It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Store Clerk Charged With Assault And Battery After Whipping Another Mother's Child.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Tranceopticalinclined

"Anger management for the store clerk."

Buddy if someone hit my kid with a belt 48(Edit Turns out it was only 25 times) times at the very least they are going to get a good few stitches. No ifs, no buts, no coconuts!

There is chastising a child, then there is this which amounts to serious assault with a deadly weapon!

edit on 26-4-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
True but there is also a court of law we both have to own up too for our actions. I would like to be here to keep raising my kids, therefor allow the clerk to have some counseling elsewhere. I however will bring a lawyer to help reeducate him another more meaningful way.

Money talks, Bullshat walks.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

What is wrong with you? Just using the quote as an assinine example because there is absolutely no excuse for the way some people are raising their kids today, especially among the "20 something" bunch. My kids are in their 20s (one of them is a parent) and when I witness how the majority of their friends deal with their children it makes me sick. Basically the parents can barely get their noses out of their electronic devices long enough to feed or bathe their kids, much less supervise their play. They expect whoever else in in the vicinity to get their child a drink, a snack, change diaper or take to the restroom, entertain them, etc. while they are glued to Facebook, Twitter, video games, etc. And discipline? Forget it- it's not happening.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

I think the incident was captured on the stores CCTV system, the child was pulled behind the counter then assaulted so no chasing.

Wrightsville Police Chief Paul Sterling said Logan was running around in the store and got into a confrontation with Bell, 39. Bell told investigators that Logan threw a cookie at her and that's when she removed her belt, chased the boy down and spanked him behind the counter.

Source

The boy described Bell chasing him around the store before she allegedly whacked him with a belt behind a counter.

Source

Apparently, he was chased down. There were also 25 licks, not 48.

edit on 26-4-2013 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
As to the parents having to attend better parenting class we would need to have background reports from social work before we could ascertain whether or not these are required or not. Kids run off in supermarkets and stores all the time, least they did in my day!

yes kids DO run off in stores, that IS NOT an excuse for letting them. there are ways of dealing with it. i was one who would do that, my parents fixed it by getting a LEASH/harness, to make sure i didn't run off, problem solved. perhaps we should have the "leash laws for children" as Dan Fielding from Night Court always wanted. that certainly would have kept this from happening.

we have a 3 year old in my currant household, who likes to run off while we are in the grocery store. guess what there is ALWAYS someone right behind her. we don't just let her take off by herself. even knowing this, her mother never takes more than a couple of seconds to notice she is gone, even while she is busy shopping, and will IMMEDIATELY look for her. THAT is how a REAL parent reacts. not like someone who has no clue in a small store that her child is calling out for help.

no the mother in this case has shown beyond a doubt that she is a BAD parent, and should be delt with severely for letting her child get into a dangerous situation, seemingly without a care. perhaps if uncaring parents like this got nailed and heavily far more often people would actually start to pay proper attention to their kids and what they do. not to mention that if the kid was taught things like manners and how to act this wouldn't have happened in the first place.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Yes the article says "chased him behind the counter where she began spanking him with her belt.“, don't know where I got pulled, still I imagine behind the counter is conviently out of view. As to the amount of times the kid was assaulted with the belt whether it be 25 times, 48 times or a hundred times, its a belt, even once would constitute assaulting a minor with a weapon. That's prison time in my book!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

No, it isn't just you! I don't know exactly why but when Hillary Clinton started making speeches about how "It takes a village to raise a child" apparently some idiots took it wrong and decided that real parenting wasn't their responsibility anymore- that everybody else should do their job for them, minus any sort of discipline (and that doesn't mean just spanking).
reply to post by littled16

I've discovered that a LOT of parents expect the school to raise their children. We're supposed to teach them manners, proper behavior, etiquette.....in addition to actual school subjects.

I've noticed this trend increasing in the last few years.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I cannot stand reading ignorant replies by those who think the boy should of been hit or disciplined in this fashion. So what, the mother wasn't watching the kid. Obviously, he doesn't have the best upbringing, but the facts are the store clerk assaulted the boy. Plain and simple and deserves a long prison sentence.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
My children never leave my sight when we are in public...ever! So, I can venture to say that this would never happen to me.

