It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone believe in fate/soul mates/ meeting someone from a past life? Kinda long, sorry.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So, I met my partner almost 8 years ago. This might sound awful, but at the time, I really only had an interest in a very specific type of girl [read: I had a certain fever, in my naive youthful days]. This is significant later.

I was at a placed called NYLF for exceptional students who were interested in medicine. On the fourth day, We were told to pick three lectures to go to in respective order of interest. A top-three list, I guess. I wanted cardiothoracic surgery, second choice was neurosurgery, and third choice was trauma surgery. I was very early that morning. Not like me.

I caught a glimpse of some girl, and I'll spare you the rest of the details except I swear to FSM that when I saw this girl, it was like seeing a bright light in a dark room. I was incredibly drawn to her. She was not the type of girl I had always been interested in. In fact, it turned out we were complete opposites.

Whatever, skipping ahead. She lived 500 miles away from me. It was a stupid pipe dream to imagine we could ever go that route, especially with college fast approaching. Well, she found a school in my hometown (one of the ONLY in the country with the program she wanted) and it's 8 years later and I am still utterly in love.
But wait. There was some serious turmoil in my life over the last several years. Without having her around I'd be livng in a box right now, or dead. The circumstances were such that if she hadn't been in my life, my life would have been impossible. I'll spare the details.

So, I've always had this funny feeling we were drawn together. Or had some other type of metaphysical connection before we met. Oh, I forgot to mention. I got my last choice for the lecture. so did she. Her other two were about veterinary medicine. She wanted to be a vet, not an MD. Nobody else in either of our 'groups' got their third choice.

what say you all? any insight on the so-called fates? SImilar experiences?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DarwinVsJesus

I had a similar experience. My girlfriend in 9th grade was the first and only girl I ever loved. Well we broke up and went our seperate ways. We kept in touch and popped up in each other's lives. She had a kid and I went backpacking. Well 8 years later we are married and her kid is now my kid too. I always knew we'd get married. Even through all my other relationshi*s I knew none were her or would even come close. But all my prayers were answered when she asked me to marry her. So its been a few months now and we are happier than ever. I love my soulmate the Julia Roberts look alike. I call her that all the time because she's the spitting image

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

i understand completely. i met my wife in school as well and we have been married over 3 years now. the kicker is she is from vietnam, but the connection we had was so surreal, like i knew her for as long as i can imagine. complete opposites, but we both must have felt something unexplainable to be where we are now.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well, I have run into at least three people that I knew well but had never met. It leads to a weird conversation.

In each case, we greeted each other as long lost friends, knew each others' names and occupations, names of wives and so on, but then realized we had never actually met each other, and the conversation turned to frantically trying to figure out where we had met and been good friends in the past, only to discover we had never run into each other before.

It wasn't a case of mistaken identity either, we each knew the other by name and some of the other guy's life story.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Regardless if what you think is true or not, it truly doesn't matters.

What truly matters is that you both cherish and treasure such times, for there will be ups and downs in the journey of life, but never taking the opportunity of finding that one for granted, never to make the mistakes others had made, for we have but only a short mortal lifetime....to know love and build our world and societies through such love....

Mortal dna bodies perish over time, but our souls are eternal.....

Good luck and Cheers.

edit on 27-4-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I do believe each of us has a "soulmate(s)". But maybe not so much metaphysically, as much as probability. I think each of us has the probability of one or more possible mates. Someone who is the perfect mix for us, at a given time in our lives. However, not everyone meets one of them in their lifetime, and others don't recognize when they do. If you have met one of yours, then you are very fortunate.

In addition, I believe there are people who serve a purpose in our lives for a time, or times. Just as we serve a purpose in theirs. That time can be brief, extended, permanent, or multiple appearances, and so on. The trick is to be open, and able to recognize those important pieces when they fall into place.

May your relationship accomplish in your lives what was/is meant to be accomplished.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Very astute observation. Klassified. Some people do meet *one* of their soulmates during this lifetime, and get stuck on thinking that is their *only* soulmate forever. Sometimes, it's for the lesson we need to learn, or lessen we need to teach, we are allowed to meet up again.

Des

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I love that you posted this. I feel the same way about my husband, in a full room or an empty one I always feel guided to him and also feel he is a bright light in an often dark world. We've had a few funny coincidences happen in our pasts where we've been in the same town and he wrote my birth year on his bedroom wall when he was younger, just silly little things that we enjoy hehe

I do believe that I have known him before as well, I know one other person I feel this way about and it's a friendship very different to the other ones I have.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The idea of soulmates I find intriguing and fascinating.

I read some books where it is said that our (many, many) lives are basically all planned to some extent in advance, and our soul-mate(s) might accompany us in many of them, playing a specific role for us to learn in our lives.

