It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aucklands schools on lockdown.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Breaking news!
Two Auckland NZ schools on lockdown.Link to article:www.stuff.co.nz...
Please read entire article before commenting.

edit on 12-5-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: Adding to post.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
A concern for those involved but - sounds like a nearby incident involving guns - safe thing to do until it's under control.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
must be a pretty big incident for them to be doing all that!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
When NZ sees an unattended paper bag they call the bomb squad. That's how crazy this world has become in countries where it's safe.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

I think that NZ's AOS is extremely gung-ho, just look at their performance during the DotCom debacle.

Big on muscle, low on brains.

It was probably the wisest thing to ensure that no stray ordinance strike a child, but my suspicion is that there is actually no particular threat.

Still it looks like they are being really proactive and "thinking of the children" on the nightly news .

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I have this silly off topic question that I wonder about from this thread. Up here in the USA we have school from the beginning of September through the end of May, basically the winter months. Now in Australia and New Zealand the seasons are reversed so what months do they have school there. The same question may apply to Lower South America I suppose. I hope this doesn't sound like a really stupid question.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracyskeptic
Breaking news!

OK...

But where is YOUR comment?

C'mon people...please try harder.

Peace

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Latest update the Armed Offenders Squad have stormed the house and arrested the offender who had a gun and was threatening to harm himself with it.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I have this silly off topic question that I wonder about from this thread. Up here in the USA we have school from the beginning of September through the end of May, basically the winter months. Now in Australia and New Zealand the seasons are reversed so what months do they have school there. The same question may apply to Lower South America I suppose. I hope this doesn't sound like a really stupid question.

It isn't a stupid question.

Here's a link

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Schools open at the start of Febuary and finish up around the end of November.
We have a 3 month break and then back to it. The school year is set in 4 terms. Each term is 10/12 weeks with a 2 week break in between each term.. Hope that helped : )

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

Yup that helped. the link Chronaut gave me above didn't actually explain when they had their three months off, it had like four quarters listed.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Seems they siezed a chance to capitalize on a crysis just like the media in the US. NZ gun laws are strict anyway so its not like their aiming to ban assault rifles lol.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Conspiracyskeptic
Breaking news!

What a completely misleading title.

TWO schools were locked down.

Your title basically says that all schools in Auckland were on lock down.

I read it, and thought wtf...yet open the thread, and oh, it's only two schools...

new topics

top topics

join