It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: All 7 Fukushima in-ground storage ponds leaking radioactive water!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Report: All 7 Fukushima in-ground storage ponds leaking radioactive water
Date: April 12, 2013

[...] TEPCO’s handout for the press on April 13, 2013 shows that beta nuclides are being detected in the water taken from either the drains or the leak detection pipes or both in not only the ponds Nos 1, 2, 3 but all seven of these in-the-ground storage ponds [...]

enenews.com...

fukushimaupdate.com...

ex-skf.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Jeez, the Fukushima news ive been reading lately is grim. When i heard shane smith talking about it on the Joe Rogan podcast i decided to look into it more and now im just thinking the situation is actually worse then what we thought in the first place.

It just keeps getting scarier, and the thing is, noone is talking about it.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This all info just came before 5 min ..

#Fukushima I Nuke Plant Pond Leak of April 2013: All 7 In-the-Ground Water Storage Ponds Are Leaking Radioactive (Beta) Water

TEPCO’s handout for the press on April 13, 2013 shows that beta nuclides are being detected in the water taken from either the drains or the leak detection pipes or both in not only the ponds Nos 1, 2, 3 but all seven of these in-the-ground storage ponds:

ex-skf.blogspot.com...

www.tepco.co.jp...

edit on 13-4-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
is these stories not getting old....

they got it under control by now, we should keep a eye out on NK instead

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I guess after the reports of west coast USA babies being born with problems after Fukishima, they realized maybe they could give more information and get some more help? They have been horribly closemouthed about this ever since it happened.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tnhiker
I guess after the reports of west coast USA babies being born with problems after Fukishima, they realized maybe they could give more information and get some more help? They have been horribly closemouthed about this ever since it happened.

Tepco: “Losing faith” in leaking Fukushima tanks!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-4-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

At least we get to see how much radiation the human body can absorb before glowing green in the dark. Its best not to know about these things unless there is a solution to the problem. They could just run adds on TV saying how awesome radiation is and if you can get enough you do not need hair cuts as it just falls out.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MariaLida

No need to puz my way darling
Im just hinting that there have been like a million posts on ATS regarding things going crazy at Fukushima
Well LADIDA we are still here... and NONE of these STORIES got any meat on them from a respectable source

keep on trucking OP

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the update OP, it's very much appreciated. Like many, I've followed this very closely since day 1 and the quake which spawned this nightmare. Given everything else also happening at the same time just now, it's fallen off the radar to some degree and I'd missed follow-ups for detail on the fact other tanks are also shown to be leaking into the ground water.

Of course, right there, the water table basically IS the Pacific Ocean and while they blew material directly into open water at the time of the blasts? They can kindly stop adding to the pollution of the World's largest ocean any time now. I'm sure every other nation on the Pacific shorelines would dearly appreciate that in the decades to come.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

No these stories are not getting old there is continuing reports from Fukushima that they are really in the poo poo. You might think its old because you don't hear about it in the MSM. They have been battling the leaks since the tsunami. It's probably not on MSM because the situation is so bad it could be or is a lot worse the Chernobyl. You don't hear about because it would worry a lot of people in the area. By all means concentrate on NK there are plenty of threads about it but Fukushima is in a bad way too

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MariaLida

No need to puz my way darling
Im just hinting that there have been like a million posts on ATS regarding things going crazy at Fukushima
Well LADIDA we are still here... and NONE of these STORIES got any meat on them from a respectable source

keep on trucking OP

Yes we are all here still but if those storage tanks leak then there might be a lot of sick Japanese people. Radiation doesn't kill instantly
edit on 13-4-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

edit on 13-4-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
What's the 50 year plan? Alright, that's silly. What's the 10 year plan? I guess that's silly too I suppose. How about the 1 year plan?

Since I swim in the Pacific Ocean, I eat - used to, the fish from the Pacific Ocean and I live in the direct path of the weather coming off the Pacific it seems I should have some right to know what the 6 MONTH PLAN IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet, me being the lowly scumbag human I have no right to expect an answer other then one vetted by corporations, government stooges, lackey scientists and talking head mouth pieces which all, remarkably say: the radiation pouring into the ocean from now until forever poses no threat to any part of the planet.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It's nice to get the news on this once in a while.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheomExperience

Interesting perspective, im going to have to take that into account.

Thats also seriously disturbing on some level. They are reverting to not scaring the # out of the people over safety concerns. Why you ask?

They are usually trying to scare the # out of us over safety concerns.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

As soon as someone decides to take full responsibility even if its not their issue, the faster humanity could repair the damage and learn from the mistakes. I would just rather make fun of the situation since i am going to die anyway at some point and do not have the pocket change to do anything about increasing the decay rate of radioactive isotopes. I can however try to imagine advanced robots developed by "them" (whoever has got the cash)
that can absorb these isotopes into a magnetic spherical liquid chamber that would be placed where the heart would be. When the chambers are full the robot would place them inside a personal atomic-accelerator kit located in the gluteus region. Once all charges are spent a small cloud of purified ionized air will expel. This will be called a FART. Full Atomic Recycled Throwback

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
These stories are not getting old but worse.
Fukushima cant be cleaned up or ever fixed, its a big gaping festering wound on the planet that will never go away.

In years to come i can imagine the pacific ocean being completely dead.

The scale of Fukushima is beyond any knowledge, what little is leaked on the news will never be fully comprehended because the damage to the power plants cant be fixed and wont stop.
Another tsunami and those ponds will all wash out to sea. It cant be helped and nobody can do anything about it.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
From a few days ago before they admitted all 7 pools were leaking.
Since they have no where to put it, they were pumping it back into the leaking pools and guess what? The pumps were leaking too!
fukushima-diary.com...
Plus the hundreds of tons of water they are pumping on the molten cores each day is now going straight out to sea.
S+F for the thread.
I was just on my way to the Radiation watch thread to drop this off, but for those who might think it an "over there" problem, this is today's rad reading in a place called Borger Texas. The spike hit 177 cpm. Alert level is 100 cpm. Slide the pic over.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Uh huh... how does this post have any logic behind it when ATS is being flooded with meatless NK stories meanwhile these absolutely earth shattering reports about Fukushima receive little to no attention? There are way more NK threads and most of them are based on much less than these Fukushima stories, we have direct reports from Tepco which show how bad the situation is now becoming... so how exactly is that meatless hmm? It seems to me you've had one cup of tap water too many.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
These threads ARE important the NEWS tells us NOTHING...there were MORE than just the Fukushima Daichi plant. Why don't they EVER mention those? And what happened to all the people living there, where are they, HOW are they REALLY doing? I looked up the other nuclear facilities in the north area that was hit by the earthquake and tsunami, what I found was this:

Onagawa - The three units remain in cold shutdown since the earthquake of 11 March. - en.wikipedia.org...

Tokai - shut down due to the Tsunami damage - en.wikipedia.org...

Fukushima Daiichi - en.wikipedia.org...

Fukushima Daini - en.wikipedia.org...

Higashidōri - This plant had to restart just to maintain the power to the cooling units needed to keep it from melting to hell - en.wikipedia.org...

Rokkasho Reprocessing Plant -There is a messload of radioactive material stored here and things haven't been so peachy there since the earthquakes and tsunami damaged structures that were being relied on for safe containment of the material - en.wikipedia.org...

Why aren't any of these other places EVER mentioned and added to our information. Does anyone have updated info on these other facilities?

IF you count all the reactors at these places - around 11 or more in total, some as large as the one at Fukushima Daichi
- there is a LOT of radioactive contamination going on that no one is talking about.
edit on 14-4-2013 by Opportunia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join