It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Neglect of Tariq Aziz: A Letter From His Son…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This email was forwarded to my mother by fax, who since forwarded it onto me in paper form. Besides I don’t want to publish the email address, so you’ll have to take this purely on a trust basis…
Mikhail Yuhanna Tariq Aziz was Iraq’s Foreign Minister and most senior Christian figure in Iraq’s (then) multi-cultural, and multi-religious government (under Saddam Hussein).
An great English speaker, he often briefed our foreign media…

Tariq never lied, especially when he repeatedly said to all the world “Iraq has no Weapons of Mass destruction” or when he stated Iraq had no intentions to threaten Western interests at all. In fact: (unlike our governments) I’d be surprised if he lied at all –yet he’s the one suffering indefinitely in prison…

From Ziad Tariq Aziz
“It has been ten years since my father had been taken into custody by the American forces, it also the anniversary of the assassination attempt he survived in 1980. This attempt on his life, which led to the death of innocent civilian bystanders, was planned and executed by the same people who are ruling Iraq today, and who are planning to execute him again, slowly and this time with nobody to see.
On the most recent visit to prison he is being in Baghdad, my mother and sisters found out that he had suffered his fourth stroke since 2003, he fell on the floor in the middle of the night and was left in his cell the whole time till morning. He has not been visited by a doctor, nor was he taken to hospital, nor was he offered any kind of medical attention since the stroke. Was it not for cell mate who tried to take care of him to the best of his ability, and for the grace of God, I can not think what might have happened to him.
His ability to speak coherently is basically diminished, my mother and sisters can barely make out what he was saying to them. There were also inflammations and diabetic ulcers on his feet and legs, which could lead to gangrene and, if no immediate treatment and care were to be provided, amputation.
He never had these ulcers before, and he is only having them now because of the neglect he has been treated with.
As I said above, the same people who tried to assassinate him in 1980 are trying to assassinate him now. They claim to be the beacon of human rights, and democracy for the region, but they lack any compassion or humanity whatsoever. They have a specific agenda, they are not interested in justice, they only want revenge.
My family and I urge you to inform the international community and world press through your channels, of my fathers situation. My father’s situation is deteriorating by the day and I am truly afraid of what the future might hold if he is not provided with the proper care and treatment he desperately needs immediately.
I thank you in advance for any help you can provide, I trust you will try your best.
I thank you for lending a sympathetic ear, and warm heart.
I wish you a happy Easter, and I pray that god bless you and yours.
Yours Sincerely
Ziad Tariq Aziz”

My View…
For me, the problem with this email is that Aziz is right that Iraq’s current leaders lack any humanity or compassion whatsoever. As such Iraq will never be a successful to democracy, because in order to have democracy you must at least start with if not a decent number of human beings, then at least a decent number of human beings who possess some very basic values.

By locking up an old man who possess a threat to no one, reveals something lacking in one area, that also seems to be lacking in all others.
If only we had kept Saddam…
1. Far less people would be dying in Iraq every week
2. It’s economy would be booming (like 1991, and it’s people would enjoy gender rights as they did till 2003).
3. We would not have to be so paranoid of Iran.

Saddam’s rule may have been far from perfect but it was (in comparison to the present) the lesser of two evils. One reason why the current government can’t get a grips with religious extremists s because it actually sides with some! One reason why it can’t build anything is because it’s infinitely more corrupt than Saddam –who actually did things to please everybody like subsidise food, water & education.

Whatever the case if the Iraqi government could share compassion towards it’s enemy’s, maybe peace would not be as distant as it currently is? Just my two cents.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
never mind
edit on 22-4-2013 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

Not only is there a lack of humanity and compassion in Iraq, it can also be seen in other governments around the world. Then they wonder why their respective populations don't trust them and see them as part of the problem.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I would ask, as far as justice goes, 'What did he know and when did he know it?"
The regime that he was the official government spokesman for was about as cruel as you can get in this so-called modern age. Was Saddam innocent of any charges? If not that the spokesman had the choice, get the Hell outta Dodge or repeat what he was paid to do. He chose to linger to the very end. Most of Iraq's problems even today are a hold over of the extreme brutality that Saddam taught the culture and society as he ruled. There are no excuses. Saddam pleaded much the same I would say that Aziz is lucky he was not hanged with the others.

