It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brave New World or New World Order with Stephen Hawking - Reality Mining

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I tried looking for this on ATS, could not find it.

Watch this video about reality mining. Reality mining essentially uses your cellphone to track not just your movement, but your habits, your social life, what risk you are of diabetes and the list goes on. All of this, with just the fact that you have a cellphone, don't need to subscribe to anything. This is SCARY. And at the end they make an obvious push to make something like this okay.

Fact of the matter is, if its possible, they are probably already doing it. What this means is they want to do it on a more massive scale and are conditioning minds to be okay with it. A law to allow this sort of tracking will undoubtedly be enacted after the next terrorist attack (IMO), but they are prepping people so that when they said they HAVE to do it for the sake of safety, we'll be okay with it because Stephen over here says its all good.

Brave New World - Stephen Hawking
edit on 27-4-2013 by Ghandi because: (no reason given)

Note - this is only a clip, you'll have to find the full video on your own
edit on 27-4-2013 by Ghandi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That is so creepy I can't believe it. And they make it look so . . . normal . . . and even FUN!

That sort of unholy criminal snooping is why I keep my prepaid cellphone turned off and in the door-pocket of the van--to be used in case of true emergency only....

edit on 4/27/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Or the camera pointed at your face on your laptop?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It is creepy,and about to be jacked up a level when those google goggles arrive in a few months.
Those things are turning the users into private google spies for any shady company willing to pay I'll bet.
Speaking of which,does anyone know if its possible to buy a wrist wearable wifi jammer,with a small(say 5meter)range?

I know there are bigger jammers on the market,but I would imagine there is about to be a niche in the market for small,personal privacy containment wifi jammers...

Not that I do anything shady-the most interesting thing I will get caught doing would be walking my dogs in the hills,or jaguar mining with my albino ferret snails.
But why the heck should google or any other mega corp be able to film folks all over the place from millions of little cams,without peoples consent?

It will end up with millions of google gogglers all over the world,sending all that data back to all the usual abc agencies.A totalitarian wet dream...and guess what us guillible chattle will happily pay big bucks to be the spies!!!
Its win win for the watchers!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I use a cellphone to read ATS on the road, I'm in Kentucky right now they're a bunch of phone nazis around here so I have bad a signal can't see the video. Could someone elaborate on the story?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

They speak of using the cell phone/ip and such to track you,and potentially in the future be able to monitor other personal data like heart rate and more.
But the googles will take it to another level.
They will have a real time view of the entire "civilised"world soon enough.
DARPA had that as its vision about a decade or so back.
Its coming to fruition now,as planned.
The Hive mind will be theirs,not ours.

Sounds crazy?
Wait and see folks.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

S & F

This could be a very interesting and thought provoking read.

NWO or simply a Type 1 Civilization in it's infancy?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Fine with me, if they really want to know what I'm doing when no one should be looking, I'll give them more than they bargained for.

Ain't changing my ways for some peeping Toms....

edit on 27-4-2013 by terriblyvexed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This is the future happening, its not a conspiracy, regardless of the fact people will utilise this sort of data for nefarious purpose or commercial profiteering, but rather technology integrating with society to the point where it will help us evolve faster and more efficiently. Technology is a good thing.

Seen a thread here about Ian Banks dyeing, well anyone who's read his sci-fi books will kinda see parallels to this, and the Culture.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

Maybe opposite to rather than parallel to the culture.

We seem to be heading more in a sort of 1984 on steroids,with an unhealthy dose of brave new world added for good measure.
Untouchable banks+Mega Military Industrial Complex +Massive Media propaganda + GMO everything+mega ssri drugs=a strange,yet passive population who believe all the BS.
Mostly.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

My parallel was really with the citizens of the culture ability to access any piece of information at any time and in any place, nothing was hidden, everything was available, including peoples location, addresses, contact details. All information freely available at all times. Thats where were headed now and its great. But you know this military industrial complex, banks and all that jazz, to be honest man I do not really see that so much as a conspiracy either really but simply the consequence of our evolution, just one of those things we as a people have seemed to developed out of necessity for efficiency, not as if war is exactly a new thing, we have been at it for hundreds of thousands of years or more. Not much of a surprise we have things the Pentagon set up entirely dedicated to it you know.

top topics

join