It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This coming Sunday, April 7th, Our Lord pours His unfathomable divine mercy on everybody who wishes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChesterJohn
Roman Catholic Recruiting.

Grace cannot be applied to any ones life apart from acceptance of the work of Jesus Christ on the cross and that can happen any day 24/7 while one is alive.

Special grace yes, but God bestows general grace on everyone daily.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

No, they're definitely a no go. There are droves of anti-religion trolls just waiting in the wings for another religious thread. Literally every religious thread I've seen pop up, is always inevitably derailed by individuals who just want to bash religion. It's easy to tell around ATS who has a chip on their shoulder.

Of course, they'll attempt to defend themselves by claiming "free speech", because free speech gives you carte blanche to act like a douchebag.

That is a real shame too. I've rarely ever felt people were trying to convert me by what Christians call bearing witness and I understand it completely. I don't practice it as it isn't my way. Literally by Faith in this case...but I respect. it. Perhaps I just can't understand why the rush comes to run over that?

Some of the best and more enlightening conversations I've had were with devout believers of other Faiths. Including Islam. Perhaps especially that, in fact. Still, it's always enlightening to hear about how others view life and the question of what comes next.

Perhaps it'll calm in time to get to exploring those discussions more freely. It is a tense period for that in society as a whole too, I suppose.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Hi,

This is the day, the feast of Divine Mercy. Read the OP, wherever you are spiritually, accept that Jesus'
promise in the OP. Fulfill His request to receive His promise, #2. Read #8 if you are not Catholic.

There is leeway on Confession, 8 days after the Feast of Divine Mercy but why wait?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Grace cannot be applied to any ones life apart from acceptance of the work of Jesus Christ on the cross and that can happen any day 24/7 while one is alive.

do you realize how unbiblical the terms Special Grace and General Grace are?

Neither of them are found in the Bible.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yeah, and Zeus is going to end suffering and usher in a Golden Age.

Grow up. Stop believing in myth and actually do something with your life.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

do you realize how unbiblical the terms Special Grace and General Grace are?

Neither of them are found in the Bible.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge if I were you.

Special grace would be saving grace. General grace would be like sunlight and rain. Just because the Bible doesn't state the terms themselves it's easy to understand God bestows saving grace and makes it rain on the just and unjust alike as well.

edit on 7-4-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
you are right OP, Apr. 7, LDS general conference: LDS General Conference Talks Apr. 6-7th 2013

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I am listening to the Sinatra station on Serious Radio and heard a lyric a little bit ago...

"Once upon a time the world was sweeter than we knew."

True and it's going to be again, we can't give up hope. Jesus' mercy is for everyone. We're sinners, so please everybody repent form the heart, confess your sins to God. Okay, Catholics must do more.

The only unforgivable sin is believing God can't forgive you.

I hope you Jigger and those reading this thread had a blessed and prayerful Divine Mercy Sunday. It is about an hour left here....

love,

colbe

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by jiggerj

Are you sincere about asking for forgiveness and do you truly feel bad for what you did? Do you understand what you did is wrong and why it is wrong? Do you really feel bad for the sin you committed and do you want to change your life for the best and to help others? Then yes, you can be forgiven.
Special needs know no better (sometimes. I emphasize sometimes because of circumstances and variables) and sometimes they do. IF they know better and are sincere in asking for forgiveness... You get the picture Jigger

Yeah, thanks. Just no divine mercy for those evil divorced people. Jeeeez!

Oh dear Jigger J,why are you so ignorant
www.divorcehope.com...

because you are a follower?

It doesn't matter whether you believe number 7 of the OP or not. It is the creator of this thread that believes it. Probably millions also believe it. Please direct your disdain for such an embarrassingly ridiculous belief to them. Thanks. And STOP directing your childishness at members and focus YOUR opinions on THEIR opinions. Even I didn't call Colbe ignorant because he has this one ignorant belief.

and you reply to it by encouraging the myth, well done sir

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by jiggerj

Are you sincere about asking for forgiveness and do you truly feel bad for what you did? Do you understand what you did is wrong and why it is wrong? Do you really feel bad for the sin you committed and do you want to change your life for the best and to help others? Then yes, you can be forgiven.
Special needs know no better (sometimes. I emphasize sometimes because of circumstances and variables) and sometimes they do. IF they know better and are sincere in asking for forgiveness... You get the picture Jigger

Yeah, thanks. Just no divine mercy for those evil divorced people. Jeeeez!

