It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MPD/aka Multiple personality type symptons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Just wondering if anyone has these types of symptons?

Hallucinations
Dissociation
Not knowing who you are
Extreme forgetfullness
Flashbacks
Gender association issues
Changes of direction/behaviour and thinking

I have a few but very mild. However, they are life effecting, and really quite strange.

Any ideas how these are formed? I have read its due to childhood abuse, however, Im unsure of why this happens. I mean how does the brain switch off or onto something else, due to trauma.

Thanks
edit on 9-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

There are many other diagnoses that would better fit those symptoms than "multiple personality" disorder. My advice to you is to see a mental health professional for a proper diagnosis along with seeking therapy. Researching symptoms on the internet will just make you paranoid and think that you have conditions that you don't necessarily have- kind of like those prescription med commercials on television make people think they have medical conditions that they don't necessarily have. Consult with a professional.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

You have to play the cards that are dealt with any given scenerio. I feel your post as I do the same. You can't always be hot and same with cold... Sometimes you need to be luke warm~

On a different note.... My voices tend to be at war as of late and they've recently told me to shut up...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I did have it once where I had an inner dominant voice, kind of like what you see " mediums " experience when they suddenly say they are channeling another human/angel or what ever.

This dominant voice was barking orders of how I should behave lol...

Anyway, I did follow the voice. But it was very unlike me, I was more relaxed, this was a voice that was kind of like a teacher.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I dont need a psychotherapist as these are mild symptons I have just noted that they resemble MPD quite closely thats all. And I think I have these under control now. In my 20s however, I had little choice but to go through them.

join