It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sequencing Your DNA Onto A Chip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This is a real technology, and I think it's totally epic. So how does it work? Well, there's a chip that you have that has everything you need to extract your DNA. You take a tiny bit of blood, inject it into the chip, along with the required chemical and putting the chip into a testing machine. The chemical and your blood mix together, and then your DNA is extracted, and the regions containing snips(in the video) are cut out. Now, what's the application for this? According to one of the persons(at least) that came up with this is saying we can have medication and therapy methods tailored to the person's individual needs. And it also tell them if the medication will have any side effects towards this person, or none at all. I couldn't get all the information into this post. There's more info in the vid.

The video is in this article.
edit on 7-4-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I believe, for all the talk, THIS is the new world order in things like this. Everyone numbered, checked, cross checked and verified throughout their stages of a day and carefully scheduled for maximum efficiency throughout.

9 minutes to sequence eh? Well.. Needs a little work yet, but it's almost there.

Welcome to the brave new world, eh?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
They say DNA of an individual is different than others and can be used for identification. What you talk about, is as you indicated, real and within the scope of science. I would would think you could do it with nano tech. A nano programed with instructions to bind with the DNA and use the code to establish a numerical sequence that could be used for identification. This number, accessable in this maner, would be based on DNA and would be individualized making you distinguishable from other humans. But why stop there? Since a lot of us have GPS systems, you could utilize this also within the Nano tech. The level of securty would be extremly high. Science fiction or fact.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
As very cool as this is, it's looking for SNPs, not sequencing your entire DNA.

However, it is quite impressive for what it does.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I can think of many other applications in science like this. Consider you are on vacation some where and want directions. With your nano enabled information retrieval it would be easy. You might be able to have it displayed in your eyes. Even better. As indicated the medical applications would be huge. These are just ideas, but in this day and age individuals will have to make determinations on these sciences and there uses.

top topics

join