Oh dear Jigger J,why are you so ignorant
www.divorcehope.com...

because you are a follower?

It doesn't matter whether you believe number 7 of the OP or not. It is the creator of this thread that believes it. Probably millions also believe it. Please direct your disdain for such an embarrassingly ridiculous belief to them. Thanks. And STOP directing your childishness at members and focus YOUR opinions on THEIR opinions. Even I didn't call Colbe ignorant because he has this one ignorant belief.

and you reply to it by encouraging the myth, well done sir

borntowatch,

Brother/sister? It isn't "the myth." Trying to convince you, have faith. Ask in prayer for the grace to believe. You would make God very happy.

All the mystical points to Christ. How about the three major SCIENCE tested over and over miracles?

1. Shroud of Turin (latest test findings...proves the Shroud is 1st century)

2. The tilma of Guadalupe

3. the Stigmata, Padre Pio's bore the wounds of Christ for 50 years

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
reply to post by jiggerj

I am listening to the Sinatra station on Serious Radio and heard a lyric a little bit ago...

True and it's going to be again, we can't give up hope. Jesus' mercy is for everyone. We're sinners, so please everybody repent form the heart, confess your sins to God. Okay, Catholics must do more.

I hope you Jigger and those reading this thread had a blessed and prayerful Divine Mercy Sunday. It is about an hour left here....

love,

colbe

And may your mind open to the truth one day, that humans aren't sinners. Humans are just human. You have no defects. You were not born with a sin on your soul. The only forgiveness in this life is when we forgive ourselves for our mistakes.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Oh my word, so much anti-Christian sentiment on this thread

For all of those who do not believe, did you know that it was actually predicted that in the 'end times' belief in God would fall off across the board? It is part of what gives rise to the AntiChrist etc etc. Many of those who read and understand prophesy from both Catholic Prostestant, and get this even Islam sources will tell you that we are now in these times as we speak.

Before you all jump on the bandwagon of Atheists have been around forever, I realise this is true. However, the fact is that while the word's population is growing, Christianity in particular is really struggling. Given that Christianity has big problems with hypocrisy and corruption in it's key leaders, this is hardly news at all. However, there was a warning sent from heaven in recent times about the issue at Fatima (or was it Garabandal? I forget now...) The message went along the lines of 'Many Priests, Bishops and Cardinals are leading their flocks to perdition' - interesting words to come from the mouths of poorly educated and quite young children, you must admit.....

So, the increase of Atheism and Agnosticism is actually something foreseen and written about long before it happened. Which kind of leads us to asking the questions like if someone knew this would all happen, how could they have known? Was it just a lucky guess, or is there more to it than that? Where did they get their information from? Something for all of us to ponder really.....
edit on 8-4-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thank you colbe i woke up with a refreshing sense of purpose. I am finding my path again.I noticed yesterday and today the animals seemed to be very relaxed.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

And may your mind open to the truth one day, that humans aren't sinners. Humans are just human. You have no defects. You were not born with a sin on your soul. The only forgiveness in this life is when we forgive ourselves for our mistakes.

So, if I were to entertain your line of thinking, then I would be of the belief that Hitler was a nice man and the fact that he oversaw the slaughter of 13,000,000 Jews, Gays, Jehovah's witnesses, political prisoners and other people he generally didn't like was actually just 'human' and actually a nice guy that made a couple of 'mistakes'?

What about Stalin, he didn't believe in God. So, was he was a 'good' Atheist because made everyone burn their bibles and stamped out religion because he thought the belief in God was irrational and got in the way of running a country? Was he just a nice and misunderstood man that had a few errors in judgement too?

