It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the big interest in end of the world topics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
So, I have been observing for a while on this forum that a large number of the posts are in regards to end world issues, whether it be identifying the anti christ, through to different prophecies, conspiracies in mainstream churches, tribulation.. the list can go on.

This seems to be a common occurrence not just in the ABS site but in general across many communities.

Why is there a big push now towards end time interest? Is the fact that we have a few small wars around the place that disturbing that people think the world is going to end? Surely WW1 and WW2 were a lot more significant than what we are seeing at the moment??!?

I am just curious as to why people are so interested in this topic all of a sudden?

I would be interested in hearing what beliefs / religions teach regarding the end of times..

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think that there is such a big interest in it today because the population are craving change. Those who realize the direction that our societies are taking crave the change from that direction.

This leads to " end of the world " scenarios, some of which may partially be true. Example is global warming from pollution, ammunition materials/hazard materials being dumped across the world, possible nuclear fallout.

Basically, end of the world means fundamental change.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
From what you say, the shape of the world (including the health of our environment) is getting so bad, that people are going to scream out for some form of change.. anything for that matter. Is this realistically going to happen?

I am just wondering, for those people that believe in such a diverse range of beliefs, who will they cry out to for if they want a 'supernatural' change to occur?

Some claim the pope, mary, God, matraya, alians or whoever will save the day! Why can't man clean up their own mess and survive? Why pin your hopes on a supernatural (apparently non existant) force?

Others I know simply believe that the world is screwed, there is nothing they can do about it and it doesnt really matter anyway. Just as long as they get to live out their lives 'who cares?'

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
the world has become so mad of late that i think folks are getting really freaked out and wonder how bad can things get - maybe they feel the world needs a saviour or that the bubble will simply burst!

new topics

top topics

join