Interestingly, our soul mates might not always do what we want, eg. things like divorce, hurting others or falling in love but then unable to keep the person etc.etc.. are all part of the lesson.

Sometimes, the soul mates might even change gender..etc...fascinating stuff.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I met someone on the internet. We got together and broke up several times but were always drawn back to each other. We were born within a couple of weeks of each other. He has a daughter and my adoped daughter were both born on the same day. His son and my adoped daughter's bother both have the same first name. His mom and my mom both have the same first name. Just seems like too many coincidences.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The first time I went to her house, I had the shock of my life. I swear, I knew every room. I knew every picture on her mantle. I believe I had seen it before.

When she first came to visit, my parents said no, she can't come. They were fundamentalist nuts and were worried if she came to visit it would erupt into insane heathen sex. (it did, actually).

Well, I had a friend pretend to be my dad, speak to her parents, who bought it, and she was on a train two days later. My dad figured it out and said "It's okay with me. I understand she's important to you".

And when she left, she looked right at me and said "we're going to get married". We'd known each other a month. When I came back from the train station my mom knew I was heartbroken. I missed her like I've never missed anyone. She asked me if I was okay, and I was truthful; I said no. Then I had the saddest two hours I've ever had.

It turns out that she has been an enormous help in my mother's life as well. My dad left my mom, and my mom isn't mentally well. She's helped her get through a lot. Without this girl in my life, I would have none.

I have always, always felt like I have loved her before. I never believed in these things. My family was torn to pieces, but because of hers, I still feel like I have one. I just don't believe it was coincidence.

The forum I went to has 40 sessions in 10 different cities. She was supposed to go to washington DC, I was supposed to go to the place I went, but at a later time. Both were full. She wanted to go to washington to visit a boy she met years before and liked. By all accounts, the universe wanted us together.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Oh, tiny coincidence. Our phone numbers both ended in 2340.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The principal question is not why you suddenly meet a person who seems so familiar and important. The question is, why the rest of the people are so unfamiliar and often hard to deal with. If we were all 'connected', as somebody says, we'd never experience such thing as meeting a 'soul mate'. Everyone would be our soul mates. But that's not the case. I've met about 4-5 people whom I could name my 'soul mates', but with different degrees of closeness. And none of them accompanied me in this life for too long. Meeting them was like saying 'Oh! Is that you? Can't believe you are here, too!'. It was like meeting someone with whom you graduated from the same school or uni and then your ways parted. But I also felt I was not here to spend the whole life with them. In no way it would be appropriate for my goals. I don't know what those goals are, but I feel like I have to live my life among other types of people, teach them something and learn from them.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
What I'm describing is very different than just meeting someone you know without knowing, or a soul-mate. That's part of it. But I am specifically talking about being metaphysically connected to a single person and coming to meet this person, by circumstances that are beyond fortuitous.

On the second last day at the forum, we were at a water park, we decided to feed ducks. I love birds.
She took my hand and that's when it hit me. I didn't realize right away that I 'knew' her. She took my hand and it felt familiar.

I also remember the first night we met where we walked back to our dorms from the nightly social. We walked together, away from everyone else and alone. There were fireflies wherever we went. I didn't see fireflies for the rest of the 10 days. This is probably nothing, but it felt special.

This is more than a single 'soul mate' among many. I have met another girl who I consider my soul mate. we don't talk as much because she moved, but she was my best friend. I actually didn't really like my spouse that much when we first met. She was pretty, but that's not what caught my eye. She literally lit up while the rest of the world was dark, for just a second. It was 3:32pm on july 24, 2005 when I knew I would love her. Up until then I just enjoyed her company. [Also, I was sort of trying (and succeeding!) to court another girl of the type I had always wanted, I quickly forgot about this girl.

So, again; do the fates exist? do they guide certain people together? I think they do.

Thanks to everyone who shared personal stories; really wonderful to hear these things.

I know I'm with someone I've loved in lifetimes before. I'm certain. I'm sure someone else out there also knows this.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Not sure about meeting someone from a past life, but definitely believe in past lives (and have been regressed myself through two past lifetimes - I'm a pretty young soul), so I guess it's possible.

I just don't know how you'd recognize them.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I don't know if soulmates exist. But if they do, I suspect I've met at least one.

On my first day of middle school I saw someone staring at me from across a sea of people in the school yard, and I instantaneously felt that I knew him. We stared at one another for nearly an hour before the bell rang, and once we got to class we instantly went to each other and started talking. We both told each other of our powerful sense of already knowing the other.

We became best friends. He once sketched a drawing of a dream I had during a nap one day and explained the meaning of it to me. It was an insight into the emotions of the dream that shouldn't have been possible. It is possible that it was a lucky guess and all of this was coincidence. But it was a powerful experience.

It is arguable that I haven't had a closer friend in the 20+ years since then.