How about our contempary friend Mr Kim Jong-Un. Is he just a human that 'makes mistakes' and simply needs to 'forgive himself' for winding the entire world up by threatening us all with nuclear war? What if he actually pushes the button and launches a nuke? Is that just a 'mistake' he would need to forgive himself for?

Sin is the act of doing wrong against other persons, yourself, or God (if you believe in him of course) By this definition, every one of those three people are sinners, as are we all. We can all receive forgiveness for our sins from one another by saying sorry to the person(s) we have offended and the person(s) we have sinned against forgiving us. There is also the concept of attrition, i.e making it right again, but in some cases, you simply can't undo what you have done and that is where sorrow on the sinners part forgiveness from those who have been sinned against comes in.

There are also sins that from a human perspective are too big to forgive, such as Hitler's atrocities. I don't think I would ask any death camp survivor to forgive what Hitler and his henchmen did to them for instance. Instead as a human I would do everything I could to help that person pick up the pieces and move on with their life.

I will leave the God forgiving us part out, as I get that you don't believe, but I personally believe that people like Hitler would not be forgiven by him as he spent his entire life ridiculing God and was mercilessly responsible for the death of so many people.

edit on 8-4-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

So, if I were to entertain your line of thinking, then I would be of the belief that Hitler was a nice man

No, if you were to entertain my atheist beliefs you would be able to look upon such men as a plague upon mankind, a plague in much need of a bullet in the head.

If I were to entertain religious beliefs I would be duty bound by god to shower these men with love, forgiveness, and mercy. This would be etched in stone.

But, nothing is etched in stone when there is no god. We don't need to tolerate those that would harm our loved ones. If a man has not the mind to act according to what the majority deems good and right, then that man must be put down.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

borntowatch,

Brother/sister? It isn't "the myth." Trying to convince you, have faith. Ask in prayer for the grace to believe. You would make God very happy.

All the mystical points to Christ. How about the three major SCIENCE tested over and over miracles?

1. Shroud of Turin (latest test findings...proves the Shroud is 1st century)

2. The tilma of Guadalupe

3. the Stigmata, Padre Pio's bore the wounds of Christ for 50 years

I completely disagree, Christianity is a faith. Some choose some dont, your evidence is at best circumstantial.
If God wanted solid evidence we would have more than a few possible parlour truicks

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

If I were to entertain religious beliefs I would be duty bound by god to shower these men with love, forgiveness, and mercy. This would be etched in stone.

But, nothing is etched in stone when there is no god. We don't need to tolerate those that would harm our loved ones. If a man has not the mind to act according to what the majority deems good and right, then that man must be put down.

Actually, no. Christianity teaches that thereis only one thing you can do that is unforgiveable and putting a bullet in a monster like Hitler's head ain't it. We are taught to try and better ourselves, but in the end if evil takes root, we must act to stop it.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

love,

colbe

Hi Jigger,

Mistakes go against something right, whose right did we error from? How do we know what we did is wrong? The basic, God gives everyone a conscience...and much more...

colbe

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
Thank you colbe i woke up with a refreshing sense of purpose. I am finding my path again.I noticed yesterday and today the animals seemed to be very relaxed.

deadeye,

Your reply made me smile, I don't do very well at ATS. A quote from Our Lord about His divine mercy, don't we
need to hear this... It was said to St. Faustina in the 1930s.

“Let the greatest sinners place their trust in My mercy. They have the right before others to trust in the abyss of My mercy. My daughter, write about My mercy towards tormented souls. Souls that make an appeal to My mercy delight Me. To such souls I grant even more graces than they ask. I cannot punish even the greatest sinner IF HE MAKES AN APPEAL to My compassion, but on the contrary, I justify him in My unfathomable and inscrutable mercy. Write: before I come as a just judge, I first open wide the door of My mercy. He who refuses to pass through the door of My mercy must pass through the door of My justice…” (1146)...

colbe

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
That is a nice little quote

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join