It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I see you! Do you see me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I've been doing some thinking on astral projecting here recently. And I've came to the conclusion that it might be possible to communicate with people through astral projecting.

Read on to learn more...

So here's what I'm thinking if you and a friend were in a room and both were adept at astral projecting. Could it be possible to astral project in the same paradox/time and space and see each other and communicate?

I think it's possible. Also I was thinking what if you had a genetically altered creation in a lab that was fully unconscious to the point where you could transplant your own consciousness into it.

Could you astral project and try to lay down inside the body and maybe connect to it that way. Where now that your body is trying to root into the new body you could cut loose from your actual physical body.

I really think this needs to be played with. I'm thinking time travel could also be possible. You'd just need to use your mind as a launching pad visualize a location paint it to fit the time period you want and try to project there.

If that is possible maybe a whole new world opens up?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by XsweetNspiceyX

I havent often wondered if its possible for two different people to awake in same dream. I cant see why not, if both are focused on achieving a collaborate dream state.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

If you could consider this the above, and the astral projection a below layer of existence.

In above so below theologies you would have to imagine since we share this same plane in collaboration why not the astral projected experience.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This actually happens:

Connecting to another in the astral, having a shared dream, I even heard of some that had the exact Near Death Experience when they were in a car crash.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I hope your able to be your own biggest critic and search for the flaws in these stories.

It pains me to see people so convinced of something on such poor evidence, I wish it did you as well.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

What if people told you that you didn't dream?

You would most likely argue that you do!

Yet there is no evidence at all that you could show anyone that you dream.

I can prove to you that people share the same dream. it's called life. Though I know the grounds your arguing.

If it hadn't of happened to me I'd be with ya. But I've left my body before and communicated with another entity.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Maybe you should do some research on what science understands about our brain functions while we sleep.

I don't see how you can argue that there is no evidence for the function and nature of dreams.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I would still rather opt for the idea of everyone being alone in their own universe and consider that home, which isn't shared, just as I don't share my brain with anyone, it's a one seat thing only. Maybe if you project neutral energy onto the space which is occupied by your friends physical body or brain it might be that energy would change according to the others' mood. If the other would do the same you might have some communication. It wouldn't matter if your bodies would be in the same room, they would be someplace and that is where you would direct that energy. It would take time but shaping that energy like a device would be even more convincing, basically you would have little energetic satellites in each others' auras like mobile phones. The more convincing the more real it becomes and then you might be on to something.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Neuroscience has measured various brain activity during sleep. Which is also why we understand the phases of sleep, like REM sleep; and even when specific kinds of dreams occur, like nightmares and psychosexual dreams. While science doesn't necessarily know why we dream, science is well aware that we do, and how it happens, and even what kind of imagery accompanies the various phases of sleep and dreaming.

As for the whole "life is a dream" woo... no. In dreams, we do not feel pain, we do not actually use language, and sounds is always distorted. In life I feel broken bones, I feel a hot fire, and I certainly can speak, and type, and read, and write in a coherent language. And, by and large, anything which hasn't broken the sound barrier, certainly is correctly accompanied by any sounds which it should make.

Sleeping and dreaming are different from wakeful life.

Astral project is supposed to be different from all of those as well. Although, neuroscience has pretty confidently pinned down much of astral projection, near-death experiences, and out-of-body experiences as being induced by the brain depending on the situation. They're hallucinations, fantasies, imagined: not real.

~ Wandering Scribe

top topics

join