It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

P2P badboy The Pirate Bay sets sail for the Caribbean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
ThePirateBay

Here we go again, the feds trying to take down piratebay even more this past week, they first fled to Iceland and now the carribeans, I wonder where they'll flee next, Is this SOPA at work? Either way I really hope they win this battle and not get taken down.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

"Marius Olafsson said: “When and if such an order is received by ISNIC we will refer that to our legal council and will of course respond – how remains to be seen. Remember that ISNIC is an Icelandic company operating under Icelandic laws.

“I am not a lawyer, but would think that in general Swedish courts do not have jurisdiction over Icelandic companies operating in Iceland. The only thing a Swedish court can do in this case is to order the registrant (who is Swedish) to delete the domain. I fail to see how they can order ISNIC to do anything.

“ISNIC will legally fight attempts to use the domain name registry system to police/censor the net. We believe that to be ineffective, wrong and dangerous to the stability of the DNS as a whole.”

Clearly, Iceland boasts some rather different policies than what we're used to hearing about.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

So they just don't wanna go to court? I am confused bout the whole situation lol

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

They are attempting, with some apparent success, to keep their pirating domain up and running in spite of the best efforts of Swedish authorities.
edit on 1-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

join