It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airliner has Narrow Miss with UFO at Glasgow Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The following was posted on BBC news website at 10:21 this morning, following a near miss with a reported UFO by the pilot of aircraft.

Airliner 'had narrow miss with UFO' Generic Airbus A320 The aircraft had been flying at 4,000ft when the incident happened A passenger aircraft had a narrow miss with an unidentified object over Glasgow, a report has revealed. The Airbus A320 was making its final approach to Glasgow Airport on 2 December when an object passed about 300ft underneath it.

The pilot of the aircraft said the risk of collision with the object, which did not show up on radar, had been "high". A report by the UK Airprox Board said investigators were unable to establish what the object had been. The A320 was flying with its landing lights on, in clear conditions and at an altitude of about 4,000ft above the Baillieston area of Glasgow, when the pilot and non-flying pilot saw an object "loom ahead" at a range of about 100m.

The Airprox report included a transcript of the conversation that took place between the aircraft and the controller at 12:55:
A320: "Glasgow Approach [A320 C/S]"

EGPF: "[A320 C/S] pass your message"

A320: "Er yeah we just had something pass underneath us quite close [1255:30] and nothing on TCAS have you got anything on in our area"

EGPF: "Er negative er we've got nothing on er radar and we're n- not talking to any traffic either"

A320: "Er not quite sure what it was but it definitely er quite large [1255:40] and it's blue and yellow"

EGPF: "OK that's understood er do you have a an estimate for the height"

A320: "Maybe er [1255:50] yeah we were probably about erm four hundred to five hundred feet above it so it's probably about three and a half thousand feet."

The object passed directly beneath the aircraft before either of the crew members had time to take avoiding action or had "really registered it". But they both agreed that it appeared to have been blue and yellow or silver in colour with a small frontal area, but "bigger than a balloon". The pilot asked the controller at Glasgow Airport if he was "talking to anything in the area" as he had "got quite close" to a blue and yellow aircraft, travelling in the opposite direction, which had passed just below him. The controller stated that he was not talking to anyone else in that area and that nothing was seen on radar. Search action was taken with no result and the A320 pilot stated his intention to file a report to Airprox, which investigates near misses.

Air traffic control said they had no trace of any other objects in the area at the time of the incident, although the radar at Prestwick did spot an "unidentified track history" 1.3 nautical miles east of the A320's position 28 seconds earlier. Once the aircraft had landed, the pilot told the Glasgow Aerodrome Controller: "We seemed to only miss it by a couple of hundred feet, it went directly beneath us. Wherever we were when we called it in it was within about 10 seconds. Couldn't tell what direction it was going but it went right underneath us."

Members were unable to reach a conclusion as to a likely candidate for the conflicting aircraft” Airprox Board report When asked if he thought it may have been a "glider or something like that" the pilot replied: "Well maybe a microlight. It just looked too big for a balloon."

The Airprox report concluded: "Investigation of the available surveillance sources was unable to trace any activity matching that described by the A320 pilot. Additionally there was no other information to indicate the presence or otherwise of activity in the area." The report said the Airprox board had been of the opinion that the object was unlikely to have been a fixed wing aircraft, helicopter or hot air balloon, given that it had not shown up on radar. It was also thought that a meteorological balloon would be radar significant and unlikely to be released in the area.

A glider could not be discounted, the report said, but it was unlikely that one would be operating in the area because of the constrained airspace and the lack of thermal activity because of the low temperature. Similarly, the board believed that a hang-glider or para-motor would be radar significant and that conditions precluded them, as they did para-gliders or parascenders. The report stated: "Members were unable to reach a conclusion as to a likely candidate for the conflicting aircraft and it was therefore felt that the board had insufficient information to determine a Cause or Risk".

Most interestingly is tha the pilot reported the incident to AirProx who DID investigate the incident and it was found inconclusive, they did track something on radar for 1.3 miles but that soon vanished.

So guys, apart from shapeshifting lizards full of swamp gas that have transmorphed into chinese lanterns... what are your thoughts on what this could have been?

Are there any similar reports out there that would marry up with this incident?
edit on 1-5-2013 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I have checked the list of all of the operators who operate aircraft out of Glasgow Airport and none of them have the coloured markings on the body of the play or tailfin that the pilot commented on seeing, the colours that is!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Imagine if it didn't miss! IF it were to hit it would crash and we finally see a alien if it was one

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Doubtful. The government would have swooped in, picked it all up and said it was a weather balloon. SOP

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Here is the list of all of flight operators that operate commercial aircraft out of Glasgow airport.

Aer Arrann
Aer Lingus
Air Malta
Balkan Holidays
Barrhead Travel
bmi Regional
British Airways
Canadian Affair
Cyprus Premier
Eastern Airways
Easy Jets
Emirates
Flybe
France Travel Services
Guernsey Travel
Iceland Air
Jet2.Com
Just Sunshine
KLM CityHopper
Lufthansa
Thomas Cook
Thomson Airways
Thomson Holidays
United Airlines
US Airways
Virgin Atlantic Airways
Wizz Air

I have checked on each company and none of them have their aircraft decked out in the livery colours reported by the pilot, not all together at least anyway

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Casualboy100
Imagine if it didn't miss! IF it were to hit it would crash and we finally see a alien if it was one

And a few hundred passengers would of died

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by pigsy2400

Unidentified air objects more often drones now days I guess, seems to be a million kinds of them all over.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Oh yeah
nevermind

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Defence firms, police forces and fire services are among more than 130 organisations that have permission to fly small drones in UK airspace

The pilot recorded the incident as occuring at 4000ft, where as the Civil Aviation Authority state that -;

The aircraft must weigh less than 20kg and operators have to abide by certain rules. These include not flying them higher than 122 metres (400ft), or further away from the operator than 500 metres – this is deemed the pilot's "line of sight".

Each UAV launch must be approved by the CAA, whereas in this instance we can rule this out, as no application was applied for, and no recorded at least, UAV was in the area at that time, if it had been a UAV then it would have been at a height 10x that of the guidelines that are required by the CAA

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

Sorry to post that reply I'm feeling a bit snappy today

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Yes, and hundreds of people may have died in my hometown... But as long as you got your alien, right.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Nobody needs your comment I apoligized a while ago now HUSH

edit on 1-5-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Nobody needs your comment I apoligized a while ago now HUSH

edit on 1-5-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

Why should I hush? Because you said so??

The simple fact is you would rather see people dying for a glimpse of what was probably a lightweight glider, with nothing other than more human life in it.

So I think maybe you should HUSH.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

I thought it was just one jet! I didn't know it was an airplane full of passengers!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by fairguy

I thought it was just one jet! I didn't know it was an airplane full of passengers!

It doesn't have to be full, there was atleast one human on there. End of story.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Also I APOLIGIZED like 3 post above you! IF you wouldve opened your lazy eyes you wouldve seen it and not made a fool out of yourself!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone has asked Strathclyde Police where thier blue and yellow helicopter was on that day
Just a thought

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

reply to post by fairguy

Also I APOLIGIZED like 3 post above you! IF you wouldve opened your lazy eyes you wouldve seen it and not made a fool out of yourself!

Who is the person who said they would've liked to see this plane crash here?

Answer that and I think you will see who is making a fool of whos self.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Oh my cheese crackers

I TOOK WHAT I SAID BACK OK?? I apoligized now stop!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Topic already under discussion here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Remember search is your friend.

Thread closed.

join