It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists claim Arkansas oil spill diverted into wetland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Most of the 700 cleanup workers are local. The only area off limits to the public is the subdivision where the line broke since most of the 22 residences evacuated. They said on the local news they might return home tonight. There are alot of volunteers working the cleanup also. To see it all you have to do is drive down the access road, it's one lane now since all the equipment is there. We have alot of gas wells in North Central Arkansas so we were lucky to have plenty of vacuum trucks & equipment close by. They are doing a good job on the cleanup. I just wonder who approved building that subdivision over an oil line? It's not a rural area, There are probably 450k people within 20 minutes of there.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cal43

Thanks for the reporting and it is good to hear it seems small and contained at this point. I can't find anything about the leak itself as to whether it has been stopped completely, but at least it is not out of control. No news on the cause of the rupture.
Yea building a neighborhood there is a little suspicious, but you know, follow the trail and you will prolly find money and shortcuts.

Peace,
spec

ETA: Update - Cameras Now Allowed

Mayflower, Ark. (KTHV) - For the first time since the Mayflower oil spill officials allowed the media to see where the rupture occurred.

"I think they're making real good progress. We can actually stay out here without a gas mask," said Wayne Holcomb, a Mayflower homeowner.

ExxonMobil officials said the pipeline leak originated from a homeowner's front yard in a cove just off Starlite Road South.
An ExxonMobil official said the pipeline sprang a leak just past an area marked by orange tape, but still are not saying what caused the rupture

www.thv11.com...
edit on 8-4-2013 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The pipeline has been shut down since the day it started I believe. They are supposed to show the neighborhood and talk about replacing the ruptured line on the news in a few minutes.

<< 1   >>

join