It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In The Beginning!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Sometimes it is both good and necessary to go back to the basics, in other words, "In The Beginning."

There is much accusation here at ATS and for the most part in the world in general regarding the Holy Bible, it's validity and/or self proclamation as a/the source for truth. I am not so naive to think that this material will some how change the mind of all who have in the past regarded the Holy Bible as being a non holy book and nothing more than mythology and figments of mans imaginations. It is inevitable that upon the sharing of what Christians esteem to be The Holy Word of God and truth that vultures swoop down from their ever watchful perch to devour the flesh of the messenger even while he/she still has breath in the lungs. However, this thread is not for God's sake, for God needs no reminder, even though He is happy when we do so, but God needs no reminder that His Word is His Will and is truth, for God is Love and Truthful and cannot lie! If we esteem the Holy Bible as being anything but, then the problem is in our understanding of it.

So, the above said, allow me to continue to the meat of this. Indeed it is meat and nourishment for those who hunger and thirst for truth.

I happened upon a post recently here where the certain one commenting on a thread was in a contradictory mood regarding the Holy Bible. The comment was something along these lines, "How can we trust a book that says the world was created 6,000 years ago in the 1st chapter of the book?" The comment was something of that nature. I hope that this does not seem trivial to all but, to me every word in the Holy Bible is precious and is truth when rightly divided. Even the Holy Bible declares that we must,

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (II Timothy 2:15)

I thought then that I would offer the following so that we all might see there may be more to The Word of God than what we have been led to believe by those with possibly very good intention and sincere, but sincerity is not a guarantee for truth. "WE MUST STUDY."

I'll lay this out as best I can, I just ask for some latitude. It's all right there in Genesis Chapter 1.

I was taught that God created the heaven and the earth 6,000 years ago. And that God did the creating in 6 days and rested the 7th. And, that is what the Bible seems to be saying but, is it really?

The Holy Bible declares, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." The beginning may have been millions of years ago. Something of a cataclysmic nature happened during the untold time between verse 1 and verse 2 because in verse 2 it states, "And the earth was without form and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep..."

In the King James the 1st usage of the word "was" is in regular print. The 2nd usage of the word "was" is in italicized form. In actuality there is no Hebrew word for the word "was". The 1st usage of the word "was" is actually the same Hebrew word used when Lot's wife turned around to see the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah burning, it says, she turned to see and BECAME a pillar of salt. The word "was" in Genesis 2 is a mistranslation and should have been rendered, "BECAME or TO BECOME." In other words Genesis 1:2 should have been translated, "And the earth BECAME without form and void and darkness upon the face of the deep."

In Genesis we have the record of God speaking back into existence that which He had already created in the beginning. During the rebellion of Lucifer and 1/3 of the Angelic host which continues to this present time, the Earth had become without form and void and darkness. God's plan to restore the Earth and heaven above the Earth to it's original state was to bring about the creation of man, and ultimately to fill the void in the righteous Kingdom of God of which Lucifer and the 1/3 of the Angelic host left through the obedience of His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ.

Genesis declares that God created man in His own image. John 4:24 declares that "God is Spirit." If there was a life form prior to the Earths restoration it did not consist of the spirit of God.

The first Adam was formed, made and created with body, soul and spirit upon this restoration of Earth. The first Adam died spiritually in the day of his disobedience and then eventually he returned to the dust of the earth from which he had been formed. The second Adam, Jesus Christ redeemed mankind by his own blood and by his sacrifice for me and you we can once again be born again of the spirit of God through him of which the first Adam had lost for all.

In 6 days God spoke back into being that which He had created in the beginning. That which He had created in the beginning had become without form and void and darkness.

That is what the principalities and powers and rulers of the darkness of this world and spiritual wickedness in high places do, they wreck things. But, God is greater than the kingdom of darkness and Jesus Christ has won the war!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I must say you are on the right track.

But you don't have to change the word Was for became.

Follow the cross reference of "without form, and void" this phrase is used only one other time in Scriptures and it is about Jerusalem Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. And similarly to Genesis one vs two the last part of Jer4:23 there is darkness.

By comparing these two we can tell that something was in a form and made formless. We didn't need to say it was mistranslated or go to Hebrew to change the English either. lYou have discovered what is called a "GAP" of time. Among Bible believers it is called the Gap Theory. But there are many gaps in the Bible and even in the book of Revelation. The whole church Age or current age we are in now was at one time unknown and it is a Gap that so far has lasted almost 2000 years.

The KJV is the preserved word of God to this generation as promised in Psalm 12:6-7

Keep up the good study

edit on 6-4-2013 by ChesterJohn because: add some details

join