It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Juvenile crime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I think there has got to be a way of dealing with the wee bas*ards that graffiti and smash their cider bottles around the back of my flat. Last night somebody shot my front window with an air gun.
The police can't do anything apart from take them home to their parents who are either junkies or scumbags anyway and don't care.
What can be done?

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Do you own a firearm?

If so, find a likely way to lure them into your house then pop a round into their heads. Next call the police and report that you just shot a intruder. cooperate with police problem solved. So long as the body/ies are within your dwelling you where in the right.

[Edited on 13-5-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 06:25 AM
link   
hey Lexus read this about what someones been doing about it round my way

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   
ADVISOR, Lexus Panther lives in Scotland and the UK views gun ownership and shooting people very differently than Americans.

A farmer in Kent was jailed for murder for shooting some thieves who continually broke into his property.

England is a tightly controlled country in many ways and most British folks dislike firearms. They are constantly making comments about all the shootings and murders in America. Here the usual police constable only carries mace and a baton for self-defense.

Lexus Panther, I see a lot of teenage vandalism here in Newcastle. There are always groups of teenagers loitering on the streets without anything to do and just looking for some excitement. My neighbours car was set on fire right in front of her house. Another neighbour had his shiny black Mercedes badly damaged one night.

Dealing with teenage vandalism is like trying to stop the wind from blowing.

I believe this problem stems from the nuclear family environment within the home. Perhaps if the teenagers were loved, respected and affirmed by their parents they would have different vlaues and not need to commit petty crimes. Once they have become restless and rebellious, it's a little too late to cap the bottle.

Politicians like to promote social change programmes, but so often those are either neglected or abused by the one's they're intended to help.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepwaters
ADVISOR, Lexus Panther lives in Scotland and the UK views gun ownership and shooting people very differently than Americans.

A farmer in Kent was jailed for murder for shooting some thieves who continually broke into his property.

That changes everything. Find someone who breed Makitas or Newfoundlands (K-9/dogs) get one and put him on a lease that reaches to the edge of the property. If thats too much trouble, pay half my airline fees and I'll personally abuse my diplomatic rights to resecure you sanity.

I havnt studied foreign laws, perhaps going to the parents house or asking the constables to walk thier beat in your area for awhile might change the ways these kids act. Or even better just get a few of your buddies together and ambush them with paint filled water baloons, marking them for the police.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I like the way you're thinking ADVISOR, but deepwaters is right I'd have a bit of explaining to do

Sorry cassini I just wouldn't feel like Charles Bronson in a skintight lycra suit

Just have to get the old bat out its wrapper

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Give them a good clip round the ear or shoot the little sods in the leg with an air rifle. It wont hurt them seriously and I guarantee they wont do it again.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
OK, i had this discussion before with some WW2 Vets they said that everyone used to have to do 2 years national service, and serve in the British Army. now i am not in favour of conscription BUT in those days you didnt have all this die hard $#iT going on because those that went through military service came out well disciplined

heres what i reckon they should do in britain

bring back national service but put people who do not want a career in the military in the territorial army (our equivelant of the national guard advisor)

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Fully agree with that last one.

Why not use some of the money (our money) thats spent on weapons and wars use it to solve issues like this one.

x

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by boomhaur
Why not use some of the money (our money) thats spent on weapons and wars use it to solve issues like this one.

x

Because you cant stop juvenile crime. Kids will always act immature and as long as boredom and peer pressure exists, so will juvenile crime.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 08:19 AM
link   
thats a fair point by tetsuo

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Why don't you do something positive?

Gather data... if it's happening to you, it's happening to others. Chat up folks and see if you can figure when it's happening and how often it's happening. Have a group approach the police and ask for extra patrols.

Then ask to speak at your city council meeting (or whatever you have that passes for a town meeting) and have a group of you express concerns about the problem and urge the city to do something for that area. Find out who your local representative is and meet with them... and then meet with local reporters about the issue.

A number of organizations (such as the police) have civilian programs (including citizen patrols and other such things.) Instead of sitting and waiting to throw rocks at them (which will only aggravate things and make you a concentrated target) or setting loose dogs (which can be poisoned), take steps to stop it.

The steps I mentioned above can be done with less than a week's worth of effort. They're high profile and more likely to get results.

Aggression really won't solve this. Community effort will.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Byrd continues to make just too much sense here!

And excellent points! We have the 'block watch' program in my area. Search for "block watch" or "how to start a block watch" for more info. If you're fed up with the crime, there are probably others that feel that same way that would love to get involved. Most local police here are happy to work with our block watch programs, don't hesitate to get in touch with them. It's not uncommon for people in my are to call them to let them know when we're away on vacation or simple things like a funeral (common for criminals to read the obits then know when you're away). Also get in touch with other community groups, we have the 'kiwanis' and Rotary club - even those 'evil' freemasons might have a program or be willing to help.

Beyond the obvious reasons, you're property value will increase also!!!

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I'll try the local police first and see what happens.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Little bastarding neds. There's millions of them down my way.

new topics

top topics

join