It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Dies After Raleigh Police Use Stun Gun On Him....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Article

Here we go again. This time the man died. Naked. In the street. However, I think it is possible he was on drugs too, just my opinion on that part.

Then there is his history. Obviously he had some mental problems.

Officers were called to the intersection of Wiggs and Mial streets behind Emmanuel Baptist Church around 3:45 a.m. after they received a report of a naked man in the church parking lot yelling obscenities "at the top of his lungs," according to a 911 call in the case.

According to court records, Sadler was on probation for a speeding to elude arrest charge in Virginia. He had also been convicted of possessing a weapon of mass destruction in Gaston County in 2007.

I wonder what his weapon of mass destruction was!!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
It's a sad indictment of the police that they couldn't find one officer withh the jui jitsu or mma skills to be able to take a single guy down and either choke them out, or incapacitate them long enough to get restraints on the crazy naked guy.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
If the cops ever used a stun gun on me, I'd probably die too. I have neurological issues ... poly neuropathy ... my whole body. Without my meds evem breathing is hard to do because I can't seem to make the lungs move. So I'm sure that a jolt like that to my electrical system would be fatal ...

I understand the cops not wanting to use bullets and all ... but this stun gun thing seems to be used a lot more freely than it should be. yes yes .. easy for me to say .. I'm not a cop on the street .. I know, I know. It's just my observation ...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
I wonder what his weapon of mass destruction was!!

Was also curious myself, but a google search shows that the WMD term is a rather wider net than most people would think.

14-288.8

Part (c) of that is all encompassing.
Any bomb, grenade or rocket.
Any type of weapon which has any barrel with a bore of more than one‑half inch in diameter
Large numbers of guns (fully auto, short shotguns etc...)
Any muffler or silencer for any firearm
etc

Yes, a silencer is a WMD.
Maybe Saddam had one of those. It could justify the invasion of Iraq.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
If this corrupt Govt charged me with the most absurd and idiotic crime of "WMD", which is a JOKE, I would be out screaming as loud as I could too! I'd wear cloths though because I like warmth.

WMD ,. seriously? This govt has no credibility.

If he really had WMD why did they release him back into the public? It's proof he never had actual WMD. They are probably just throwing claims like this around to prove how awesomely powerful they are with all these super terrorist style crimes they can get us with now over next to nothing.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I would of tazed his A$$ to, a naked man coming at me, come on people, he did the right thing.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Maybe they should use a throwing net as used in roman gladiatorial games....at least that does not have a lethal potential like the stun guns have proven to be.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
It's a sad indictment of the police that they couldn't find one officer withh the jui jitsu or mma skills to be able to take a single guy down and either choke them out, or incapacitate them long enough to get restraints on the crazy naked guy.

Would you grab a hold of a naked man with his junk hanging out and possibly had $hit on his backside ?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Would you grab a hold of a naked man with his junk hanging out and possibly had $hit on his backside ?

Nobody ever said being a cop was easy.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Normally I don't condone the use of stun guns, but from what I read this guy was clearly out of control and presented a serious threat.
First people reported hearing a "blood-curdling scream". For me, that mean 'danger!, call the po po'. Then he was naked in public, in North Carolina, not San Francisco, that clearly indicates wasn't right in his head. He was verbally agressive, then became physically agressive. Using the stun gun seems like the best way to quickly get the situation under control.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Anyone with any kind of heart disease could be killed by a 50,000volt shock.So these slobs risk a life EVERY time they use them and as reported they use them on anyone for any reason with reckless abandon.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawg61
these slobs

Who exactly are the 'slobs' you're referring to? This one officer in paticular? Or every police officer in general?

join