It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mammogram Confusion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Breast cancer didn't run in my family and I ended up with an agressive cancer anyway. I hate mammograms with a passion but...my cancer was found and is now gone.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Get off the mammogram train.
articles.mercola.com...

I'd say that's a brilliant business. Create fear, with the fear induce that which you are causing fear with. Next thing you get chime, that causes the cancer caused by the radiation to metastize and the the medical war machine can suck you and your family dry of all insurance and savings.

Start doing medical research yourself. Avoid sources of heavey metal toxicity and alomst any form of pesticide or herbicide like the plague. Start fermenting your own food and liquidise a whole lemon with 1l water and drink a glass or more daily.

Avoid hydrogenated and trans fats. Eat sufficient amounts of other fats. Anything that has a low fat version is generally nutritional crap. Eat the good fats, lose the sugar and sodas. Coconut oil is amazing for brain energy and fat loss.

Read up on the body's methelation cycle and make sure you get in the nutrients required, in the right forms.

And my learning for the week: get a clean source of seawater and drink a little if not daily, then quite often. Does wonders for your immune system

This behaviour will already put you in a different league for cancer risk. Add plenty meditation while you're at it and you have the start of a very solid base.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I see the issue has already been addressed in the thread, but I too have had a concern about mammograms actually causing cancer. It didn't seem right to me that we use radiation to check for cell mutations when radiation can cause cell mutations. I just avoid the issue with my doctor. I will have to soon talk to him about my concerns I guess. I have only had one mammogram and that was back when I was 36 and I'm 42 now. They changed the ages of recommending them from 35 to 40 I think after I had my first one. Anyway, it really almost seems like a *gasp* conspiracy to cause breast cancer. I don't care how silly that may sound. It's how I've thought about it.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Too much confusion on something they should have figured out by now, just sounds like they don't have a clue. We're an experiment.

Yeah this also gets me. How much money is spent on all the cancer research they are supposed to be doing? A LOT. They are always trying to raise more money for the cause. I'm sick of seeing pink stuff being sold just to make money for more research. I'm sick of seeing people wearing pink to draw attention to the cause. I think by now we know there is a problem. What is it actually accomplishing? It seems like nothing. By now you would think they would have figured out at least this small part of it. Where the heck is all the money going?!

Before anyone bashes me for sounding insensitive, I have lost loved ones to cancer and many types of it run in my family on both sides. I think I'm qualified to have a few opinions about it.
edit on 13-4-2013 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join