It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Supreme Court Judges!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the post Jetro and raising children is not easy, but I am proud to said that I had done a good job with mine. As your children get older you find how difficult is for then to live in this times.

I also worked with teenage children in middle school grades and is a lot of things going on out there.

[edit on 013030p://666 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
My philosophy is this... abortion shouldn't be used as a means of contraception. The pill, condoms, diaphragms and spermicide mousse are all very good for that.

However... when the pregnancy is the result of rape or abuse, I believe abortion is quite warranted. I think we men underestimate how having a rapist's child in her belly can have a horrible effect on a woman's mental and emotional health. Every time she has morning sickness, she's reminded of what happened and how it happened. As much as a regular pregnancy, with all its troubles and aches, can still be a good experience for an expecting mother whose child was conceived out of love, a pregnancy resulting from the trauma of rape can become nine months of pure nightmare.

Also... if a woman discovers in early pregnancy that she has spina bifida and that there's a big chance she'll end up paralyzed after giving birth, I'm quite alright with abortion. Same thing if the expecting mother happens to have a heart ailment that could make her die in childbirth.

Yes, with sexual intercourse comes responsibility, and sometimes you pay for your carelessness. But it's still a woman's right to control her own body, and in some cases her life, that's in question here.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Honestly, I don't think there is an easy or better way to go when Rape is involved.

Abortion can just as easily affect a woman's emotional and mental fortitude. It is very unnatural to stop a pregnancy, even when the body does it itself.

Neither way is easier, and a woman who has been raped has had about the worst things happen to her. At least something good could come from it in time.

Also, if my father was a rapist, I would first thank my mother and track down my father if at all possible, and have some "fun" with him.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The point is moot really, in the cases of rape the victim usually under goes a DNC (sp), making it impossible to get pregnant. My thinking is that it would be pretty rare.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join