As for his poor health, as a person probably older that Aziz, I say that goes with the territory It happens whether you have been a saint or a complicit, compliant buddy of a killer. Sometimes it gets too late to ask for mercy.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Aliensun

The regime that he was the official government spokesman for was about as cruel as you can get in this so-called modern age.

Err… excuse me but unlike (e.g.) our best buddies in Saudi Arabia they did not…
1. Practice crucifixion

Saudi seven face crucifixion and firing squad for armed robbery
One of group to be executed, speaking from cell on smuggled phone, says most of ring were juveniles at time of thefts www.guardian.co.uk...

2. Execute homosexuals

A British man was arrested and beaten in Saudi Arabia by religious police when they discovered he was gay.

Stephen Comiskey, a 36-year-old nurse, was threatened with beheading and thrown in a cell, the Sun reports. www.pinknews.co.uk...

3. Ban Christian worship
Lots of stories here… www.persecution.org... there is not a single church in this kingdom named after just one family.

And you say Saddam’s Iraq was about as bad as it gets?
Haven’t you heard anything about today’s Iraq? It’s far worse for everyone, be them Western (target for terrorists) or natives (target for mostly brutal kidnappers, plus many terrorists).

Saddam’s Iraq did however…

Encourage women’s education
Encourage multi-culturalism (i.e. Shiites & Sunnis living together)
Build almost all of Iraq’s infrastructure (the current “government” -regime has done almost nothing since the invasion).

There were many other benefits (over today)…

Before the ‘Gulf War’, 92 per cent of all Iraqi school age children attended school. Attendance at
school has always been high in Iraq as primary education was compulsory until the US invasion in 2003.19 After the conflict in May 2003, only one in six children had textbooks; school facilities were in poor condition, shortages of supplies and equipments were endemic, and the quality of education was in serious decline. icpsnet.org...

Iraq’s healthcare system was once superior to Britain’s NHS, yet 100% free thanks to oil money. It would all have returned this way after Saddam got rid of WMD’s unlike do what he ought to have done which is go the North Korea (and maybe) Iran route.

You might well have been around a long time because you’ve clearly absorbed an aweful lot of propaganda, whilst being quite un-enquiring about the nature of our allies & policies. Why you probably even blame Saddam for the Iran-Iraq war when it was Turkey who bribed the Kurds to brake Iran’s peace, and it was America & Europe who sold weapons to both sides including the ingredients for chemical weapons when it was obvious about their use.

A person such as you probably thinks foreign aid is about fighting poverty & de-stability when it is actually about deliberately increasing both those things www.amazon.co.uk...
You probably think our wars in Libya, Syria are about human rights when the truth is they couldn’t be more irrelevant (outside propaganda purposes) which is why we are funding Al Qaeda in Syria and couldn’t give a damn 15 of the 19, 9/11 Hijackers came from Saudia Arabia usatoday30.usatoday.com...
and whether it be Demo or Rep you vote for, it’s a vote for the purest minds of evil. Because (the senior leadership) is conscious of all this and more, and the rest like the public choose to be ignorant.

Most of Iraq's problems even today are a hold over of the extreme brutality that Saddam taught the culture and society as he ruled.
Rubbish! Nearly all of Iraq’s violence & anarchy started after the invasion of 2003 when there was complete anarchy, all prisoners escaped prison, the Iraqi police force was sacked, many were then murdered, and therefore there was nobody highly at hunting down the religious extremists who made Iraq anarchy before Saddam, just as it is anarchy today.
The only exception is Kurdistan, but that (even according to the people living there) isn’t really part of Iraq, but rather a more or less mono-cultured society, which is primarily why it‘s so stable.

Most of what Saddam did wrong has been grossly exaggerated and there is plenty of evidence for that be it...
Be it Halabja

But the truth is, all we know for certain is that Kurds were bombarded with poison gas that day at Halabja. We cannot say with any certainty that Iraqi chemical weapons killed the Kurds. This is not the only distortion in the Halabja story.www.nytimes.com...

Or Iraqis bayoneting Kuwaiti baby's

With billions of bucks at their disposal the Kuwaiti government, with the help of a NY PR firm, phony witnesses, the mainstream media, war mongering politicians, the U.S.-Israeli propaganda machine and other various war profiteers, were able to completely deceived the American people. To date, no one has ever been charged for this terrible crime. www.indybay.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
NURSE NAYIRAH's FAKED TESTIMONY

Where is she now ? The greatest liar that caused untold miseries that are still ongoing. Tariq Aziz might have a few words to say to her.

top topics

join