]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Zen...

thanks for the input... good info and thoughts, however I wasn't trying to start another thread about the accident in NJ involving the F-16, just other unusual fighter jet activity in the US.

You should add those comments and thoughts to the existing ATSNN article..

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Will do... just thought its interesting that all within the same 2 days a Military Fighter fires on a school and someone see's a bunch over NJ.

As for Ohio f-16 activity... My friend lives over there, called him. He like 15 miles from that huge military research contractor. He said he's been hearing an unusual amount of aircraft and has seen a lot of them lately as well.

I'm over here in Washington and have family that works at McChord AFB, and they've told me that recently there has been a lot more activity, but thats all I'm told. I drove by on my way to seattle a few days back and did see a lot more air traffic in the way of Attack jets that usual.

So I guess thats 4 or 5 Instances that we've seen more airtraffic than normal recently

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Hey:

I live in San Juan , Puerto Rico and I also used to live
in Orlando , Florida for a long time.
About the F-16s is strange because here in Puerto Rico
(part of The U.S.A.) lately there has been a lot of C-130s
and Black Hawks moving around., A lot more than usual.
Ok there are not F-16s but ...something is going on.

top topics

join