It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Admin: Annoying Maywhether/Guerrero Ad WTH?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I know, I know, advertising is a necessary evil, I get it. But this latest ad at the top of the page promoting an upcoming boxing match is just ridiculous!!! I cannot even navigate the page without it popping up even when I do NOT roll over the AD!! Did these guys pay you extra to make the ad do this? I have seen ads up there all the time, and as long as you do not scroll over them, they do not pop up. However this one, does it constantly! If I dare try to click on MYATS, to check on a thread I am participating in, I have to pay the price! I hope when this stupid fight is over, this will not continue on ATS. It is driving me mad, and quite frankly, away from the site

Phew, that feels a little better.......

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Havent seen that one. Go and do a quick google search for kitchen sinks (seriously). Youll get different ads.

Or, for that matter, clear your cookies, etc. The ads you see are generally based on that.
edit on 3-5-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Seriously? You would leave ATS because of an advertisement???? Un-freaking-believable.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Havent seen that one. Go and do a quick google search for kitchen sinks (seriously). Youll get different ads.

I know the ads usually change to dictate your past google searches, but I never once searched for this and it has not changed for about a week and a half now.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

I know the ads usually change to dictate your past google searches, but I never once searched for this and it has not changed for about a week and a half now.
Are you a frequenter of ESPN? Or any sporting site? Or any betting site? All of those things will trigger ads for this.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Seriously? You would leave ATS because of an advertisement???? Un-freaking-believable.

Normally I would star you for participating in my thread, however not in this case

For one, I said it is driving me away from the site, not that I would "leave ATS".
Secondly, whatever happened to a guy being able to rant, jeesh

edit on 3-5-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Guilty as charged...all of those

Looks like that is probably the cause. Although, like I said, never has any ad popped up like this one does, it happens constantly.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

I haven't read what others have said but I think the Ad is tricky and it is apparently intentionally designed to continually Pop-Up regardless if you "Roll Over" it or not, and the Roll-Over is too close to other important functions. One big pain in the butt is what I say. I hate boxers and boxing so why should I have to contend with my personal space being continually invaded?...........

edit on 3-5-2013 by POXUSA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Guilty as charged...all of those

Looks like that is probably the cause. Although, like I said, never has any ad popped up like this one does, it happens constantly.
Just trying to help

I do absolutely DESPISE the 'rollover' type ads. they seem to expand on their own most of the time, so I certainly understand your frustration.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by POXUSA

Glad I am not the only one that has noticed this anyway. Your right, its a very tricky ad!! I also am not a fan of boxing, at least if it were a lingerie ad or something, maybe I could deal with that

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I keep getting a girl trying to date me...........just me maybe...........

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
the "ghost" is haunting you,

new topics

top topics

join