It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals getting Massive Tax Refunds

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I've own a small internet business for 10 years , as the economy continues to collapse small businesses like mine are suffering. This year I made less then 1/4 of what I did the year before.... and because I have to pay a "Small Business Tax" I owned money to the IRS even though I made less then $6000 this past year.
Now because of a tax loop hole Illegal Mexicans can add children, not even living in the USA, on to their tax returns and receive huge $10,000 + refunds... This is Crazy !!

videos2view.net...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

You shouldn't blame your failures on other people.

And the issue you bring up isn't an "illegal immigrant" issue...many people use this type of tax fraud...why try to pin it all on "illegals"???

Bottom line, if anyone is doing this it is illegal. Doesn't matter if they are illegal immigrants or american citizens. And this isn't the reason you are failing in your business nor the reason you have to pay corporate taxes.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I don't understand the point you're trying to get at.

Add a questionable source and chalk it all up to political trolling.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

And the issue you bring up isn't an "illegal immigrant" issue...many people use this type of tax fraud...why try to pin it all on "illegals"???

Bottom line, if anyone is doing this it is illegal. Doesn't matter if they are illegal immigrants or american citizens. And this isn't the reason you are failing in your business nor the reason you have to pay corporate taxes.

Did you even watch the video? It clearly states Illegals are using this tax loop hole..

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

I don't understand the point you're trying to get at.

Add a questionable source and chalk it all up to political trolling.

Unquestionable source..LOL... Your tolling now..LOL

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

So the man in the video that was portrayed as being the Inspector General for the Internal Revenue Service tax division was a fake?

Just checking, because he seemed to think that this amounts to 4+ billion dollars a year in fraud... whoever is responsible for it.

ETA: the 'questionable source' seems to be an NBC news TV affiliate in Indianapolis, IN. wthr.com

NBC no good anymore as a source???
edit on 8-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Did you even watch the video? It clearly states Illegals are using this tax loop hole

No, I didn't..because the website seems sketchy and is unknown to me.

But hey...if a video on the internet says it's true...then it must be true

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You did not watch the video in its entirety.
Either that, or you did not grasp that the whole loophole in this case is specifically tied to illegal workers! (hint ITIN)

Which was it?

No, I didn't..because the website seems sketchy and is unknown to me.

Seems sketchy? It is an NBC Television affiliate.... duh.
edit on 8-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Me thinks Someone needs to pay a toll to that poster so we can gain access to the other side of that bridge.

On topic: This should outrage everyone in the states. That is a handsome sum of money that could be used for our citizens that are really in need. Government assistance is being cut (for those that truly need it) yet people that are here unlawfully are taking advantage of a system that was made for the people. ugh. Enough from me.
S&F for the OP

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

So I don't get how they can file tax returns if they have No recordable income.
If you are illegally in the country it is impossible to get a job. Supposedly.
Because the government created this procedural form called the "I-9". It is the form that has to be filled out complete with a minimum of 3 forms of I.D. . Without this you can't work. Supposedly. If you can't work you can't draw a check. If you can draw a check you can't pay TAXES. If you can't pay TAXES then how the how the hell can you file a tax return.

However, on the other hand there is a local chicken farm here that had 42 illegal employees working for it. UNTIL the day Immigration showed up to review the I-9's. Talk about a MESS. The company lost half of their workforce that day. Not to even mention the fines and all of the other penalties.

It just shows how easy it is for an illegal immigrant to get work. BUT as far as the paperwork process goes it is has run amuck.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Fake ID's and social security numbers from dead people are often used by Illegal immigrants to find work "legally".

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Let me add another bit of info that most people do not know:

Most illegal workers DO NOT FILE TAX RETURNS!

All too often, the illegal workers in the US will pay all of taxes that us legal residents pay, but cannot file a tax return because it will throw up some red flags and they would be caught.

So yes, there are some that find a way to play the system, but the government is making out like bandits from those that never file to receive a return.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The IRS created the ITIN's just so that illegal aliens could file income tax returns.

The question is, did they really think that the illegals would file a return in order to PAY TAXES to the IRS?

We see how it worked out..... They are collecting money from the government. Four billion dollars a year!

Government ideas always work out so well. I am so glad that they are taking control of the healthcare system!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

i don't care what nation you are from. If you work hard, i want to hire you. It sucks that my government doesn't see the value in humans lacking US citizenship.....

....as it regards the tax loophole.....which of you hypocrites don't take full advantage of your tax loopholes?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The scam is not the illegals using ITIN to file their tax returns. It is the children.

The children HAVE to have social security numbers to be able to be claimed on the taxes. If these children are not here in the US, how did they get the SSNs?

I just went to go bend the ear of my dear boyfriend who is a CPA who works online from our home office. He said the kids SSNs were probably stolen.

A couple of weeks ago, he had a client whose tax filing was rejected by the tax-prep software. Investigation showed that the client's and the client's wife's social security numbers and birthdates had already been used this year to file taxes.

Whoever stole the information created fake dependents to get as big of a illegal refund as possible.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Nice way to put in perspective for us. S.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

which of you hypocrites don't take full advantage of your tax loopholes?

If you are asking if I claim that 20 children that are actually living in Mexico live in my house..... well, that isn't me.

If, by tax loophole,you are asking if I paid the federal govt over 10,000 dollars in federal income tax..... YEAH, I used that loophole!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Did it ever occur to you that this might be a new business for this person? I don't know his story, but I know that I am in my second year of business and I made very little money, and still had to pay taxes. I did not even take a paycheck, and the taxes cut in to my operating expenses for next year. Most businesses don't make a profit for several years when starting out, and it often has nothing to do with the person who runs the business.

This pisses me off beyond belief as well.
edit on 8-4-2013 by artnut because: I just realized he said ten years, my bad. Businesses fail sometimes through no fault of the business owner, though. Sometimes it is the economy.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
WOW. 4 billion dollar a year tax fraud- and the IRS says they cant do anything about it.
They know its going on, and claim they cant do anything about it without the consent of congress.

Talk about BS.

20 dependents in one household- all living in Mexico except one little girl.

Its no wonder illegals all driving around in Escalades and breeding all those children.

These people should be either deported or thrown in jail for a very long time.

Something has to give, and it needs to stop being the taxpayers.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Yes, I saw in the news the article that were showing how the "Illegals get away with no only stealing your identity (I was a victim of identity thief) but also getting massive refunds because loopholes that we legal Americans can not even dream of using, while we are forced to prove deductions this "Illegals" can claim as many Dependants as they want

No wonder thins nation is going down the toilet, we the tax payer and legal citizens get screw while others reap the benefits.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join