It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muscle Memory...We all have it!

page: 1

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Muscle memory is a function of repetition we all experience. It causes us to have the addictions we have daily. It causes us to have reactions to situations daily. It causes us to feel pain when we try to do something different; emotional and physical. It is the reason we have memories of past lives. It is the reason we have memories of future lives. Our dreams contain muscle memory. Not all muscle memory is bad, but it can be difficult to change things about ourselves that we want to change. If I want to change a physical or emotional habit, there will be discomfort in doing so. I will have to reprogram my muscle memory to do so.

We are all creatures of habit; conditioned to behave according to our environment and circumstances by which we were raised. Schools, religions, parents, siblings, peer pressure, government, politics; to go against the grain is to be considered being difficult. You are in fact being forced to have muscle memory against your will. Brainwashed to be a certain way from the time of birth until reaching an age where rebellion against those very things begins or is possible; creating a different muscle memory.

In spite of muscle memory we all have the ability to change things about ourselves that we want to change. We do not have the option of changing others. We use manipulation as a means to get others to react or not to react as a way to inflict our personal desires on them. We do this every day in some form; it is, also, due to muscle memory.

When I am writing this I am relying on muscle memory. I am trying to understand something about my own behavior patterns. When you reply to this or if you decided to not reply to this you are using muscle memory. Free will is using your muscle memory. When someone knows how to push buttons that cause you to react both are from muscle memory. If I want to keep others from manipulating me by "pushing my buttons", I have to create a different "muscle memory" to give them a different response that their muscle memory is not going to recognize. This is a form of reverse manipulation that causes them to change their "muscle memory" whether they want to or not. It's called not giving them the satisfaction of manipulation.

If something something I say or something someone else can say has the ability to create this invisible power of control, who is responsible for the action or reaction? Is it the manipulation or the muscle memory? Do you or do you not have free will to decide how you are going to respond to any given situation you are presented?

Sometime in the very near future there will be a collective manipulation that will cause us collectively and individually to decide if we want to allow the same muscle memory to continue or if we want to rebel and react a different way. It starts with each individual and how they treat each other. What is the best way to handle adversity? Why does it take a catastrophe for others to care? Muscle memory.

True love requires change in behavior that deviates from manipulation and true hate. We have been living in a world where muscle memory is created to control us through manipulation based on greed.

The calender, the time clock, the religious books, the banks, the politicians, the Vatican, the holidays strategically placed throughout the year to stimulate the economy, the oil and gas companies restricting the use of free energy devices, all of these are forms of manipulation to create muscle memory in order to control the masses.

It is up to each individual to change their muscle memory. Start today by having true love in your heart and soul and not letting yourself be manipulated by greed. Do not wait for a cataclysmic event to occur for you to care about one another.

Soul

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Muscle memory, whether it be metaphoric or physical, kept you alive all these years. To effectively change the physical muscle memory usually involves repeated action against a stimulus. To change the emotional muscle memory, it usually involves a crap ton of meditation.

For one to overcome the years of conditioning, it takes effort. Most people won't even bother.

Your quest to spread righteousness is a good one. It won't hurt any of us to change our muscle memory for the better.

I'm going to try with a few metta phrases.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Another aspect of muscle memory is found in exercise. If you did a lot of physical activity as a kid or teenager, and kept it up, it's easier to get in shape as an adult. The same with if you work out as an adult, or have such things as the Alexander technique or Feldenkrais (sp?) or hatha yoga, the muscles will remember even years afterwards and make it easier to get back to the way they were at those moments.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChuckNasty
Muscle memory, whether it be metaphoric or physical, kept you alive all these years. To effectively change the physical muscle memory usually involves repeated action against a stimulus. To change the emotional muscle memory, it usually involves a crap ton of meditation.

For one to overcome the years of conditioning, it takes effort. Most people won't even bother

Nonsense.

By the way soul-
You speak a lot of truth.
edit on 30-4-2013 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11

Originally posted by ChuckNasty

For one to overcome the years of conditioning, it takes effort. Most people won't even bother

Nonsense.

By the way soul-
You speak a lot of truth.
edit on 30-4-2013 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

The definition of muscle memory is mainly a physical one. Using the term in a metaphoric definition is that, just a metaphor and not an actual definition.

It did and does keep you alive... What do you do when a car pulls out in front of you? How do you react if a person sticks a gun in your guts and demands money? You sir, must be a child if you cannot realize that it takes effort, whether physical or mental, to change who you are.

You have to first make a conscious choice to want to change before you can.

Edit. After a few phrases I realize that you don't understand what the op is trying tell us. I would like to wish you a happy journey on your path. Hope you are well.
edit on 30-4-2013 by ChuckNasty because: metta phrases made me do it.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Not everything we respond to requires muscle memory and it not just a physical construct. We do have mental muscle memory, the brain is a giant muscle that we barely even use yet it stores the information for us to access when needed. We do have physical reactions and mental intuition that we rely on in times of distress that are not necessarily muscle memory, but they become muscle memory the moment they happen and the result is recorded.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Not all repetition is good for the body though. I have seen many people who use poor posture techniques that lead to problems later in life. They think they are doing their body good. Repetition is fine if the proper technique is utilized, otherwise it is better to alternate the way you use physical muscles.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulpowertothendegree
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Not everything we respond to requires muscle memory and it not just a physical construct. We do have mental muscle memory, the brain is a giant muscle that we barely even use yet it stores the information for us to access when needed. We do have physical reactions and mental intuition that we rely on in times of distress that are not necessarily muscle memory, but they become muscle memory the moment they happen and the result is recorded.

I was agreeing with you. For most people to overcome what they were 'programmed' by modern stimulus, they need to make that change on a conscious level before they can make it a muscle memory reaction...no matter if that reaction is physical, emotional, or spiritual.

I'm understanding what you are trying to get us to accomplish. One has to acknowledge their own faults and misgivings before they can cast them aside and welcome peace, love, and universal brotherhood...

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This was interesting and I have understood how I can apply it in my life. Thank you!

top topics

join