It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket recovered at the TTR Clean Slate site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The Nevada Field Office (NFO) and U.S. Air Force staff recently conducted inspections of a historic rocket located at Clean Slate III on the Tonopah Test Range. Clean Slate III, a plutonium dispersal test, was part of Operation Roller Coaster and was conducted on June 9, 1963. The origin of the rocket in the photo and the time frame when it was launched are unknown. Based on interviews with TTR personnel, however, the rocket has been present at the site since at least the mid-1980s.

It would take me probably forever to find it, but the TTR lost a rocket many years ago. They considered it range junk and stopped looking for it. However, it left the range so probably it is not this mystery rocket. Still it is interesting how they find stuff and don't know where it came from.

I searched the NNSA flickr stream and couldn't find a better photo. The fact that "edited" appears in the URL makes me wonder if they had to crop something out. FYI, here is the NNSA flickr account:
NNSA

Regarding Clean Slate, just do an internet search. There is plenty of info on the experiment.

new topics

join