It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS Right of passage: I finally created my avatar. Sort of.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
After much research, instruction, tips, trial-and-error, hemming-and-hawing, and self-doubt, I finally have an image to represent myself on ATS. I felt compelled to post this thread about it because it's a milestone moment, almost as big as when I registered and made my first post. I was never one to do the proper "intro thread" - so here's my intro: my ATS image.

I have to say that one of the things I love about ATS is its semi-non-accessibility. Figuring out this avatar thing was a lesson in patience, and a way to understand how the ATS community works. Fly-by-nights need not apply - this is loud and clear. I'm just scratching the surface but I guess I've put my stake in the ground. Because I'm planning to stay.

other. potato.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This I respect.
I love your Avatar and look forward to your posts on ATS.
Checked out your profile and this thread I have not seen before -> www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just putting it out their.
edit on 4/24/2013 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by otherpotato

I like your avatar. It's soothing and calm, unlike mine. I'm sure people who hate clowns just love it when I post something.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Nice avatar, and congrats.

I felt the same way when I finally learned how to embed pics.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Good stuff...

One question though...

What other potato?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by madmangunradio

Thank you. You have no idea how long it took me to do this.

I would actually prefer to be known for this thread. If I could only figure out the signature thing.

Girl Interrupted was my first exposure to the incredible nature of the ATS community. That thread will always have a place in my heart.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

I like your avatar. It's soothing and calm, unlike mine. I'm sure people who hate clowns just love it when I post something.

I have seen your avatar many times and I always think I love John Malkovitch and Morgan Freedman. I just never understand why they are clowns....

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Good stuff...

One question though...

What other potato?

Good question

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

It was two contest drawings I found on the internet and I loved them so much I made them into one, added a space background, changed one eye color with a few other things and the rest is history.
If I remember correctly the contest was to make your favorite actor into a clown. The Malkovich won first place and I think the Freeman was second.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I never noticed Malkovich had two different eye colors... That's brilliant. Are you an artist?

Edit to add: duh. Of course you are an artist (slinking away now).
edit on 24-4-2013 by otherpotato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That potato over a jar with toothpicks. hovering an inch from the water wondering wtf. Throws down and reaches for the water only to watch us dumbass humans watching its struggle. I am in a bad mood

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I'm sure I'm going to regret posting that.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I will tell you the secret of the otherpotato if you PM me. That's all I can give you for your bad mood....

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Hey, cool! I like it!
(weird! I'm in Anaheim right now, visiting Disneyland for the first time [didn't see any illuminati symbols worth mentioning yet...although the Indiana Jones ride is centered around a story involving "the forbidden eye", and I remember something about some king and he had the head of an eagle, but I can't quite remember where I saw it...I guess

those were worth mentioning] and we are in bed in our motel room now, we are from a place very close to Seattle, and anyway, my two companions fell asleep with the tv on, CSI las Vegas is on,.and there was a commercial break, and between the end of the commercial break and the continuing of the program, I just looked up at the screen for no reason, cor the first time in about an hour, I've been texting people and going online so I haven't looked up for a while, and when I looked up, it showed an image of the

Space Needle, that wasn't part of any of the commercials or the show. Maybe it was part of a commercial though, cause I wasn't watching them, but it just kinda appeared out of nowhere, no sound or anything, and after a few seconds, the program CSI began to play. Even if it was a "lost" section of some ad, strange that it just popped out at me, and the "glitch"

only contained the Space Needle and that's it... You know, they did a made for tv movie called 10.0 about a mega earthquake and the space needle crashes down to the ground. Also, when I looked up, it was right as I was reading my first thread on ats, this one, so I had just gotten on ats and opened up several threads, so my mind was already in "that" zone... You know, the one where predictions on ats COULD actually come true haha...) I know exactly how you feel...you see, I also decided somewhat recently that I needed a little something to stand out, so I made my own avatar finally! It was red, and now, its blue
who knows what I'll do with it next!?

edit on 4/25/2013 by 3n19m470 because: just gave you your 90th flag on the G,I thread. i remember reading it, but it mustve touched me too much to poat, and i mustve left abruptly and on a rare occassion for me, actually forgot to give a flag my first time around. if i had replied, i would get all emotional and tell you its alright and everything will be ok and you can talk to me anytikm

edit on 4/25/2013 by 3n19m470 because: anytime (it cut me off or i hit enter on my phone by mistake.) and here is my contact info. Yes, i do that to people, to strangers on the internet. im weird. i know. but for a crazy guy im actually really non judgemental and easy to talk to and i take offense to nothing. But then sometimes i tell myself i cant just do this to every person who has had a bad experience in life, and when i read your thread mustve been one of those moments or more likely i noticed others were being nice and helpful enough so i just may not have sensed any real need for my presence.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Beautiful avatar!!!

new topics

top topics

join