It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did the NY Times photoshop a pic of Obama at OSU?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Look at this horrible photoshop, half of his neck is missing! Why did they do this?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The credits for the "picture" go to Christopher Gregory -- could you get a more generic name?

This is the full article link

"President Obama addressing Ohio State graduates on Sunday. “You’ve been tested and you’ve been tempered,” he told them."

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by liquiddrewl

That's not photoshopped.

He's wearing a white shirt and the collar is blending into the background. The shade is not exact though, you can see a line of differentiation.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Oh wait, you're serious?

Umm that's his shirt. See the blue one on the other dude... yeah, same thing. Except his is blue.

Once upon a time they said that people with a little knowledge were dangerous. Today it is the calling card of the sleuth.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Why would the NY Times photoshop a pic of Obama at OSU?

They wouldn't.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

That isn't photoshopped. That's his white collared shirt under the robe.
edit on 5-5-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Seems posts here on ATS are starting to present with an increased element of mania and hysteria.

Certainly NOT trying to slight you OP; but it really does feel like people are starting to fear their own shadows and are finding subversion where there isn't any (though there is plenty of that going around for sure).

Sigh. Seems none of us know what to believe or do anymore.

Just hope everyone out there finds a moment's peace and quietude in the throes of sociopolitical madness.

Regards,

FTE
edit on 5-5-2013 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Thanks to the sensible posters who responded about the likelihood of an undershirt creating the visual oddity. Apparently I've not seen many black skin on white collars in images. Shame on those who assume this is "fear and hysteria" propagating, ugh, yours is the worst kind of idea.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquiddrewl
Thanks to the sensible posters who responded about the likelihood of an undershirt creating the visual oddity. Apparently I've not seen many black skin on white collars in images. Shame on those who assume this is "fear and hysteria" propagating, ugh, yours is the worst kind of idea.

Yes it is "fear and hysteria" because rather than examine and put some common sense into the photo (never mind your slight against the "generic" name of the attributed photographer), you jumped straight to "photoshop!"

That is a mind that is far beyond normal discernment and questioning; that is near manic.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
White collar from dress shirt, not photoshopped.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquiddrewl
[SNIP]

Cute...you should take that show on the road. I am sorry the truth hurts though. You have no idea who you are talking to yet you attempt to make some witty remark to my weight? Or even my penis? Like I said....cute.

The OP is ridiculous and borderline manic. Since you so quaintly placed it in bold, maybe the definition for you will help you understand:

excessive or unreasonable enthusiasm

That about sums up the OP. Enthusiastic, but excessive and unreasonable. No logic nor thought was put into it. It was hopes of finding something big. As if the NYT was the only source to President Obama at OSU. Never mind the hundreds in the audience taking pictures, the other photographers taking pictures, etc, etc. That is mania.

So keep your thoughts about fat and penises to yourself.
edit on 6-5-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed quoted post

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Okay boss. Yet interestingly you haven't really admitted that your assertion in the OP is completely off base. You make some quasi notion that maybe you never have seen black skin with a white collar before.

Better yet, forget the white collar that is missing.....what about President Obama's mid section. That "white" thing he is holding is photoshopped out! They are hiding something I know it!

Geesh....

top topics

join