It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin banned in Finland? Russian President's name on criminal blacklist by mistake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
A indirect message or a honest mistake?
Either way, it just seemed hilarious to me. IMO its a purposely committed error by the opposition parties within Finland or a Law enforcement officer possibly upset at Putin for some reason.

Vladimir Putin, banned in Finland? The Russian President 's name was mistakenly placed on a secret criminal register that could theoretically have gotten him arrested at the border.

TV station MTV3 on Wednesday reported that Putin was placed there for his contact with Russian motorcycle gang Night Wolves, though he wasn't suspected of a crime in Finland. But National Police Board spokesman Robin Lardot reportedly said the listing was a mistake and that Putin's name was removed from the list.

"The National Police Board has investigated the case and indeed found that such a mistaken entry was in the register," Lardot said, adding "We have ordered it to be removed and are investigating the case very thoroughly. We don't know how it got there." He declined further comment.

The head of Finland's national police force, Mikko Paatero, apologized for the "mistaken" inclusion of Putin' s name in the database.

SOURCE

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well, Russia has tried to take over Finland many times in the past so I think it is possibly not a mistake. Finland lost a lot of land to Russia before.

Sweeden was always trying to control Finland also....Still happening today, my wife is half swede and she is always trying to run everything if she can. Her aunt called me a heathen after she first met me, she's all Sweede
I guess it was because I love nature more than city living.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Curiously it's not easy to accidentaly add names to that list. It takes thought and intent and also the guy who added it was an experienced guy, not some summer temp.

new topics

join