Having said that, if another adult ever lays a finger on my child....my gentle nature would instantly turn aggressively violent.

No one messes with my boys....no one!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
As an adult, there is almost NO reason to EVER strike another's child. The ONLY exception to this is if the kid really has the means to cause you actual harm (like if he or she has a weapon), and even then, your goal should be to neutralize the threat, not the child. This kind of thing can absolutely RUIN your life. The clerk is lucky if she doesn't get charged with Child Abuse, and have her own kids taken (if she has them). All because of ONE stupid act.

Sure, the mother is completely irresponsible, but that doesn't give YOU the right to intervene. The clerk should have sought out the parent....

As to the amount of times the kid was assaulted with the belt whether it be 25 times, 48 times or a hundred times, its a belt, even once would constitute assaulting a minor with a weapon. That's prison time in my book!

All depends on the state, but very few allow belt spanking. Most are open hand states. (personally, I think it's ridiculous, there is a pretty easy definable line between spanking and abuse, for almost anyone with an ounce of common sense).
edit on 26-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

25 times has got to be considered child abuse, even once is bad enough. They stopped using the belt as corporal punishment just a few years before I started school here in Scotland. I do however remember my parents and grandparents recounting there experience of "The belt" as they put it, very grim indeed, and that was on there hands never mind there arse!

To commit such an act against a little lad is deplorable and inexcusable!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Wow....

What a dumb worker and what dumber parents for not watching their kid!!

I've been in many Dollar Generals they aren't that big. How did they not hear this kid yelling or hear the commotion this kid was causing?

I know from experience working in retail that many parents think you are a darn babysitter when they go in to shop. They let their kids run rampant around the store and do nothing to stop them.

I remember these little kids all under the age of 8 I would say and they were playing in our storefront windows. We had mannequins and shelving in there and they were CLIMBING it! I went and told them to please get out of our windows and not to play in them because it was dangerous for them. Their mother comes storming up behind me telling me NOT to tell her kids what to do and that they can go wherever they please. I told her if she didn't watch her kids she could leave and that it wasn't our responsibility to watch her kids while she shopped. She got nasty with me and I called mall security. I had her trespassed from the store. I never put up with kids who were disrespectful and I sure as heck didn't put up with irresponsible parents! I would never in a million years strike anothers child. There are ways around a misbehaved child that don't involved spanking them with a belt when it's not even your kid!!

Why weren't the parents watching their own darn child! I see this way too much out in public and it annoys the hell out of me. I had a kid push me recently and I'm friggin pregnant! I friggin snapped and in true fashion the trashy parents did nothing but curse at me. I told them they needed to watch their kid and teach him manners!

We did have one guy who I wanted to give a medal to lol His kid was running around and in and out of the racks. His dad told him to stop multiple times and even popped his rear once. The kid KEPT doing it and eventually knocked over and entire rack and in the process cut himself. We all thought oh great law suit now. Nope the father yelled at the kid and told him he got what he deserved for not listening. He made the kid apologize to us and he made him pick up all the clothes he knocked on the floor. Honestly we were shocked because the store we worked in was not one that had parents who watched their kids. They would literally come in and run around while the mothers tried on clothes. This father was great and he apologized to us for his sons behavior.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by jimmyx

What is wrong with you? Just using the quote as an assinine example because there is absolutely no excuse for the way some people are raising their kids today, especially among the "20 something" bunch. My kids are in their 20s (one of them is a parent) and when I witness how the majority of their friends deal with their children it makes me sick. Basically the parents can barely get their noses out of their electronic devices long enough to feed or bathe their kids, much less supervise their play. They expect whoever else in in the vicinity to get their child a drink, a snack, change diaper or take to the restroom, entertain them, etc. while they are glued to Facebook, Twitter, video games, etc. And discipline? Forget it- it's not happening.

AMEN!!!

