It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fall of the U.S. As We Know It?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

Representative democracy is a total failure and has been since the Roman Empire. Our founding fathers gave us a Constitutional Republic, which had been the greatest experiment of government in human history.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for dinner". - Benjamin Franklin
edit on 2-5-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by RagnarDanniskjold

New member, .. checking for information on anti-government sentiments?

I smell a government operative. Jus sayin.

Not a shill, wish I got payed to surf the internet but I dont, I am pretty anti government so I dont think they would hire me anyways.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by extraterrestrialentity

Well I'm not that old and was raised with video games and tv and I'm awake so I think all it will take is more involvement by those of us willing to share.

All kids these days know is to play video games, watch TV, and be on the computer. But that's just from personal experience, I'm not saying it's a fact.

One of the best selling points in both TV shows, movies, and video games is the story, so my guess is all we have to do is make the truth interesting to talk about, make freethinking fun and challenge everyone to prove something not just take it on faith.

And that's the problem. TV could be used to educate children, but instead, it's being used to deter children away from real problems. Now I'm not saying you shouldn't have entertainment on TV at all, but a little entertainment here and there wouldn't hurt. Maybe if people didn't spend their entire day on TV, television wouldn't have to educate people, because people wouldn't be using their time up and would actually be looking at the real problems.

I'm sure when you were growing up, you didn't sit all day playing video games, and watch TV. Which is why you're on this site right now! To get knowledge about the real problems.

Whoa, all I did when I was growing up was play video games. I loved em. The better part of my 20's was spent playing World of Warcraft, yet I feel like I'm awake. What changed? I started getting out of the house and being social. Live music really helped to change my perspective on things and opened me up to new ideas. When I turned 18 I registered Libertarian because of the party's stance on a certain plant, yet now I relate more than ever with the party as I have become more aware of what is going on in politics.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by mOjOm

Greed and corruption - the gov't has been doing it for years.

Greed and corruption - the illegal among the citizenry has embraced this - whether it's cheating for welfare benefits, or corporations and insider trading scams - there's nothing believable anymore.

Add to that a third world invasion from mexico - not just mexicans, but anyone else that can walk across our ungaurded borders to fleece the taxpayers.

The federal reserve - I don't think I need to say anymore.

The US is a house of cards falling down - and everyone is looking to either take what they can get - or hoard for survival.

No one with any kind of sense trusts anything those idiots in DC say anymore.

The culture of deception and greed is not just one affecting Govt. Its sad everyday to wake up and see corruption in the media, in schools, in police, in corporations but what makes it worse is the trickle down to the common man. I cant even play games without rampant cheating from other players. You watch sports and you see cheats. Its everywhere. People do a crap job and only look out for themselves. There is no sense of civic duty or even responsibility towards your fellow man. The signs are all around us. Hell I am a fool for not selling everything and getting out while I can but I guess I am one of those civic minded types.

Right.
I guess Anton LaVey's prediction that the majority of the world (well at least the US) will be Satanists without even knowing it.

(and for the aholes out there that think they know it all and try to "inform" people on things... I ALREADY KNOW that satanist dont necessarily WORSHIP Satan)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Until the level of violence the gov. is allowed to exert over its people is brought back to the bare minimum they will continue to seize more. Goverment is nothing more than one group of people organizing to use force against others. I really has nothing to do with a happy and prosperous "civilization". People are just convinced that everything would fall apart without them, of course they wouldn't know 'cause there has always been one.

We need to get rid of the thousands of rediculous law and return to a constitutional republic.

And hey if your a "government agent" you can go ahead and add me to the list of people who no longer recognize your "authority" now you are just criminals.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

In your case, music helped you out. What do kids these days have to listen to? Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Lil Wayne, and other horrible artists. Almost all of their songs are about boyfriends or girlfriends, nothing else. What did I listen to in my teens? Tupac, Biggie, Michael Jackson, and many others. All those artists talked about the problems in society, which is what helped me open my eyes. That, and X files of course.

Now how can someone's eyes open when everything they see and hear is brainwashing them? All kids want these days is to be cool, and listen to what singers tell them through their songs. Albeit kids back then also wanted to be cool, but the kids I see today can barely even write, or do math. So it looks like they don't pay much attention in school anymore.

The government's got everything brainwashing kids. There's no escape.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RagnarDanniskjold

Not a shill, wish I got payed to surf the internet but I dont, I am pretty anti government so I dont think they would hire me anyways.

Wouldn't that be what an operative would say?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

At what point of distrust will the American Government cease to be of any use? Without respect and trust in the authority of the officials governing you how can they have power at all? Will the revolution that everyone has been talking about in hushed voices and from anonymous post be one of demand for political change?
Tell me what you think.
edit on 1-5-2013 by RagnarDanniskjold because: grammar

Nothing will change, as those in power have gained too much power. Too many people don't care what's going on around them. It's gotten to a point where nothing can be changed, and if you put a positive spin on drastic change, you can bet you'd be labeled negatively. Pretty sad, to admit, I am usually a positive person. But, society, in the US, is going in a really bad direction.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yea nothing will hapen.

The us government is the drugs dealer, and the people the addicts.
Not that much difference in Europe, just a bit more worse in the US I think?

They can do what they want, we complain more, but that's about it.

Only when the economy would implode, where people loose their income/jobs (on a much bigger scale then today), they would loot everything, creating chaos in a chaos situation where they would scream for the police/military for help, yea so powerless we have become.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivbnu
Until the level of violence the gov. is allowed to exert over its people is brought back to the bare minimum they will continue to seize more. Goverment is nothing more than one group of people organizing to use force against others. I really has nothing to do with a happy and prosperous "civilization". People are just convinced that everything would fall apart without them, of course they wouldn't know 'cause there has always been one.

We need to get rid of the thousands of rediculous law and return to a constitutional republic.

And hey if your a "government agent" you can go ahead and add me to the list of people who no longer recognize your "authority" now you are just criminals.

Noted and forwarded on to my handler

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Wouldn't that be what an operative would say?

OK you got me I am a shill, is that what an operative would say? Just so you know I don't take any offence to this, I think it is rather amusing. I have seen a lot of people on here getting pretty heated lately over a difference of opinion just want to make sure I'm not taken the wrong way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join