It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One year ago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The US staged a mission that has now become legend. May 2nd(tomorrow) marks that day - the death of Osama Bin Laden. You know history shows that these kind of dates do not pass without issues at least when you are talking about radical jihadists. The Isrealis are certainly aware of this. I doubt a lot of Americans even remember. I ask the question are we really any safer? Bostonians might not think so. Yeah let's take away the guns..how about the bombs(oh yeah they are illegal-guess laws don't really stop anything do they)...the knives(just looking at news and saw half dozen articles about murder with a knife.

I hope tomorrow does not bring any incidents. Anyone else worried?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

One year ago

you mean 2 years ago, he was assasinated in 2011, might want to change your title.

really dude if your going to make a thread like this at least get some of the basic facts right it was 2 years ago

Anyway…
The question you ask, are we safer, I guess it’s a matter of opinion I would say yes but not because Bin Laden is dead but because the core of Al-Qa’ida has been defeated and there has not been any major attack on any western city in years now.

Do I think anything will happen tomorrow?

Probably not, I suppose its possible but the 1rst anniversary of his death passed without incident so I don’t see why the second will be any different. We might actually get some work from Zawahiri, you know one of his nice long rants but that’s about as far as I would go.

But in saying that with the amount of topics you touch on I think this is a very bad flag grab rather than a thread asking about possible terrorist attacks. You make mention of Israel (10 flags form the people who hate Israel), them taking the guns (10 from the NRA dudes), Boston bombs ( a few more flags) and the subject matter, well your probably going to get some brownie points for that too

…. Even if you got the date wrong, again it was 2011 which makes this, 2013, the second anniversary of his death.

really you could have just used Google

edit on 1-5-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Not sure what the Point of the Thread is?

Osama died long before Obama needed him to Score Popularity Points.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I hope tomorrow does not bring any incidents. Anyone else worried?

Worried? No.

I try to live life as fully and freely as if none of this horrid 21st century had ever happened. I do not fear terrorists and I do not fear the state... either of which can be suspect in this day we live.

We can't surrender. We have to hold fast to those things that make our lives worth living and never, ever yield because to do so, is to surrender more than just a way of life; it is to walk away -by choice- from that which so many have died for and that which makes life here worth dying for.

One never takes lightly tragedies and horrors like Boston or Newtown... but we are also called to then remember what it is that so many others died to protect. We have to dig deeper and find the reasons these things happan and not simply sign off on knee-jerk legislation that gives politicians an easy exit.

One year ago is what we remember. Today is what we experience. One year from now is what we work for.
edit on 1-5-2013 by redoubt because: typo

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Where has time gone you are right 2 years! Sorry

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

no problem dude!

top topics

join