It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Deceased Uncle Came Through During a Ghost Box Session

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Good afternoon ATS. I recorded this video while I conducted a ghost box session yesterday in Victoria B.C. Canada. I asked if there were any deceased relatives present and a voice came through immediately saying my deceased uncle's name. I remember what his voice sounded like and it's the same as the main voice during the session.

I hope you enjoy this video and please subscribe to my YouTube channel if you're interested in my content. Thanks for watching.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Verideecimo

What technique do you use to capture audio? Are you jumping AM/FM frequencies or something? Sorry if that's a stupid question. I don't understand what I'm hearing with the ch-ch-ch-ch throughout your videos, and I'm a techhead, so can you detail your process?

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Please be careful doing this sort of thing. Communications with the dead is necromancy, and never amounts to anything good, potentially opening you and your environment up to bad influences. Remember, "the dead know nothing".

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak

What technique do you use to capture audio? Are you jumping AM/FM frequencies or something? Sorry if that's a stupid question. I don't understand what I'm hearing with the ch-ch-ch-ch throughout your videos, and I'm a techhead, so can you detail your process?

Thanks.

It's a ghost box. It's an am/fm sweep radio that is modified specifically to use for paranormal research. You can't listen to the radio on it. The static sound is the radio rapidly switching between the channels. Any google search would yield mountains of information on it. Just look it up on wikipedia.
edit on 28-4-2013 by Verideecimo because: typo

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

Please be careful doing this sort of thing. Communications with the dead is necromancy, and never amounts to anything good, potentially opening you and your environment up to bad influences. Remember, "the dead know nothing".

The world is what we make of it. I don't fear the negative.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Communication with those that are on the other side and with the "other people" is what I and many others do on a regular basis. I have never had anything "bad" happen. When you walk between worlds, you are in a sacred and holy place that is sovereign to you and your ability to love and respect whatever you encounter. Even in sacred and holy places, you can be destroyed if you are not respectful.

There are flora, fauna, and people of all walks over there as well as powerful beings of elemental natures. Just like in the flesh and blood world, some of those you encounter are jerks and some are very proud. If you approach it with either fear (like a Christian) or with arrogance (like an atheist), you will probably have negative experiences, some with far reaching consequences.

A Christian's biggest folly when it comes to the occult is fear. I can understand your aversion to it but fear and hatred will only get you placed on the radar.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Communication with those that are on the other side and with the "other people" is what I and many others do on a regular basis. I have never had anything "bad" happen. When you walk between worlds, you are in a sacred and holy place that is sovereign to you and your ability to love and respect whatever you encounter. Even in sacred and holy places, you can be destroyed if you are not respectful.

There are flora, fauna, and people of all walks over there as well as powerful beings of elemental natures. Just like in the flesh and blood world, some of those you encounter are jerks and some are very proud. If you approach it with either fear (like a Christian) or with arrogance (like an atheist), you will probably have negative experiences, some with far reaching consequences.

A Christian's biggest folly when it comes to the occult is fear. I can understand your aversion to it but fear and hatred will only get you placed on the radar.

Thank you for elaborating. Well written.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Fear? I'm not afraid of it because I don't dabble in it. Nothing has happened to you yet, but there are no guarantees with you're playing with things you yourself don't fully understand. Would you go into a nuclear reactor and try to fix it just because you've fixed a toaster before?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

As I figured, unfortunately. So why would ghosts attempt to communicate this way? Why wouldn't they just pick a single frequency to communicate to you with? A box that scans the frequencies non-ghosts use for audio transmissions -- convenient.
edit on 4/28/2013 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Fear? I'm not afraid of it because I don't dabble in it. Nothing has happened to you yet, but there are no guarantees with you're playing with things you yourself don't fully understand.

I still call that fear. And, no, I don't fully understand it any more than you understand the nature of your god. That does not keep you from worshiping him any more than it keeps me from walking on my path.

Would you go into a nuclear reactor and try to fix it just because you've fixed a toaster before?

This is your problem. People with your perspective immediately think in terms of "fix". Why would I try to fix what isn't broken?

But using your analogy, I may not try to fix a nuclear reactor with my Toaster Fixing Certificate but I certainly wouldn't be afraid to speak with the engineers who work there.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

As I figured, unfortunately. So why would ghosts attempt to communicate this way? Why wouldn't they just pick a single frequency to communicate to you with? A box that scans the frequencies non-ghosts use for audio transmissions -- convenient.

The reason it sometimes works is that it bypasses the need for a medium, witch, or a psychic. Much like a Ouija board, it is a way for something or somebody incorporeal to subtly manipulate things in order to be understood.

