It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question on near death experiences .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear freedomSlave,

Perhaps it was the other way around, perhaps this representation is more dreamlike than our eternal reality. After my NDE, I began researching what others had said about theirs. There are a couple of things that I found consistent with those whose experiences I accepted as most likely to be truthful. One of the biggies was that they said that the experience was more real than real. This has also recently been written about by some researchers, turns out I was right and that this is what most say.
That's what I mean or getting at the dreams were more real than this place with my father .

I consider this place practice for the afterlife, it is an opportunity to be challenged and define ourselves and understand ourselves. How many people do you know that talk about what they would do if confronted by someone; but, when it happens they fold like a cheap paper cup. We have all had experiences where we did things that we thought we would not or did things that we never thought we could or would. Life is where those beliefs are tested and we demonstrate what we really believe.

I can agree with that , I have often pondered if this is just another stage of life , the first was in the womb then we are born , and then next step after we die .
On the other hand what about people who are bad and do bad things who don't seem to learn , or who have abnormal brains that they cannot help themselves doing bad things or don't realize what they are doing is wrong.
I think reincarnation could be a very strong possibly for those who didn't make it the first time around .

I will not and have not ever gone into much detail about personal NDE, nor do I intend to online. I will say this, when you know you are about to die, you look at your life and ask what it meant and you see yourself for who you are, with all of life's issues left meaningless, you can see yourself clearly. I was okay with myself for the most part, none of us are perfect; but, I was good with my effort. The deepest truth in the universe that we can know is who we are and it takes a whole lifetime to do that. In my humble opinion.

I can respect that that was a very personal experience for you .
I wish there was a meaning for life I try my best to be a good man, husband, father, friend. I try to be open minded and never hold onto anything as an absolute truth . Even if there is no meaning and this our only shot at this there really isn't much I would change .

edit on 25/4/13 by freedomSlave because: quoting issues my fault

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
reply to post by sandman441

I find the O.B.E fascinating. from what I been reading about peoples experiences online is that is that people can accurately describe whats going on around them .

yeah it was pretty amazing, it seemed everything was a little brighter but I could see everything going on. Even though I was in street clothes (sweats and a t-shirt) even though it was probably 10-20 degrees outside I didn't feel cold at all.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Dear freedomSlave,

I can agree with that , I have often pondered if this is just another stage of life , the first was in the womb then we are born , and then next step after we die . On the other hand what about people who are bad and do bad things who don't seem to learn , or who have abnormal brains that they cannot help themselves doing bad things or don't realize what they are doing is wrong. I think reincarnation could be a very strong possibly for those who didn't make it the first time around .

So what about "bad" people. There is none good but God and life is about learning. Think of the story of the prodigal sun, we all make mistakes; but, we should pray that those who do, learn to be better. Life is a chance to be better. I don't want justice, I want forgiveness and am willing to give it. I had to learn that. As for people not understanding what they do is wrong, then it is not held against them.

As for reincarnation, nope, I don't believe in it. There is no second chance at defining yourself. Life is about deciding who you are. Peace.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join