It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse James: Still Wanted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Authorities have exhumed the remains of a Kansas farmer who died in 1935 in an effort to determine if he could have been the legendary outlaw Jesse James. Some historians believe it's possible the outlaw faked his own death in 1882, although others believe James was killed by a fellow bandit who wanted to collect a $10,000 reward.

"So, was Jesse James shot in the back of the head by the cowardly Bob Ford, as conventional wisdom has led us to believe?"

CBS News Link

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   
My Grandma loves telling me stories of how I think it was a friend of her mother's...or a close relative like an Aunt...where a bunch of men about 20 (my grandma doesn't tell tall tales lol this really happend), anyways, they came in and demanded of her food.

So she prepared them places and fed them all, and then they of course left and she realized then that it was jessie james's gang. When she picked up the plates there were 20 dollar bills under everyone, and this was before the turn of the century so that was a lot of money for her heh...also they were exceptionally polite...they didn't force her at gun point or things like that...unlike crooks of today...

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 05:12 AM
link   
What an interesting reply ELSFAW. What state did your grandmother live in and around what city or town? Also, do you by chance have an idea of what year that happened in?

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Franck JAMES.

In France (You may know) we have a famous comic about a cow-boy called Lucky LUKE.
(The cowboy who shoot faster than his shadow).

At the end of each volume, there are some western history page talking about the real west legend (Jesse JAMES, Calamity Jane, The DALTONS BROTHER, Sitting Bull, Buffalo Bill, Wyatt EARP...).

These comics are humours and not realistic westen style.

top topics

join