It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Speech This Morning Indicates Problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Bush's speach this morning just a few minutes ago indicate that there is either a major problem brewing or he is feeling ill.

Bush was late starting the meeting by almost 13 minutes. HE IS NEVER LATE and is a stickler for being on time.

He sounded tired and really un-interested in the press conference. His voice lacked enthusiasim as if there was something troubling him.

The late start could be explained by an emergancy meeting with his security staff.

Could be DoD is advising him that they are preparing to launch the attack wave on Falluja, or they could have a credible Threat Assesment and are franctically trying to do something to stop it.

This could be a bad day.

Or he just might be sick.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well you have to understand that even when he thinks he is god or jesus he is still human, and the stress of the campaing can take a toll even in the most healthy of person.

So lets see how he feels in a few more days.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
was scheduled days ago so i would not place much on that.
given the treck he and kerry burned on the last few days being exhausted is fair.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Maybe but even when Bush is tired (has happend before) he is still on time to a press conference, considering this is his first "re-election" speach you would think that this would be important to him.

My guess is that its far more then him just being tired.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I would say that he's probably just tired.

It was one buys week leading up to Tuesday's election. A lot of talking, flying, driving time...etc.

He'll bounce back in a couple of days.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Garbage, the press conference is still going on and he looks pretty much like he is enjoying himself.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Dont you worry, soon enough he will gain energy to mess something up again.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Every day is a bad day for the "president", he besmirches American history from dawn to dusk 365 days a year.

These are other possible causes for this performance too - have to check his diary:

* uncontrolled leaks of truth to public, eg Abu Ghraib prison abuse 3rd courtmartial (just after Election - phew), fraud investigations
* bad round of golf
* hung over from celebrations
* snorting injury to brain membrane
* serious pretzel injury
* fell off new Segway
* hiding an incontinence accident
* earpiece and remote control not working
* too apathetic to care any more now he seems assured of part of a second term.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Anybody can have a bad day. I personally wish Bush recovers as soon as possible.

If anything, he might have been taking stimulants during the past weeks of campaign, and it can be a simple burnout. Can happen to anybody.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The first part of the speech was just a rehash of his acceptance speech highlights. Then when he interacted with the press corps, he became more animated and even joked around a bit. I didn't spot anything out of order. Maybe just a bit of exhaustion from coming down off the roller coaster ride of the past month, but that's about it.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I watched most of the conferance and he seems irritated. Hes kinda hostile with some reporter questions and has a general attitude toward most.

I would be too, 6 months of these reporters dragging you through the mud, now they want to be buddy buddy again.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hes probably knackered, I'm thinking hes had a pretty big last couple of weeks, not to mention the last few days.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
In all probability you are all probably right that he is just tired. But I did not watch the press conference I was listening on the radio. I always listen when the President speaks because you can get more information, you are concentrating more on the tone and pitch and the verocity of his voice. I heard him makes some quips at the press when they asked multiple questions and he said just one question. He mentioned the power of the people behind him and the will of the Country had spoken. True I heard him crack the occassional joke but I think that was prompted to give a sense of "everything is normal" to the press.

His voice got very animated when he began talking about the liberation of peoples and the freedoms to vote in Afghanistan. But I still could not shake the sense that when he first came out, that there was something much more important on his mind then talking to the press. He was slow to link his words together, (more then usuall) he was fighting to keep in control and on track on what was I am sure a pre-prepared speach. There was something very distracting in his mannerisim that was not typical of him at all when he speaks to the press.

Maybe it is all due to fatigue, but there is a part of me that can just sense that something is being witheld, something is brewing and its a concern on the National level some how.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I have to agree, running a campaign that way, completely nonstop (Kerry apparently almost wasn't off the air for 12 hours the last day) is incredibly tiring. Let's drop the politics and the dislikes of one or the other for a moment.

Kerry is 60, Bush is 58. Both are in late middle-age, and although they both seem in good health, they don't necessarily have the stamina of a 25 year-old. This would be an incredible effort for any youngster, it's even more so for men their age.

They've both been running on adrenaline for weeks now, and obviously, now that it's over the adrenaline is dropping big time. They're probably both feeling the weight of fatigue right now, and so it doesn't surprise me that Bush was 13 minutes late or that he looked tired. Yesterday, when he made his victory speech, what struck me was how small his eyes were. I may really dislike the guy a LOT as president, I do recognize that as a human being he put in the long, excruciating hours it took.

new topics

top topics

join