It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA/JPL "Spooky Sounds"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Spacecraft instruments record signals that can be converted to sounds. The following pages feature converted signals created by mission teams to better understand the data.

Space Sounds

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

Just a few sounds (mostly from the Cassini Probe) converted to sounds that are quite eerie. Just wanting to share.

Also, a youtube playlist of other sounds was included.

Jupiter just sounds massive and Saturn is very spooky indeed!

More sounds
edit on 7-4-2013 by Terminal1 because: Added link

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ah the sounds coming from the vacuum that is space. Such diversity in the emptiness. Yet, those sounds are reflections of the astral bodies and energy waves travelling through the cosmos, much like the static between stations on your radio captures interference. The fact that NASA called the feature "Spooky Sounds" is perhaps poetic as it speaks to the desolate void that lies between Earth and its fellow planets.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
As soon as I played the first one it reminded me of some other recordings I've heard, sounds to me like "garbled' humans talking, or maybe something else, I played them all.

Spooky stuff for sure.

flag and star for you, if you don't mind.

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Seems like Saturn's rotation is frequently variable. Maybe it has to do with the rings and all the matter in them, a good reminder of no matter the time scale, everything is in flux.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Yea... I noticed in the Saturn description that there is a discrepancy in the Saturn "day" between when the Voyager passed and Cassini. I wonder what they have come up to explain that rotational difference.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

I don't mind a bit

A couple of the sounds do sound familiar... but when you think about it some sounds are like that. If it is the same one I think you are talking about it sounded to me like someone turned on AM radio and twisted the "tune" button back and forth a few times.

What stands out to me is how very different each one is.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
just played saturn and my cat looked at me like wtf and walked away dont think she liked it lol. sounds like halloween music pretty cool

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

Thank you for this. I too think they are both eerie and awesome. They are all intriguing but the first two are definitely Halloween material.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Interesting to learn that Saturn has a hitch in it's get along. The replies in this thread are really poetic and a pleasure to read. "Spooky Sounds"
The scientific term no doubt.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

After you wrote this I went through and played the audio for Saturn and looked at my cat.. He indeed did turn his head towards the computer about 4 seconds in. I can confirm that your cat wasen't the only only one to say "what the hell".

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well...

Now I know what to do if my cat gets a bit too loving and purr/claws me too much.

I must test this new theory on my dogs...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the post , it has been discussed numerous times on ATS before .. here is link to quite a good post

Sounds of the solar system

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
Thanks for the post , it has been discussed numerous times on ATS before .. here is link to quite a good post

Thanks for that!

That thread is structured way better than my noob one.

I did do a search first for strange sounds and got the "sky noises" worldwide.

Again... thanks

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1

Thanks for that!

Again... thanks

Figures Sky noises have taken over ATS in the past couple of years

no probs wasn't trying to be funny just thought if you are interested in the phenomenon you might like that post and to even add any latest info (no its not my post) to it ..

QS
edit on 9/4/13 by Quantum_Squirrel because: added additional thoughts

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1

Thanks for that!

Again... thanks

Figures Sky noises have taken over ATS in the past couple of years

no probs wasn't trying to be funny just thought if you are interested in the phenomenon you might like that post and to even add any latest info (no its not my post) to it ..

No offence taken.. quite the opposite. Playing some now trying to freak out my two chocolate labs. They are just looking at me like "You cant be serious..."
QS
edit on 9/4/13 by Quantum_Squirrel because: added additional thoughts

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Anyone can put sounds through a synthesizer and get something weird out. Boring story, thanks.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
Anyone can put sounds through a synthesizer and get something weird out. Boring story, thanks.

Yeah, It was so boring that you had to take your time to post in this thread? Or maybe you were just bored? Like the saying goes, Fear is that little darkroom where negativity is developed.

OP, I think the sounds are amazing. I have heard some other sounds from Saturn that almost came across like some kind of Alien language.

I have always been so fascinated with the missions of the two Voyager probes, as well as Cassini. What an accomplishment for Mankind.

Some day an Alien species is going to come into contact with one of them. It's not if, but when. ~$heopleNation
edit on 9-4-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

top topics

join