It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Beyond Shocked’: Model in Photoshopped NY Health Department Ad Depicting Amputation Speaks Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
www.theblaze.com...

Seems they couldn't find a real amputee to support their marketing cause for a soda/sweet drink ban,

so they went ahead and digitally amputated this overweight/obese male, faking a victim on their widely published ad..

without even notifying the actor, nor requesting permission.
edit on 21-4-2013 by Kandinsky because: Edited title to be the same as the article's title

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Its not the soda. someone with type 2 diabetes that does not follow a proper diabetes diet and take the meds needed to control there diabetes will lose there legs.

You only have to see how many diabetics are non compliant to understand what the real problem is.

Even a small soda is way to much for a diabetic.

If they want to ban anything they should ban HFCS from all drinks.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wait, so wait...

They did an ad campaign and because they didn't use a real diabetic amputee the 'actor' is mad his acting 'career' might be damaged and people are outraged?

Wait, people are outraged that the only thing offered at fast food joints are giant diabetes ridden, corn syrup sweetened pops the size of a horse canteen?

I don't get it.

Damn, Gary Sinese should sue the director of Forest Gump for making him an amputee, it might hurt his acting career.

Without outright banning sugary soft drinks, the least they can do is market against them. However, I do agree this ad is fairly poor taste. Instead of focusing on the negative of these kinds of drinks, I think they should be marketing healthier alternatives in a positive light.

join