I've also met someone before online who I instantly felt a strange sense of kinship with. We would joke that we were platonic soulmates because we were as close as two people can be without being lovers, and we both sort of suspect that that limitation was only because we were both with people at the time who we deeply loved and were committed to. We have often talked about how we were the right people at the wrong time for one another. We continue to share a deep bond.

Peace.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The atmosphere in this topic allows me to feel comfortable to make a post. There are people who indeed feel something when meeting the specific person for the first time. Past lives and the people from "these times" would be something very exciting to remember.
I don't know if I have met any soul mates already, but there is a number of beings that I could considering being among them. I can feel some kind of unexplained attraction and respect about them, and it doesn't faint away. These people are in FL, MT, Europe and East. Though I've never attempted to find out whether they really are my soul mates.
However, I can claim that one of the moments of some past live(s) I can remember the best is... the love. This so-called "memory" involves a weird place which I hardly can relate with any location on the surface. Some glimpses and unexplained connections allows me to come to logical conclusions that I could have lived in Iowa and Arizona, but the location, I'm talking about at the moment, is somewhat different.
I remember very close bonds with a number of beings that I felt unconditional love to. In fact, such description would be too plain because that feeling was more than just love, it was the fulfilling awesomeness! Neither of us had the human appearance, by the way, but our shadows should have more or less looked like of the human. I told them I had decided to leave "that place" for a period of time for some reason. They didn't want me to leave but I had already made up my mind. I can still remember that feeling of love I felt. It would be save to say I love them even now, I guess I feel the (hard to explain) their "presence"/existence or that they're alive. We were a group of close ones.
This is where logic mind starts giving explanations and relations about that. If we had been Reptilians in some of the US underground bases, this is likely to have been at New Mexico (e.g. Dulce base), however I have strong connections with AZ. As far as I have managed to discover, among the AZ bases there hasn't been reported any which would include human cooperation with aliens. The desire to meet "my group members" is still strong...
Who knows, I could've met already some (or none) of them during the supposed event of which memory recall leads to "remembering" the events "that didn't happen": encounter with the lights, emitted from the flying object, taking/moving people or objects through solid material walls, and the calm conversation (with no words or voices, just with thoughts).

Going back to the topic, using the previously mentioned example I could say that soul mates should not be considered as humans only. You could've been an animal, you could've been an alien.

When you meet the one from the past , you'll at least feel familiar with that person. The same goes to the activities you had or enjoyed, likely including the music too.
edit on 2-5-2013 by juozazole because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2013 by juozazole because: spelling

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I absolutely believe that,in fact i know it-there are quite a few such people in my life at present,and has been in the past.It can be part of working out karmic matters/problems from past lives,in many cases.Interesting thread.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
For sure I've had this scenerio play out several times in my life. Though I come to realize there is not just 1 soulmate for you but many. Past life scenerio happened several times as well.

One case:

The God Father to my daughter for example. Never knew him. I was friends with one of his friends. I was 20yrs old and the friend we both knew brought me over. As if a light went off, we kicked it off like we've known each other all our lives and became better / best friends and the individual who introduced us faded into the unknown.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone.

It's funny you mention music. My spouse and I don't share much music in common now, but we did when we met. And we still share *some* music.

What I still can't get over is how I knew her house so well. There are also moments of sadness in my life that corresponded precisely to moments of sadness in hers, before we met each other. I felt sad when she did, and vice versa. Not every time, but during some major events.

I really never imagined this being my life. I really saw myself with (other type of girl, creepy?) and since I met my spouse I have completely lost this. I have never given it a second thought.

The day I met her, we spent the whole day together and we immediately discovered that we had the same dark sense of humor, quite unusual in that setting. I am normally not comfortable around people I don't know, but I never even gave that any thought; I was right at home, as it were.

I'm sure there are other soulmates out there. I believe I know one of them, she was a girl I spent two years courting. She was in an abusive relationship. The night before I left for the forum she spent the night and it was everything I ever wanted. I came home 10 days later, and after knowing the girl this post was originally about fo 6 days, I told the other girl (who I'd been courting....) that I had met someone and inexplicably couldn't pursue the relationship anymore. But we were close.

and there's one other girl, who I was intimate with way back when, but she came back into my life quite suddenly several years ago as a friend; she's my best friend. She was there when I was all alone when my spouse left for a summer to visit family. I think I'll always love this girl, but it's just not the same feeling.

I felt committed to my spouse right away. She's more than a soul-mate. Some people are just made for each other.

maybe one day if I'm feeling brave I'll share the poetry I'd written about meeting her, when we'd met. It's eerie looking back.

Yes, I write poetry. My favorite poem is "poem in october" by dylan thomas, but my favorite poet is ee. cummings.

Interestingly, my five favorite cummings poems were her five favorite cummings poems.

edit on 5-5-2013 by DarwinVsJesus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join