It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California mental patient obsessed with Sandy Hook walks away from treatment facility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
How did this happen? We have a baby taken away from parents for no reason in the same state. We have veterans who are losing their guns in the same state. They re pushing for laws to protect us from things like this and he...walks away.

A man who has threatened young children and is obsessed by the killings at Sandy Hook Elementary School escaped from a mental health facility in Orange County, Calif. on Friday, and police were warning the public to be on the lookout for him. Garden Grove police said Norris Phuoc Nguyen, 23, poses a danger to the community. Garden Grove Police Chief Kevin Raney said Nguyen walked away at 4:45 p.m. from Royale Health Care Center at Bristol Street and Warner Avenue in Santa Ana, Calif., where he had been detained since December 2012.

Why? Last year he walked into a police station with an assault rifle trying to do the death by cop. WARNING #1..ding ding ding....

Then in the investigation, it finds he is not obsessed with Sandy Hook, he is portraying the same thing we saw in Adam Lanza. Emotional issues and an obsession with the elementary school he went to.

guyen was questioned, and police found he was fixated on a teacher at a Garden Grove elementary school that he had attended, Raney said, declining to name the school. "We have statements and we have the firm belief that he is committed, unfortunately, to harming children at this specific school," Raney said. Nguyen had been detained periodically since then, Raney said, until it became apparent in interviews with him in December that he was obsessed by the massacre that left 26 dead at a Newtown, Conn., elementary school on Dec. 14, 2012.

This guy is a perfect candidate for another mass shooting for the gun control advocates. Sorry, but it seems again too coincidental. I hope they find him before another tragedy occurs.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'm not going there is going to be a conspiracy. But my God these stories of copy cat killers or potential copy cats are crazy. The reason I say that is because it seems after the crime is committed the reason these bad incidents happen is because the killers were inspired by other killers. Now, I'm not saying conspiracy or anything of the nature. Just venting my confusion at the subject of this story. I guess we truly do live in a crazy world.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Which is kind of why I posted this. It sounds like the background for a bad Lifetime movie. Police know he is obsessed after investigation where he walked into a police stating with a assault look weapon. It was unloaded but a cry for help maybe? He is quoted as saying I want to hurt people. Sorry, but these kinds of people should not be allowed around the general public and should be committed.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I don't think the Sandy Hook shooter was obsessed with the school. In fact, did they ever find out the real reason why he choose that school?

Anyway, if this guy really wanted to shoot up a school, it probably would have been done by now.

It seems like a cry for help.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

He just escaped and was in the mental facility for 5 months; I am thinking that perhaps during that time inside he got some really good help and medicine and that his state of mind has improved; maybe he was just tired of being locked up....or he didn't get better at all and he is out to do harm.

Would you please provide a link to the article you quoted...thanks!

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Here is an article about him:

MSNBC

A man who has threatened young children and is obsessed by the killings at Sandy Hook Elementary School escaped from a mental health facility in Orange County, Calif. on Friday, and police were warning the public to be on the lookout for him. Garden Grove police said Norris Phuoc Nguyen, 23, poses a danger to the community. Garden Grove Police Chief Kevin Raney said Nguyen walked away at 4:45 p.m. from Royale Health Care Center at Bristol Street and Warner Avenue in Santa Ana, Calif., where he had been detained since December 2012.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
I'm not going there is going to be a conspiracy. But my God these stories of copy cat killers or potential copy cats are crazy. The reason I say that is because it seems after the crime is committed the reason these bad incidents happen is because the killers were inspired by other killers. Now, I'm not saying conspiracy or anything of the nature. Just venting my confusion at the subject of this story. I guess we truly do live in a crazy world.

I think you're 100% correct.

I also believe more than a little of the drive for copycat killers being created is the fact that, for better or worse, the media insures that are literally immortalized for their every detail in life and death....forever. Talk about an attraction for the sick and unbalanced mind to be attracted to. If they're already suicidal or homicidal, what greater motivation to follow what they were already predisposed to do, in as BIG a way as humanly possible?

Personally, I'd like to see a voluntary moratorium by the largest media organizations for EVER publicly highlighting or discussing the names of these animals where it isn't directly a part of the report. I.E....court room coverage of them at their hearing or, where relations or others are shown (not wildly speculated) to have played a direct part in whatever horror they cooked up as their blaze of glory.

I have no idea how else to do it...but Adam Lanza, according to police evidence documents shared by media and on this site, had a spread sheet SEVERAL FEET tall and wide. FEET for goodness sake. To say they don't sometimes track each other for "score" is to ignore the true depravity of what we're seeing start to happen, IMO.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Thanks for the link. After reading the article it does seem like this man is a ticking time bomb; but I am also thinking that he may have gone off somewhere to kill himself.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Thanks,
I forgot to add the original link. If he was on meds...no he is not. That is not a good cocktail either with someone who is schizophrenic.

He needs to be put away, medicated, and given the ability to live his life or else he will be killed by cops or hurt someone and wind up in the CA penal system.

As far as the copycat or the medias handling of killers in general, i knew MSM was of the week after 9/11 when OBL was on hte cover of TIME magazine. Glorification of murder in movies, books and TV is used to desensitize reaction.
edit on 4-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
So it appears there is a plan to stage another mass school shooting and the "perpetrator" is already available. Of course, it will not be the school with which he obsessed, but another. Of course, the "perpetrator" will have shot himself before the police reach the place.

Or perhaps, they can lock down the county/state to search for the missing person?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

Sandy Hook did not achieve what the government wanted. In the end, it was simply a child who had been bullied who went back to extract his revenge.

It started as an autistic child of a prepper mother who never went to that school, remember? Before they could pass what they needed though the truth came out.

If Boston had killed more children we would still be hearing about it. HOw about the 200 injured who lost thier limbs??? Does not matter to the government because there is nothing to use. Sick and sad.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

How did this happen? We have a baby taken away from parents for no reason in the same state. We have veterans who are losing their guns in the same state. They re pushing for laws to protect us from things like this and he...walks away.
reply to post by esdad71

I find it amusing that you imply the problem is with the state.
Thank goodness this particular incident with the baby made national news, but this happens all the time and is largely ignored. Some of the worst states for it are Oklahoma, Georgia, and Oregon. This particular problem needs more attention nation wide.
Yes, we have stricter gun laws as a whole but the idiocy when it comes to gun is truly county by county and the problem counties are a small handful but the most populated.
California is a large state and extremely diverse.
However, in this particular case we are still suffering from Schwarzenegger's huge cuts in mental health. You can almost lay this solely at his feet.

edit on 5-5-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Amusing...far from it.

I am not implying it is an issue only with this state. I am using this one as an example. It is rampant in more states than you list. Problem is, in smaller towns and rural areas these things are not reported. The US is a big place and things go on right under our noses.

Involuntary commitment is a big issue. Since the early 1900's states have passed laws also, and enforced them, sterilizing those with debilitating disease or who the state deems 'feeble minded'. Look up Carrie Buck. Three generations of 'feeble minded' people was the basis for her sterilization..and it still occurs.

so, taking guns from anyone them deem like this is childs play compared to biological destruction of ones body.

Like Obama said in his speech to OSU though, we are not to talk about it or listen to it. Are people going to wake up now?

edit on 5-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join