It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dangerous Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The Dangerous Man

The most dangerous man to any
government is the man who is able
to think things out for himself, without regard to
the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably
he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable.

- H. L. Mencken

Julian Assange...

...apparently the most dangerous man in the world.

Like a lot of you I have mixed feelings about this man. I personally haven't invested too much time in researching him and his orgnisation, WikiLeaks, which is probably the reason for my mixed feelings. Is he a genuine activist for truth and freedom? Or is he a hand picked stooge, an agent provocateur of those powers that he supposedly fights? Time, as always, will tell.

Probably.

Having said this, let us for a moment pretend that he IS a good guy. A freedom fighter. An adherent of truth. A lover of peace. One of us.

How does this make you feel? The most dangerous man in the world (to the establishment) is, as we speak, shut away in a small office room converted into a living quarters with nothing more than a bed, a sun lamp and a treadmill to work off his diet of take away pizzas.

Of course to some this is proof of just how dangerous he is.

It reminds me very much of another man who was once described by Nixon as "the most dangerous man in America". That man was Timothy Leary. Leary was an American psychologist and writer, known for his advocacy of psychedelic drugs, and spent a lot of his life on the run from the government.

Another name that springs to mind is John Lennon. Like Leary (who was a good friend of Lennon's) he was hounded by the FBI and was eventually shot and killed, as far as I am concerned, because he was too dangerous.

What is your point? I hear you ask.

Well, about 9 months ago, whilst on holiday, I read a book called 'The Dangerous Man' by Karen Sawyer. It's sub-title was 'Conversations with Free-Thinkers and Truth-Seekers - A Collection of Alternative Research', which basically covers what the book was about. It had all of the 'big names' of conspiracy in there (David Icke, Ian R Crane, Michael Tsarion, Michael Cremo etc...) and some lesser known but equally as interesting individuals.

I enjoyed the book, that has to be said, but I quickly realised that these people just weren't enough, not for me anyway. They were never going to effect change. They were old. Comfortable. Settled. Spent.

None of them have the charm, the wit, the wild-eyed potential that Lennon and Leary (and so many others of that generation) had in abundance. We're all different, but that is what I personally need from someone if I am to truly get behind them. When I think about what I want from a figurehead I am always reminded of the Apple advert...

"Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. But the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."

That's what I want from my 'most dangerous man'. And quite frankly I can't see anyone out there right now with that potential.

Maybe you disagree with me, if so I would like to hear why, which is where this thread comes in. I would like each member to put forward their 'Dangerous Man'. Who in the world right now has the ability to rock the establishment to it's core? It could be a scientist, a writer, a historian, a journalist, a politician - anything.

Who do YOU think is the most dangerous man in the world?

*Please note: I'd like to make it clear that I am not being gender specific. By using the term dangerous man, I am referring to manking - both men and women. I just used 'man' to keep it clear and simple and aesthetically pleasing.*
edit on 4/16/2013 by kosmicjack because: sizing

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It seems people agree with me, there is no hope

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hmm, that is actually an interesting question. Who is the most dangerous man.

Well, in case of Asange I would say that it most certainly is not him, because so far I haven´t heard of wikileaks fabricating false info in order to get attention.

All I heard is that they publicize some uncomfortable facts that are based in truth. And that surely can´t be wrong in itself.

First we have to define danger as well. If danger means potential death and harm to other humans, then at the moment as far as we know it must be the little fat kid in north korea. At least his potential for harming others seems to be greater than anybody else´s.

I understand your basic premise that a dangerous man is the independent thinker, the one who is not afraid to speak the truth. But I wouldn´t see that as dangerous in the classical sense.

The most dangerous men in history were the famous dictators I´d say.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If you believe the hype about him, then Ron Paul would have to be the most dangerous man to the government and TPTB.

The way the Republicans rigged their primaries to keep him from being a serious contender should speak volumes.

The main point he keeps hammering home is to End the Fed which definitely keeps the big banksters up at night.

Most people think of the Fed as an indispensable institution without which the country's economy could not properly function. But in END THE FED, Ron Paul draws on American history, economics, and fascinating stories from his own long political life to argue that the Fed is both corrupt and unconstitutional. It is inflating currency today at nearly a Weimar or Zimbabwe level, a practice that threatens to put us into an inflationary depression where $100 bills are worthless. What most people don't realize is that the Fed -- created by the Morgans and Rockefellers at a private club off the coast of Georgia -- is actually working against their own personal interests. Congressman Paul's urgent appeal to all citizens and officials tells us where we went wrong and what we need to do fix America's economic policy for future generations.

End the Fed!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I highly respect Mr. Paul and his message, but if he didn´t manage to "make it big" by now, then he never will.

I do not see a scenario in which he gets the necessary support in a financial and media sense to actually change something.

It´s unfortunate, but I do not see it happening.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightaudit

Apologies, let me be more specific. The question I'm really asking is: "Who in the world, right now, poses the greatest threat to TPTB?"

By 'TPTB' I basically mean whoever you believe pulls the strings - NWO, Illuminati, Rothschilds etc...

Who would they see as the dangerous man?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

They have no threats at the moment in my opinion. All the currently active opposition seem to be controlled opposition, able to be taken out whenever.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
There is no single most dangerous person in the world.

Julian Assange is labelled that way, along with many others, for their IDEAS and VALUES, not their actions.

Truthfully, we, the citizen, are the most dangerous people in the world. A sudden shift in public opinion can be the winning, or losing factor and usually often is the #1 thing that determines actions by governments and other organizations.

I think Julian served his purpose. If he's some agent provocateur, he's not been very successful. All and all Wikileaks is a huge failure for the government and the PTB if indeed it was all some cooked up plan.

The discussion around that has lead to the downfall of countless internet censorship bills, blew the lid off many events that otherwise would have never seen the day of light and embarrassed governments all over the world.

So much so, that the media acts like these cables hardly exist at all anymore.

So, if it was a big old plan by them, it was a pretty sucky one.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I thought Mr. Paul might crop up as a potential contender.

Personally I don't agree. I wouldn't rate anyone within the political spectrum as a contender for the dangerous man, I think 'they' have got that racket pretty sown up. As has been proven time and time again.

Still, I respect the guy immensely and who knows who he might have inspired.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I think the fact that he tried to work within the system is what hurt him the most. By playing their game, he never really had a chance to make a real difference. If he had only had the stones to run as a third party candidate, then maybe he could have made his mark. It certainly wouldn't have changed the results of the last election to run but, maybe it could have sent the message that people are fed up with the two party system.

Its a shame I can't think of anyone else out there who may be a threat to the system. Ron Paul is to old to make a difference anymore and it looks like his son has sold out to the system.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Reluctantly, I agree.

I think it is about time that we began to critically analyse the so called "good guys" within the conspiracy movement because despite all of the vernacular nothing ever changes.

And, of course, we must also cast the critical eye inwards.

new topics

top topics

join