It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Age-defying: Master key of lifespan found in brain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
...an imagine the US military, forever living an gaining valuable battle tactics an knowlege and EVEN MORE KNOWLEDGEG

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Cai’s team tested three groups of middle-aged mice. One group was given gene therapy that inhibits NF-kB, the second had gene therapy to activate NF-kB, while the third was left to age naturally. This last group lived, as expected, between 600 and 1000 days. Mice with activated NF-kB all died within 900 days, while the animals with NF-kB inhibition lived for up to 1100 days.

So my greatgreagreat grand children will know for sure if this treatment gains up to 8 years on their lifespan if this thing works as well on humans as it does on mice.

Meh.

edit on 11/5/13 by D.Wolf because: some words deleted

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

How annoying.. There is an existing thread about this...

Key to Eternal Youth Found!!!

Doesn't anyone use the search anymore??

Korg.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123

Originally posted by Miccey
Ahh whats the point...
Its like that "priestfather" in PAUL...
It wouldnt even go in if you put it
in by force...

YOUR CHOICE..
MY CHOICE..
THIER CHOICE..

No one is MAKING you take it...

I know that already. So, you would take that huh? You probably would laugh at my grave too....

I would, but why would i laugh at your grave..
No point. If you CHOOSE not to take it its yours to make...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Honestly, I am not too surprised. The human brain, for the most part, is not very well understood. Yet, outside of disease or injury, it is our biggest ally. It does so much for us. It controls our breathing, our heartbeat, and body temperature. We don't even need to think about it, or know how it does it. It simply does.

Furthermore, in life threatening emergencies it will take over and start shutting down non essential body processes to preserve our own life. So, the fact that it contains within it an emergency code to stop a total extinction event, is amazing, but not entirely unbelievable.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarsInDust

Honestly, I am not too surprised. The human brain, for the most part, is not very well understood. Yet, outside of disease or injury, it is our biggest ally. It does so much for us. It controls our breathing, our heartbeat, and body temperature. We don't even need to think about it, or know how it does it. It simply does.

Furthermore, in life threatening emergencies it will take over and start shutting down non essential body processes to preserve our own life. So, the fact that it contains within it an emergency code to stop a total extinction event, is amazing, but not entirely unbelievable.

There is an ongoing 7 page discussion about this.

Key to Eternal Youth Found!!!

Please direct your posts about this subject there.

Peace,

Korg.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join