I cringe at how I see young parents esp in the age group you mentioned. I witness it almost everytime I"m out in public! It is just crazy. They expect everyone else to be their babysitter!

I was at a pool party with a friend a while back and had to save the owner of the houses baby. I think the kid was or under 2yrs. We were all by the pool and the littlest one jumped in. I sat there for a sec and realized he couldnt friggin swim! I immediately jumped in the pool and got him out. NOBODY was paying attention to this little baby around a pool! What idiot parents get a pool where one the mother can't swim and two their kids can't swim and three they put nothing around it to block them from falling in and four they give them nothing like a life jacket swim suit! OMG I was so pissed at what had happened. The mother was lazy and I knew how she was previously and this just solidified it for me. She expected everyone else to watch her kids if they were there. I mean she has a baby and was inside most of the time drinking!! I couldn't believe it! I never went back over there again and i do not talk to her anymore. I found the whole situation disturbing. I always wonder what would have happened if i had not have been there?! That kid would have friggin drowned!! It still makes me upset to think about. What really bothered me was how the mother just kind of joked at the situation and didn't take it seriously. It's like hello you could have lost your damn kid today! Why not pay attention to your child and not the alcohol! Ugh....

edit on 4/26/2013 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
sounds to me the parents should be charged with child neglect as well as the clerk charged with like 30 days in jail like someon ebefore me said I think that would be a good lesson to teach both of them. Put them in a cell together maybe they can learn from each other and both learn a good lesson..

Don't hit other peoples kids, and if you are going to have kids learn how to be a parent, actually watch your kids, if your kids are screaming you should probably see why, if you cant hear them you need a hearing aide or I guess you should actually be watching them to avoid them having troubles.

I place more blame in the parents then the clerk. I am tired of morons with a bunch of kids running around in stores and restaurants doing whatever they want, yelling, throwing stuff around and making a mess.

My daughter is 11 and she always stays with us in the store, she doesn't act like a moron, and we would never and have never had a problem like this because we actually parent our child and no we don't even have to spank her...

This world is going to hell because of idiots like these parents raising idiot kids that have no discipline the kid will probably end up in juvy and a few years later he will have a long term tour of a local prison. He can thank his parents for that.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Bah...generations of kids were spanked with belts and switches, and you certainly never heard our parents or grandparents call it "abuse"....

As for this "parent"....too many these days seem to simply ignore it when their kids act up in public...I'm sure this parent was one of those. Still, the worker should have gone to the kid's mom and explained the kid's behavior, and/or asking that they leave the store. For sheer stupidity, the clerk deserves what's coming.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

The store worker was o.t.t. In her response to the badly behaved child, it is true.

I would be asking the parents why their awful brat was behaving badly, and they were'nt aware of his whereabouts at the time of the incident ?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

"Bah...generations of kids were spanked with belts and switches, and you certainly never heard our parents or grandparents call it "abuse"...."

That's because they probably identified said acts as normality.

Lots of things have happened in the past that do not happen today, that's progress. You catch more fly's with honey rather than vinegar. And this spare the rod, spoil the child crap harkens back to a bygone age that should be long forgotten considering the atrocities committed against humanity, children and women in particular!

Teach them right from wrong and no more is required than a simple tap on the back of the legs when and if required, maybe at the very most a cuff around the lug hole!

The day I need to lift a weapon against my children in anger is one I hope will never come!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

You are quite right, teach them right from wrong. At a very young age. Unfortunately, this does not appear to be happening nowadays. Parents seem to think it is the school teachers job. It js not, and by then it is probably too late, anyway....

My generation didn't step out of line, otherwise we understood the consequences, and as long as the punishment wasn't out of proportion, I think we learnt respect and self discipline, as a result....

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

I'm 37, child of the 80s. When I was out of order as a kid usually all my Mum or Dad had to do was raise there tone of there voice and I new better, sometimes I would get a smack on the arse or cuff round the head when I managed to do something pretty naughty!

No need for weapons just diligence, perseverance and manners.

Its monkey see monkey do after all!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
cool

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join