The ghost box is still a matter of speculation by skeptics and proponents alike but, as the technology increases, it has been getting more reliable in the eyes of an increasing number of professionals.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I got to say, that's a pretty sweet demonstration. I haven't gotten my hands on one of those so I'll experience vicariously through your channel until I do. Subscribed.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I don't fully understand the nature of God, no. But I do know that 2 + 2 = 4. In other words, God tells us by doing this, this happens. By doing that, that happens. It's clear what invokes his love and what invokes his wrath.

What you're dealing with is different. Who's to say what entity will do what? And who's way of communicating with them is correct? Are they all correct? If so, which one has more integrity? What is the guarantee something you do won't backfire upon you?

All I'm saying is, I want those who delve into this sort of thing to be careful. I don't WANT something bad to happen to you, anymore than I want you to burn your hand when you stick it into a fire. I can tell you that it may not be a good idea to stick your hand in the fire, but you can, you may or may not get burned, but all I'm doing is warning you of possible dangers out of care and respect.

Not out of fear.
edit on 28-4-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

I don't fully understand the nature of God, no. But I do know that 2 + 2 = 4. In other words, God tells us by doing this, this happens. By doing that, that happens. It's clear what invokes his love and what invokes his wrath.

I don't think that is very clear at all. At least the church, as a general entity, certainly doesn't agree with itself on those matters. Why would rounding my beard and sideburns be accepted while getting married to another dude is not? I don't mean to help derail but I just don't think it is very obvious as to what invokes your god's wrath.

reply to post by Cuervo

What you're dealing with is different. Who's to say what entity will do what? And who's way of communicating with them is correct? Are they all correct? If so, which one has more integrity? What is the guarantee something you do won't backfire upon you?

These are things you deal with every day when you leave your house and speak to flesh and blood people. What's to say what person will do what or what language they speak? Is every person you meet correct? Are they all honest? Will a conversation back fire on you?

I'm not saying you are wrong but you are forgetting that those issues you bring up are in no way unique to communication with the other realms. We have those issues here.

reply to post by Cuervo

All I'm saying is, I want those who delve into this sort of thing to be careful. I don't WANT something bad to happen to you, anymore than I want you to burn your hand when you stick it into a fire. I can tell you that it may not be a good idea to stick your hand in the fire, but you can, you may or may not get burned, but all I'm doing is warning you of possible dangers out of care and respect.

Those clarifications do mean something to me, thanks.

All I ask is that you listen to people who speak of these things with a discernment unpolluted and without the filter of dogma or superstition. You don't have to condone a topic in order to discuss it or be fascinated by it. Knowledge is power and, as long as you don't partake, I'm sure you can get as close to the poison as you want to.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Exactly, why go to all that effort to get the odd distorted sound. If "ghosts" wanted to communicate surely there are more direct ways than this.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by transubstantiation

Exactly, why go to all that effort to get the odd distorted sound. If "ghosts" wanted to communicate surely there are more direct ways than this.

What makes either of you assume that when you die you suddenly become all knowing and attain all the knowledge in the universe. The cycle of life is a perpetual learning process. Why would you assume that when your physical existence ends you automatically have all the answers. If that were the case, there would be absolutely no reason to come back and reincarnate into these physical vessels.

Perhaps they are always communicating and that our technology is just starting to allow us to peel back the enigmatic layers of the universe. There is no possibility without a truly open mind.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing this.

I don't know how you can decipher the words that you've posted on screen (in the video). Most of them I couldn't understand. Or it just sounded like little snipets from the radio, as opposed to longer words and statements that would span multiple channels. I'm really horrible (really really horrible) at hearing EVPs, though.

Assuming all the words posted were accurate, how much of that do you believe actually came from your uncle? If all those words were spirit communications, it seems like you had a roomful of spirits (monosyllabic spirits). From my perspective, it seemed like a lot of disparate words. No cohesive conversation. And... dumb question, and my apologies... but is your name Wes? Since the box kept repeated that name, I just wondered if that was you. If so, does the ghost box often say your name? What do you think is the significance of that?

How long does the ghost box pause on a station before moving to the next? It would seem the most intriguing messages through such a device would need to span many many channels on one coherent voice, otherwise how do you know it isn't just voices on the radio - no more paranormal than flipping through the dial on your car radio and picking up little bits of conversation here and there?

Sometimes these things just seem like a big audio rorschach test. How do you, as an investigator, know when communication is "real"?

Sorry to ask so many questions, and for doing so in such a rambling kind of way. I need more coffee.

top topics

join