It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the funniest post you've seen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Bit slow here tonight so I used the search looking for something in particular. I got side tracked and came across the post below.
The Thread was about Why do we bury people in coffins.

Posted by Point of no return.
I don't get it? Does it matter if we are buried naked or in a coffin? Our bodies will return to the Earth eventually regardless.

The notion that the Earth is in peril due to the lack of recycling, and connecting that to the recycling of our bodies, or lack there-off is wrong on so many levels that I don't know where to begin.

Maybe the answer is very simple. We could just place the deceased in the church on a table, then the carriers will carry the lump of decaying meat and bones on their shoulders, where it will probably release some gases and have limbs and head dangeling while it's dead eyes stare into the eyes of the family members, as it is carried past them, tongue hanging out.

At the grave some words will be said, and then the corpse will be flung into the hole, with a loud thump, and it will land on it's neck, butt in the air.

People will say what a great guy he was, as the hole get's filled up with sand.

Maybe I have a sick sense of humour, but that made me laugh

edit on 17-4-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Bit slow here tonight so I used the search looking for something in particular. I got side tracked and came across the post below.
The Thread was about Why do we bury people in coffins.

I don't get it? Does it matter if we are buried naked or in a coffin? Our bodies will return to the Earth eventually regardless.

The notion that the Earth is in peril due to the lack of recycling, and connecting that to the recycling of our bodies, or lack there-off is wrong on so many levels that I don't know where to begin.

Maybe the answer is very simple. We could just place the deceased in the church on a table, then the carriers will carry the lump of decaying meat and bones on their shoulders, where it will probably release some gases and have limbs and head dangeling while it's dead eyes stare into the eyes of the family members, as it is carried past them, tongue hanging out.

At the grave some words will be said, and then the corpse will be flung into the hole, with a loud thump, and it will land on it's neck, butt in the air.

People will say what a great guy he was, as the hole get's filled up with sand.

Maybe I have a sick sense of humour, but that made me laugh

"as the hole gets filled up with sand."

That was epic!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

"while it's dead eyes stare into the eyes of the family members, as it is carried past them, tongue hanging out"

Thats what did it for me

I'll have to include the posters name, he deserves cred

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I would have thought that a little common decency is in order.

The dead person is now in the long sleep so placing them first in a sleeping bag made of natural materials may be a bit more sensitive. Prevents the whole body drifting apart thing.

Where, oh where is your sensitivity.

P

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
P

Where is your sense of humour? Your point is precisely what made me laugh

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by pheonix358
P

Where is your sense of humour? Your point is precisely what made me laugh

Um, that is my sense of humour. That is as good as it gets. I often have that response to my humor. Such is life. Speaking of death and such things I have a standing order that at my funeral, my kids have to turn up wearing T shirts with the words

"Life: Be in it!"

P

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Good advice for the kids

The post at the top: It was precisely because it was so shocking that it made me laugh. Still does every time I read it. I must stop looking at it LOL

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

To add to your thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join