It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has loose US gun control led to more guns entering Canada?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Over the coming weeks, a Star investigation will take you along the U.S.-Toronto gun pipeline, from supplier to mule to end user, up the Interstate 75 straight to Toronto’s streets.

The Toronto Star broke this news yesterday, and having not found a previous thread on it, I am offering it up for discussion.

On a sunny Saturday in a shopping plaza parking lot in Atlanta, two Toronto Star reporters bought a handgun from a guy named Bob. They met Bob online the day before, on armslist.com. Sellers use the website to post information about their weapons and asking price and would-be buyers make contact. Like Craigslist or the newspaper classifieds. Near where Bob parked his Grand Prix, Starbucks customers enjoyed the warm afternoon on the patio. “It’s a good first gun if that’s what you’re looking for,” said Bob, sitting in the driver’s seat of his car. “A .25 is a perfect round to start with. No recoil . . . I think you’ll like it.”

Source

Do you believe loose US gun control laws are leading to more guns entering the marketplace?
If not, how do we preserve the 2nd Amendment and restrict the travel/use of guns across borders?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

Wow she knows nothing about safe gun handling. When looking at the firearm she pointed it at his head about 3 times. Its a good thing she isn't buying it, she would be dangerous with a firearm.

It is true 95% of all hand guns in Canada come from the states. Hand guns are a restricted weapon requiring a collectors permit to obtain them in Canada.

Hand guns used in Crimes in Canada almost always come from the States..

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
their government want some commonsense laws on gun and restrictions but that is an attack on the constitution guess some people feel they should buy guns online or where ever with out any kind of back ground check seems a little reckless . guns for everyone regardless their back ground even if they are psychotic or a felon with unlimited clip sizes and caliber. surprised they are not asking for anthrax for duck hunting or a rocket launcher for home protection

but like drug smuggling it will never stop if there is a market for something it will always find its way

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
their government want some commonsense laws on gun and restrictions but that is an attack on the constitution guess some people feel they should buy guns online or where ever with out any kind of back ground check seems a little reckless . guns for everyone regardless their back ground even if they are psychotic or a felon with unlimited clip sizes and caliber. surprised they are not asking for anthrax for duck hunting or a rocket launcher for home protection

but like drug smuggling it will never stop if there is a market for something it will always find its way

You fail to understand whats happening.
Theres a Nazilike government thats emerging from our old democracies
Canada is NO exception.
We need those guns....however we can arm ourselves....
Canadian gun laws are designed to rid the country of guns in a generation or so....
The same applies to other restrictive gun laws in other countries....
Technology and science have invented ways to control mass populations with drugs, psywar,propaganda etc.....

We are virtually defenseless against such manipulations...those guns will win back our feedoms someday...

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Topic question:
Has loose US gun control led to more guns entering Canada?

Answer:
Dunno, Canada is not my responsibility.
If they do not want guns there, it is there fault for pressing a prohibition.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Not the fault of the US. Sounds like your border patrol aren't doing their jobs.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

Originally posted by freedomSlave

You fail to understand whats happening.
Theres a Nazilike government thats emerging from our old democracies
Canada is NO exception.
We need those guns....however we can arm ourselves....
Canadian gun laws are designed to rid the country of guns in a generation or so....
The same applies to other restrictive gun laws in other countries....
Technology and science have invented ways to control mass populations with drugs, psywar,propaganda etc.....

We are virtually defenseless against such manipulations...those guns will win back our feedoms someday...

Not exactly true actually we have recently relaxed our gun laws, no more long gun registry.
The long gun registry was abolished, no more registering your rifles.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Not the fault of the US. Sounds like your border patrol aren't doing their jobs.

Valid point, yet there's no denying a trickle down effect when it comes to guns (originating from the US) entering Canada.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Okay, and then what?

Sounds like the issue still resides with how Canada manages and operates its southern border.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

That's like blaming a kid's parents for not being diligent enough when the kid is surrounded by various dealers on his/her commute to school. Point is, what happens in Canada is of American concern because it speaks to the level of US regulation, or lack there of. When you absolve responsibility altogether over what happens in your country, it makes other countries feel less secure, even if their border guards have to step up.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Canada is not my responsibility.

I get what your point is but here's the kicker. If this investigation does prove that more guns are being funneled into Canada from the US it discredits the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms, if you aren't bearing the arms but trafficking them.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So Canada is the child in that case?
Very telling..........

Yeah, still not the problem of the US. Maybe control your borders and police your own people.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yeah what macman said.
If Canada does not like it, Canada can build a wall!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Nice how this all degraded into Canada bashing. Thanks a lot.
We like guns too you know! Just not when they are furnished to criminals.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by enament
reply to post by g146541

I dont see anyone bashing canada.......I see people saying "Canada needs to tighten its border control issues" I dunno how thats bashing in any sense.......

Were forgetting here that most of the guns that come through ILLEGALLY are probably LIKE EVERY OTHER INSTANCE obtained illegally.........

So again......what good is more gun control going to do?

Criminals will continue to operate beneath the laws to achieve their own ends.........

You guys talk about how someone is bashing canada , yet find no hypocrisy in the fact that the US gets blamed for so much crap that could be taken care of by the countries claiming the transgression , if they took care of their problems like they should.......

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Yeah what macman said.
If Canada does not like it, Canada can build a wall!

We can hire the Chinese!
They build Great Walls

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Our border controls are the exact same as your country's . Your government insisted on it..
We all now need special enhanced passports with RFID placed in them now just to enter into your country where as before we just needed a drivers license and only if requested.

The border controls have really gotten out of hand if you ask me. We still have the longest undefended boarder in the world but for how long?
When is America just going to wall off the whole country?

I love both our countries and both our peoples. I would love to see the America I remembered as a kid.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by g146541

I never bashed on my Canuck Brethren to the north!
In fact Canadians hold a dear spot in my heart, mostly because of Bill Shatner but...

If the issue ever got to the point where Canada did decide to put up a wall or fence in between us, I think alot of folks would see there was something terribly wrong somewhere.
Us here in the US for the most part hate supplying weapons to criminals and terrorists as well, except for politicians of course.
Star to ya though for sticking up for Canada as it would be my second choice as a home if there was no US.
Ehhh I could learn to like hockey.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

Our border controls are the exact same as your country's . Your government insisted on it.. We all now need special enhanced passports with RFID placed in them now just to enter into your country where as before we just needed a drivers license and only if requested.

No offense sir or madam, but if thats the case.......the I really do feel for canada, cause our system is abysmal....

that being said S and F i totally agree with the rest of your post

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

reply to post by g146541

I never bashed on my Canuck Brethren to the north!
In fact Canadians hold a dear spot in my heart, mostly because of Bill Shatner but...

If the issue ever got to the point where Canada did decide to put up a wall or fence in between us, I think alot of folks would see there was something terribly wrong somewhere.
Us here in the US for the most part hate supplying weapons to criminals and terrorists as well, except for politicians of course.
Star to ya though for sticking up for Canada as it would be my second choice as a home if there was no US.
Ehhh I could learn to like hockey.

Thank you.
Its really too bad about your leadership these days. I miss the America I wasn't worried about being detained with no due process. Which makes me wonder how guns are still getting here. We need to unrestricted fire arms so more law abiding citizens have them, and I really like your concealed carry laws. And long live your constitution and your 2nd amendment.

top topics

join